Is anyone else bummed about Splatoon's interactivity?

Raethien

Inkster Jr.
Those are definitely things to be bummed about. I was planning on doing story mode first, then play online so I could have gear.. But seeing at this rate there is no point.

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
It's somewhat annoying to know that they are taking steps backwards rather than forwards. You would think that they'd want as many people to buy the game as possible, I, along with a few other people I recognize here, have been posting comments on the official splatoon facebook page whenever they post something new. I refuse to stop trying to get what us fans have been asking for.

proxibomb

Inkling
I'm hoping they change their minds and make a way to just play with friends/have custom games and such. This game seems to have a huge load of potential, and another competitive game could drive sales for the game.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's somewhat annoying to know that they are taking steps backwards rather than forwards. You would think that they'd want as many people to buy the game as possible, I, along with a few other people I recognize here, have been posting comments on the official splatoon facebook page whenever they post something new. I refuse to stop trying to get what us fans have been asking for.
You are a true soldier. *Salute*

I'm hoping they change their minds and make a way to just play with friends/have custom games and such. This game seems to have a huge load of potential, and another competitive game could drive sales for the game.
I agree completely, Nintendo has changed their minds on things before, anyway.

Undr

You are a true soldier. *Salute*

I agree completely, Nintendo has changed their minds on things before, anyway.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo just likes to mislead the consumer on things like this. There's no way the developers weren't planning on Smash DLC when Sakurai said Mewtwo was going to be the only one. Lucas was likely already in development at this point considering Sakurai also stated that each character takes a year of development time.

Of course I doubt any of that sort of thing is going on here. Still it had to be said.

Reactions: Lyn

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
I didn't even think about skipping single player right away, we do need to play it a bit to unlock ranked mode though right? At least there's one reason :P

Lyn

Premium
I didn't even think about skipping single player right away, we do need to play it a bit to unlock ranked mode though right? At least there's one reason :p
That doesn't sound likely, but it could be possible.

DaKid

Pro Squid
I don't care about voice chat either way and understand the frustration some have about its exclusion, however I completely understand why Nintendo decided to not put of in. It's a rated E10+ game with a cartoony art style, it would be quite jarring to be playing a game such as this and getting cursed out by people over voice chat. I do believe they should have at least given us voice chat for friends or used parental controls, but people would simply exploit either of those and kids would figure out how to bypass the Parental options.

Nintendo has done the whole chat things that ended badly like Picto Chat and Swapnote, both got exploited. I know people hate the whole "Why am I being punished for other people's actions." I get it but you have to understand, that happens in a lot of cases other than gaming and the reason for it is because you always have bandwagoners just waiting to do it too. Voice chat is just proven factually toxic due to the anonymity of the internet. It has its good uses but it is predominantly abused and exploited.

As for the whole custom games stuff, IGN worded that poorly an it lacks a lot of context, also you can make friend lobbies.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I felt the same way when they announced no voice chat.
But I got over it and think its not entirely imperative.
And we may figure out someway around it if something is necessary (ex: skype or raidcall)

Lyn

Premium

Arne

Full Squid
NNID
Arne83
I honestly don't see these as that big of a deal. I can understand having some concern about them... but I just can't see them as anything to legitimately worry about.

Lyn

Premium
I honestly don't see these as that big of a deal. I can understand having some concern about them... but I just can't see them as anything to legitimately worry about.
I understand. It's a bit harder for me, coming from online fps/tps games and just now not being able to talk online. It would be fine in normal games, but RANKED GAMES?? Not okay in the slightest.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Custom games doesn't bug me much. I mean, what is there to customize about the matches? Having different game modes seems like enough to keep me entertained.

And it seems like there's a lot of confusion about private rooms with friends. Some sources say we will and other sources says we don't. I think we're just going to have to wait until launch to find out, or until a direct if Nintendo decides to have one. I feel Splatoon needed one more than Xenoblade X does. :/

spyro839

Inkling
I feel that Nintendo will acknowledge these concerns and mayhaps add an update with these things. Least I hope so. Regardless, I am still hyped. Nintendo has been needing something like this for awhile, and I've great faith they will not disappoint.
I hope it doesn't disappoint, I've been hype for the game since E3 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom