Mafia 1 | D2

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
[QUOTE="Drez, post: 43140, member: 3589"
C. I just wanted people to see you help slow down town's progress, while seeing that you contradict that with accusing others of not being able to find scum. I just find that as, being unfair when you aren't even helping that much in that regard.
D. Exactly, and gut isn't a good reason for you to have picked it. That is definitely what scum would do, use gut as a cover for what they cannot explain.
E. It wasn't actually suspicious, and African explained why it would make sense for someone from a different type of mafia, to be confused. Sometimes, newbs can legit be confused, regardless of alignment. It's null. You tried to spin it off as scummy.
H. If you knew townies need to ask questions to develop reads, maybe you'd understand that once they deliver the content, and it's as weak as Boss's, then maybe you would have a point. But this is not the case, and you kept pushing it without waiting. What my issue is, it felt more forced, and not as natural, without you thinking, but just responding on auto-pilot.

The placement. Some reads he has doesn't fit with the actual reasoning he has, which shows he is fabricating the reads instead of producing genuine reads. Plus, his scumreads are weak, very weak. Do you agree?[/QUOTE]
Overall, I'm wary of why you're so confident in me being scum. This seems somewhat like you're own accusation of me for being "too determined." When somebody disagreed with you (miragi), you changed the topic to Boss instead of considering reevaluating.
(c) seems like info drop. I've been the player with the most fos's/scum reads so far, so I don't get how you can say I'm not trying to hunt scum at all.

(d) is calling me out for gut readings, despite not offering any criticism towards Bruce for his use and encouragement of this tactic.

(e) is true, in the sense that I found it scummy, so I presented it in why I thought she was scummy. I'm not trying to spin things, I was presenting my case.

(f) isn't quoted but this is a topic already discussed and you simply disagree with my playstyle here.

(h) is an interesting perspective, but I disagree with Boss's play being particularly weak. He simply went for a Page-by-page analysis instead of summary thoughts. The scum read on him is mostly for things that he said early in the analysis that are different than at the end of the analysis. I will reread this, though, since he is currently at three votes.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Real H. I just ask about what I find suspicious, wrt to Boss and Bruce. Thanks to Bruce answering, I was able to understand his side, and liked him from it. Then to phone content in, I just ask others about three reads to get them talking. That's what I was talking about with the first quote against you. You seemed to not notice that Bruce did exactly that, but you did not say a thing (specifically about that). This is why I find you suspicious, because you aren't actually looking for scum, you are trying to make others look scummy.
H is actually i.
as JeXs quoted, I did FOS Bruce for his questions. I thought this was actually part of your "robotic checklist" accusation against me. At this point, it seems more like you're just trying to force scum onto everything I do.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
About Bruce, the main thing sticking out is that he starts scum reading me immediately after Boss. That could be a townie following a player he agrees with on a read. But one thing that makes me look at him is that he mentions I had African American as null, rather than a town lean. He states that he views my read as null because I didn't state why. This is his own belief, which isn't true, since he's not me. That's fine that he doesn't believe I read someone else a certain way, but he uses it to attack me for a lack of reads and not trying to progress. I don't know why a townie would lie about someone else's read, which is why I'm bothered by this.
I have to reread how this came about, but iirc Bruce asking me about you and my negative response came before BOss' accusation. I found it odd that he waited until somebody else had mentioned suspicion of you before he agreed, but I didn't bring it up because I figured it was possible he didn't want his opinions to influence my answer.

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
No deadline extension. Drez replaced in with over 48 hours left in the Day, more than enough time.

Votecount

Bossanova (4): Squid Master, Drez, Marigi, JeXs
JeXs (1): Bruce Squillis

Not Voting (4): Bossanova, xCoco, African American, h.JC

deadline is 11:59pm est june 17. it takes 5 2 lynch w/5 alive

JeXs

Inkling
Oh, he's at L-1. Completely forgot Squid Master voted for him.
##unvote

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Reading up and stuff.
Looks like a lot happened while I was out and about.

At first glance, I see there's an entire train on Bossanova. I'm probably going to have to look at how all of this developed.

I'm going to do a full read through, but Jexs, could you please give me some of the highlights in a tl;dr fashion?

JeXs

Inkling
I'm going to sleep lol. Just checking in for the last time. It was mostly Drez and I talking about our reads on h.jc, you and boss.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Oh yeah, reciprocal timezones, Gn.

I was looking over page eight again, and was thinking to myself "huh, h.JC was really reluctant to give me his read on Bossanova the other day."
JC, have you given an actual read of Bossanova in the pages I'm about to read? The reason I asked you earlier was so I could compare your read on Boss to the read Drez promised. So far, I'm still confused as to what "Bossanova's fine" actually means.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
it just means that i don't find him to be the best lynch target for today. "fine" just means "not setting off too many scum alarms". i'd rather push on other players.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
@h.JC But does that mean you read him as scum, or town? What do you think about his reads/ catch-up post?
It sounds to me like your read for him is null. And who are the other players you want to push? I see you're not currently voting atm.

Speaking of Boss, has he even been on in the past 12 or so hours?

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
I don't know why you don't think that my explanation of why my read on him not being strong isn't satisfactory. I already explained that. I town lean him because of the general tone in his posts and the perspectives he offered.

Can you rephrase that 2nd paragraph? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say. From what I understand, you're scum reading me because of my posts that don't say much content wise, without taking into account my personality, which is a big part of why I post how I post. If you're looking for proactive content on my part, it's usually rare for me to do so until I find something that catches my eye.
I still need to follow up on this post. Do you mind giving me an example of some of the perspectives he's given in the game so far? Also,what exactly about his tone do you read as town? I'm just looking for a bit of textual support because I haven't seen you using a lot of that.

My main point in the second paragraph is this: I do not take this game to a personal level, after all, it's a game. I'm looking at the posts and content you posted in the game so far, and I've found that your lack of scumhunting and fluff posting appears fairly scummy, thus I'm scumreading you. I do not make reads based off people's personality, for instance: John doe is being mean to me; he must be scum. That would be a personal read. I'm only looking at the content, rather, the lack of content you've posted in the game thus far.

Hopefully something "catches your eye" in the pages to come because I still feel like you haven't done anything so far.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
EBWOP:
I don't know why you think that my explanation of my read on him not being strong isn't satisfactory.

It looked really weird the way I phrased it initially lol
If you're having trouble reading someone, or have had difficulty reading them in the past, you should really amend that by trying to gain a better read on them now rather than just waiting for your read on them to form. You haven't really sought out a read on African American, or at least supported one with anything he's said.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Alright, so the case against Boss seems to be:
1) He mentions Squid as scum, but doesn't read him as scum.
2) He accuses JeXs of not having a scum read.
3) He listed African as town in his post, but put him as null in the turst list.

Now, I don't find any of this particualrly convincing.
Squid is listed as "null-scum", adn this can easily be a way of saying "my main read is JeXs, and Squid is my secondary". He simply may have had restraint towards putting them both as scum because he didn't want it to come off like he had solved the game.
African is listed as null earlier in his post, and his town read on AFrican sums up to "wouldn't lynch him today". I can see this being null. Again, this is just a way for him to seperate his stronger town reads from his weaker ones. A similar thing happens to Bruce when Boss says the town read is diminishing.

The push on JeXs is about him not playing the game, similar to what Bruce is doing. I find it likely he's calling out the lack of scum reads more as a lack of reads. COming in and saying "yeah everyone seems to lean town or null" is noncommital.

Right now, I'd probably be inclined to vote one of the players voting for Boss. I still don't like Drez, but I'm not sure if that's because of his aggressive or actually seeming scummy. JeXs would be my "compromise"/backup as of right now.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Basically, I feel the trust list is more of a ranking in tersm of town-scum, and people are trying to read too much into it. This seems like scum trying to blow up something insignificant to get a lynch through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom