Last person to comment wins!

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
It looks like the Wellstring V will be a pretty good main weapon. What do you guys think?
It's really hard to say, Ash's showcase was... a bit subtle let's say, so I still can't tell if the up close one shots are reliable. The charge time looks slower than I expected too, but I still think there's potential here, and honestly hammer isn't that much of a death sentence imo, I'd much rather have a hammer than a wave breaker or a vac personally

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
As a bow player I am really excited
I prolly wont play the v kit tho because I hate stamp
I am a typical gamer at stringer and, HOW DARE YE HATE ULTRA STAMP!!! ye must be condemned for hating ultra stamp

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
As a bow player I am really excited
I prolly wont play the v kit tho because I hate stamp
Have you tried it yet?
If you don't end up liking the Custom kit, you should try out the vanilla. I agree that Ultra Stamp isn't great, but Autobomb is, especially for the Wellstring since it already plays around heavy area denial.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
Have you tried it yet?
If you don't end up liking the Custom kit, you should try out the vanilla. I agree that Ultra Stamp isn't great, but Autobomb is, especially for the Wellstring since it already plays around heavy area denial.
yep been playing it a TON today I am absolutely in LOVE with it
I prefer the vanilla kit I think even though stamp is pain it has been nice to chuck at inkjets which have been everywhere because of charcoal
I haven't been this in love with a brand new weapon since sblast was added this is so cool

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
yep been playing it a TON today I am absolutely in LOVE with it
I prefer the vanilla kit I think even though stamp is pain it has been nice to chuck at inkjets which have been everywhere because of charcoal
I haven't been this in love with a brand new weapon since sblast was added this is so cool
I wholeheartedly agree. For all my Splatoon career I’ve been looking for a weapon like it. It can fight up close, it can fight at a distance. There is no range where it can’t fight effectively. Sure, landing vertical falloff shots at a distance can be a pain, but I can think of no splat more satisfying. Definitely one of the most fun weapons they’ve ever designed.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Have you tried it yet?
>:( you make me made saying that ultra stamp isn't great, it is great!

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
>:( you make me made saying that ultra stamp isn't great, it is great!
Ultra Stamp is most definitely not great. It's fine; usable, sure, and it might get a quad if you're lucky, but it's nowhere near greatness.
The stamp doesn't protect the user properly, and it only encourages opponents to take advantage of that vulnerability by being really difficult to escape from. It needs some changes before I'll consider it great.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Ultra Stamp is most definitely not great. It's fine; usable, sure, and it might get a quad if you're lucky, but it's nowhere near greatness.
The stamp doesn't protect the user properly, and it only encourages opponents to take advantage of that vulnerability by being really difficult to escape from. It needs some changes before I'll consider it great.
I say it doesn't need fixing it's just that no one knows how to properly use ultra stamp

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I say it doesn't need fixing it's just that no one knows how to properly use ultra stamp
I'm going to be blunt with you, just because you can use the special effectively in C rank doesn't mean that it doesn't need fixing.
You're not at the level yet to make good takes about the way the game should be balanced. Ultra Stamp is low tier because weapons like the .52 Gal and Splat Charger, which it's supposed to counter, can just shoot the user through the stamp.
It doesn't work at higher levels, and it needs the fix.

Please do not argue game balance for the sake of liking a special weapon.
It can be your favourite, and you can be good at using it; that's perfectly fine, but that doesn't mean it's good. You should want the thing to be better anyway if you like using it, right? Why argue against a buff?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I'm going to be blunt with you, just because you can use the special effectively in C rank doesn't mean that it doesn't need fixing.
This is actually a very good reason not to buff it. It still needs fixing, yes, but if it can already be used effectively at C rank then buffing it would make it overpowered at C rank. And C rankers shouldn't have to deal with that just for the sake of the (much fewer) people who play competitively.

Personally I think that if stamp's hitbox is fixed, it should be made slightly slower so that lower level players (and players with slower weapons) can swim away from it more easily.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
You're not at the level yet to make good takes about the way the game should be balanced. Ultra Stamp is low tier because weapons like the .52 Gal and Splat Charger, which it's supposed to counter, can just shoot the user through the stamp.
It doesn't work at higher levels, and it needs the fix.

Please do not argue game balance for the sake of liking a special weapon.
It can be your favourite, and you can be good at using it; that's perfectly fine, but that doesn't mean it's good. You should want the thing to be better anyway if you like using it, right? Why argue against a buff?
uh, I don't use ultra stamp for ranked, I use it for casual, I use Zooka fro ranked

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
This is actually a very good reason not to buff it. It still needs fixing, yes, but if it can already be used effectively at C rank then buffing it would make it overpowered at C rank. And C rankers shouldn't have to deal with that just for the sake of the (much fewer) people who play competitively.

Personally I think that if stamp's hitbox is fixed, it should be made slightly slower so that lower level players (and players with slower weapons) can swim away from it more easily.
I fully agree. The stamp hitbox fix would be a huge buff and make the special much more annoying at all levels. A shockwave radius nerf would be fair compensation for functional protection.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
honestly if they aren't gonna fix stamp I really do not want them to bring it back for Splatoon 4
the special is designed pretty well I would say
but they just flat out refuse to give it the buff it needs (functioning hitboxes including frontal protection working)
maybe they will rework it into Quadruple Ultra stamp next game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom