Mafia 1 | D2

JeXs

Inkling
Because it's detrimental to town if we no lynch in most cases. Especially on Day 1 where information is most scarce, a no lynch will provide mafia a free night kill. If we lynch though, we can force a town controlled kill on a player that people feel is scummy and their flip can also help with providing connections to other players through their interactions.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
I get pretty annoyed by it, since all it does is force us to wait for a particular player in many cases. But I've learned to not take too seriously, since sometimes people just have nothing to say. If they're supposed to respond to something and lurk or avoid the thread on purpose though, that's when I'm ready to lynch them. It's scummy to me, but not a major one, as I've seen players who lurk regardless of their alignment.
So, is squid master your most likely lynch candidate even though he hasn't responded to the questions laid out for him? Are you practicing patience by not voting him to await his reply? I usually expect people to be inactive another 24 hours before they're able to post again, but that might be too much time considering the deadline.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Because it's detrimental to town if we no lynch in most cases. Especially on Day 1 where information is most scarce, a no lynch will provide mafia a free night kill. If we lynch though, we can force a town controlled kill on a player that people feel is scummy and their flip can also help with providing connections to other players through their interactions.
Oh :c
Makes sense I'm used to starting and having mafia kill in night one.
So this is different.

But if we lynch and say we kill an innocent esp an important role wouldn't we be giving the mafia an extra hand anyways?

JeXs

Inkling
So, is squid master your most likely lynch candidate even though he hasn't responded to the questions laid out for him? Are you practicing patience by not voting him to await his reply? I usually expect people to be inactive another 24 hours before they're able to post again, but that might be too much time considering the deadline.
No, I just asked him not too long ago, I don't think that's enough to be considered inactive lol.

@xCoCo
Don't worry about not having any suspects, it's pretty normal early on in the game. As the game gets further, you can look through people's posts and see if you find anything suspicious or not coming from a townie mindset. We can also look at how other people interact with other slots once they flip and we know their alignment. Also yea, it would be really silly to claim now.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
@Coco, well, day one lynching is usually very beneficial in forum mafia games. By not lynching day-1, we'd be handing the advantage to the scum overnight, and we can't afford to do that as town. Having what Jexs pointed out as a "town-controlled kill" early in the game will allow us to glean information that will prove useful in future lynchs. The events leading up to a lynch can be observed and questioned in order to see who's reasons for voting are genuine, and whose are false. As town, we have to use our votes effectively day one in order to test the waters and gain early reads on individuals we may find scummy or town. This is achieved in multiple fashions.

JeXs

Inkling
Oh :c
Makes sense I'm used to starting and having mafia kill in night one.
So this is different.

But if we lynch and say we kill an innocent esp an important role wouldn't we be giving the mafia an extra hand anyways?
In a sense yes, we would be helping them out. But that's kinda how the game is, we have to wither down town's number if we can't find the scum, and it would get easier for town once the numbers are lesser. Usually if a person with an important role gets close to a lynch, they will claim their role. Sometimes it's believable and they don't get lynched, but other times they get lynched anyways, but that's more applicable to closed games where roles are not revealed. In a semi-open or open setup, claims are usually quite powerful as the roles are already known beforehand.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Oh man. Okay I understand now.
Thank you all for explaining.
I just feel guilty for possibly putting an important role on the chopping block and possibly forcing them to claim.
I don't suspect anyone yet; but I'll be here reading through everything.

JeXs

Inkling
You don't have to feel guilty! If a slot is going to get lynched, it's usually their fault most of the time anyways. It's bad to have an important role exposed but that's what we have to deal with since we need to lynch people in order to win the game. Also, don't be afraid to post your thoughts on anything throughout the game. It's helpful!

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
While voting day-1, we are always acknowledging the possibility that our accusations could be mislead, and the individual we are accusing is actually a member of the town. Despite this, we
Oh man. Okay I understand now.
Thank you all for explaining.
I just feel guilty for possibly putting an important role on the chopping block and possibly forcing them to claim.
I don't suspect anyone yet; but I'll be here reading through everything.
You shouldn't feel guilty for accusing anyone you deem to be scummy. If the town ends up being mistaken, and we force a town PR to claim, then there are always protective roles to cover our mistakes.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
edit by way of post: Despite this, we continue our search for scum in an effort to create a picture of who we deem town, and who we deem scum.

JeXs

Inkling
Oh, and since we aren't allowed to edit our posts, we can use what bruce just did here, "edit by way of post" to edit any mistakes we might have made in our post. Or you could just use EBWOP if you don't want to type the whole thing out.

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
great activity yall

Votecount
Marigi (1): Bruce Squillis
Bruce Squillis (2): Squid Master, African American

Not Voting (6): Bossanova, h.JC, Marigi, Xyvon, xCoco, JeXs

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Well I'm going to put Squid Master on the chopping block then : o

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Oh, and since we aren't allowed to edit our posts, we can use what bruce just did here, "edit by way of post" to edit any mistakes we might have made in our post. Or you could just use EBWOP if you don't want to type the whole thing out.
throwing out the weakest of fos's on this. seems to be trying really hard hard to appear helpful without actually offering anything. however, we have about a page of people offering advice, which is why it isn't that strong at all. i'm not sure what about this post is setting me off compared to the rest he and bruce are posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom