Last person to comment wins!

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Which do you think is a better candidate for Splatoon 4, Ultra Stamp or Kraken Royale? Both are deeply flawed but I think it’s safe to say that Nintendo is bringing one of them back.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
either could work with changes Ultra stamp needs frontal protection and kraken needs HP
I think the ultra stamp change is more likely so stamp but I just want a new special like them honestly or just flat out don't bring back either

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
honestly if they aren't gonna fix stamp I really do not want them to bring it back for Splatoon 4
the special is designed pretty well I would say
but they just flat out refuse to give it the buff it needs (functioning hitboxes including frontal protection working)
maybe they will rework it into Quadruple Ultra stamp next game
No! They should bring it back in Splatoon 4 and they should continue to keep on bringing it back!!!!!

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
No! They should bring it back in Splatoon 4 and they should continue to keep on bringing it back!!!!!
Not all of us got our favourite specials back in the switch between Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 3. It's just something you have to deal with when it happens. My money would be on Kraken Royale to return over Ultra Stamp since it's been in the game for less time, it's more iconic since it's based on one of the seven original specials from Splatoon 1, and it wasn't in Splatoon 2.
I don't think they need to give Kraken Royale HP, but they should make it take a reasonable amount of knockback from all weapon types. It's already satisfying to splat it in its endlag.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Not all of us got our favourite specials back in the switch between Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 3. It's just something you have to deal with when it happens. My money would be on Kraken Royale to return over Ultra Stamp since it's been in the game for less time, it's more iconic since it's based on one of the seven original specials from Splatoon 1, and it wasn't in Splatoon 2.
I don't think they need to give Kraken Royale HP, but they should make it take a reasonable amount of knockback from all weapon types. It's already satisfying to splat it in its endlag.
What about triple splashdown?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
What about triple splashdown?
I certainly hope not. Splashdown is still fundamentally flawed, even if it’s cool and functional now. We’ll have to see, though.
You know, the thing I think would be best is for both Ultra Stamp and Kraken Royale to stay in Splatoon 3, and have Reefslider come back with the user being able to steer it and have full control over their movement, (having a set duration and reduced explosion size for balance).
Best rework they could give anything, if you ask me.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I certainly hope not. Splashdown is still fundamentally flawed, even if it’s cool and functional now. We’ll have to see, though.
You know, the thing I think would be best is for both Ultra Stamp and Kraken Royale to stay in Splatoon 3, and have Reefslider come back with the user being able to steer it and have full control over their movement, (having a set duration and reduced explosion size for balance).
Best rework they could give anything, if you ask me.
Frick no, reef slider is already perfect, no steering ability please

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Frick no, reef slider is already perfect, no steering ability please
I will not be considering your opinion, good sir.
Everything is better with steering, and Reefslider is far from perfect. Fusing Reefslider and Kraken to make a sort of hyper-Baller would be absolutely awesome and I will not be convinced otherwise.
Have you never seen a special attack in the form of a ridable, steerable explosive? There is nothing cooler, as long as it doesn't have to stop moving when it explodes. Looking at you, Baller.

I hard disagree with triple splashdown specifically being fundamentally flawed I think the special works just fine
The problem is that it's a kamikaze button. You're flatly more vulnerable in Splashdown than you are normally, and its AoE is ginormous. It's easier to splat the special user than escape the blast radius in most scenarios. It will only not be flawed in my eyes if it becomes the other way around. It'd be nice if Triple Splashdown (and Ultra Stamp, for that matter) gave the user armor when activated.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
The problem is that it's a kamikaze button. You're flatly more vulnerable in Splashdown than you are normally, and its AoE is ginormous. It's easier to splat the special user than escape the blast radius in most scenarios. It will only not be flawed in my eyes if it becomes the other way around. It'd be nice if Triple Splashdown (and Ultra Stamp, for that matter) gave the user armor when activated.
I respectfully disagree I think specials that put you in a vulnerable spot can be a really good thing for design
Now you can take it to the extreme like with reefslider and og splashdown but think of all of the best designed specials they all have some amount of Splat-the-user counter play
The rider is exposed on Crab tank
Inkvac can be damaged from behind and by melee weapons (this still needs buffs)
Inkjet increases your hitbox size
Zipcasters zip armor is only when you are zipping and is very weak
Ultra stamp can be shot from behind and from the sides (and from infront which should be fixed)
And triple splashdown can be shot out of the sky

This allows interesting counterplay and the feeling of a fair special if balanced properly on both ends
Triple splashdown also has a decent bit of skill expression for the user AND the fighter
You can aim the fists
You can use terrain elevation changes to place the fists above you or below you
You can splashdown super jump (don't do this)
You can splashdown over splashwalls and brella shields (sorry fellow brella players)

And for the fighter you can
Shoot the fists close to you
You can kill the user (which is a trade off because you might die to the fists)
You can run away
You can punish the landing

I love this specials design and I really hope it comes back in Splatoon 4 instead of stingray or some other trash special in terms of design

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I love this specials design and I really hope it comes back in Splatoon 4 instead of stingray or some other trash special in terms of design
Nah, it’s Sting Ray’s turn in the spotlight. And some form of Baller-like special since Baller is undeniably the best special concept in the series. Shame Splatoon 2 executed it so limply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom