Mafia 1 | D2

Bossanova

Inkling
Ran, this is why I don't like arguing with you. You take something that I say and try and attach thousand of other reasons for me saying it like I have some all-encompassing motive to not see Mari like I see squid. It's the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with in my life. Mari and Squid aren't the same people, therefore I don't read their actions the same. You would understand this if you spent more time reading posts instead of questioning them. I predict a town loss if you are at the helm of every lynch, as you fail to miss intricate details in your convoluted search by mundane questioning for that was already substantially answered.

this activity makes me :)

ill be back home within the hour, and once im settled ill probably end up doing a full reread instead of catching up for 4-5 pages. but yea 12 pgs in under 72 hrs is swag

JeXs

Inkling
I still need to follow up on this post. Do you mind giving me an example of some of the perspectives he's given in the game so far? Also,what exactly about his tone do you read as town? I'm just looking for a bit of textual support because I haven't seen you using a lot of that.

My main point in the second paragraph is this: I do not take this game to a personal level, after all, it's a game. I'm looking at the posts and content you posted in the game so far, and I've found that your lack of scumhunting and fluff posting appears fairly scummy, thus I'm scumreading you. I do not make reads based off people's personality, for instance: John doe is being mean to me; he must be scum. That would be a personal read. I'm only looking at the content, rather, the lack of content you've posted in the game thus far.

Hopefully something "catches your eye" in the pages to come because I still feel like you haven't done anything so far.
An example of the perspective he has given would be the one about coco/squid master. As for his tone, it's hard to explain, it's more of a general gut read throughout his posts.
If you're having trouble reading someone, or have had difficulty reading them in the past, you should really amend that by trying to gain a better read on them now rather than just waiting for your read on them to form. You haven't really sought out a read on African American, or at least supported one with anything he's said.
This makes no sense. There are times when you simply have trouble reading, and there's nothing much to do about it. If I could get a better read on anyone at anytime, there would really be no reason for Days beyond Day 1 to exist since I would have every single read sorted out by the end of Day 1.

JeXs

Inkling
I appreciate that you (were) on the same wavelength with me but what was stopping you from voting him in the first place? There was a reason that my town-read diminished on you and it's because I feel you were just sitting around talking conjecture and making posts that looked townie but not actually doing what a townie should and trying to progress the game forward. There was a moment where I felt like there was a ton of talking but not a whole lot being done, which very much confused me.

Talked about this in my recent post. I don't think you're the lynch for today but I'm still not comfortable with town-reading you just yet.

Seemed useless. Didn't understand why he felt the need to say he was town, but I haven't paid it too much mind as I've liked the rest of his play aside from that.

I wanted to wait to affirm my vote and give JeXs time to respond, nothing more to it. You're wrong on me but I don't want to squabble with you as it's always a head-ache. My read on margi was a base read off of initial impression, kind of like the one I'm having on you right now. You're being typical townmaru and I don't think you'll be today's lynch even if I wanted you, so I'm putting you in my back pocket as I don't think it's prudent to get into wall conversations over nothing.

I don't see how this is an excuse. If I may delve into meta you're much more willing to get your feet wet than what you're doing right now which really sets off alarms for me. I feel you're trying to turn your anti-town behavior into a 'just you' behavior that can somehow immediately discredit the fact that you really haven't done a lot, and continue to do so. I won't be so lenient for good reason.

Cutting this short to read the rest of the pages so people don't think I'm not keeping my promises.
I don't know what you're looking at about my meta. Yes, I'm usually much more willing to dive in and push when I see something I find scummy, which I had not at that point. I'm not going to be attacking others for no reason. I'm also not going to disappear completely just because I can't get a scum read; I do like interacting with others.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
@xCoCo: Here is what I want you to do. I want you to try to analyze Bossanova and Marigi. Simple as that. I just want what you think of most of their posts. You seem to be lost, so I'm giving you some direction. Let me know your thoughts. Try your hardest k. Try to give a third read if you have the room, too. I want to see your own thoughts if possible.

@Squid Master: Hey where are you at? I also want you to analyze Boss and Marigi. I don't mind the vote but I actually need a little bit more posting from you.

JeXs

Inkling
Glad you did this, I can make this easier to explain.

1) Read the post again. I thought squid was making scummy actions and my initial thought of said actions that they were scum, but the read waivered as I continued to see their posts, as I pointed out. I backed off as his pleas felt slightly genuine in not knowing who to vote, but his lack of content and activity makes me feel like that perhaps he's smarter than what I take him, and he's using the fact that he's a newcomer to hide behind his lack of town intent. I want to think that even the most noob town have some sort of inkling (lol) as to who or what they suspect, or what they like. Squid hasn't really done any of that and it's been a while since he's shown his face and I very much dislike it. That's the read I was meaning to get to but I didn't have time to post.

2) Yeah, more or less, but not necessarily the whole thing. I'm accusing JeXs for sitting on his thumbs and making pushes that feel like they're gonna go somewhere (e.g the squid push) but just don't. Squid didn't even respond to him from what I remember (?) and I don't know why you'd let someone you suspect get away so easily and not even question them. It makes him look fake.

3) Already covered.

You mentioned in your post that I didn't wanna seem to like I figured the game and you're slightly true, but if the gun were to my head I'd bet the scum were in Squid/Bruce/JeXs, though I'm not saying there are any partner tells or anything like that, they're just who I suspect the most.
I didn't push Squid. Unless me asking him a simple question for clarification on why he did it counts as pushing.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
JexS please tell me you at least see Boss's scummy play. Also talk to me about Mari and her frequent wishy washy wagon hops and hop offs.

JeXs

Inkling
Votecount
Bossanova (4): Squid Master, Drez, Marigi, JeXs
JeXs (1): Bruce Squillis
Squid Master (1): Bossanova

Not Voting (3): xCoco, African American, h.JC

deadline is 11:59pm est june 17. it takes 5 2 lynch w/9 alive
I unvoted.

JeXs

Inkling
I'm sorry it appeared that way. I can't really prove I was already formulating a scum read for you at the time, but I can point to bringing up you name and talking to you with JC. I think I cleared up the last couple points earlier, but I'll say it again. Earlier you mentioned reading A.A.'s tone and perspectives as town. I really want to know what about his town, and what specific perspectives make him appear town to you. So, I can't really buy your read until you support it with something textual, in other words: it's kind of null imo. I'm attacking the read, not you. Your read isn't the best, you're fine.
I have no issue with you wanting to question my read. The problem is that you flat out said I was reading him as null, which was completely false.

JeXs

Inkling
I didn't notice it since you replied to H.jc. I'll get to this.

1. I don't see how his activity and lack of content can show this, this is actually quite the stretch from you and Mari. Still a bad push. Mari is also abusing the fact that she's a newb while backing off too many times. Thoughts on that?
2. I feel the same way about Mari getting off you without really thinking about it, but I don't think you mention this. Dislike that you handslap her a noobtown read without reading her at all. Bruce is looking at her actions more than you are. On Jex, I think he didn't really suspect him?? @JeXs
3. This approach is pretty lazy, and not helpful at all.
Yeah, I never suspected Squid lol. I thought it was a joke right away, I only asked to clarify.

JeXs

Inkling
JexS please tell me you at least see Boss's scummy play. Also talk to me about Mari and her frequent wishy washy wagon hops and hop offs.
I've been skimming through Mari's posts for the most part. I feel like he's sheeping and I have him as null. There are definitely odd interactions with Boss that I would like back on a Boss scum flip.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Geez. Drez is back on the radar after #466. I get that it could be a townie trying to help newer players, but I associate "hey look at these specific players" with scum trying to direct and lead the town. I think the version that would speak town to me is "pick any one/two player(s), and try analyzing their posts". This gives the same direction, but doesn't specify. This specific circumstance does make sense, though, and I can see it trying to be helpful town. Could I get a second opinion from someone?

JeXs

Inkling
He's asking to focus on those 2 players as they are his scum reads.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
In that way, it could be that he's hoping for them to share his scum reads. By saying "analyze these two players", he hopes to limit the options to those two. I guess that works in a town sense trying to get their scum reads lynched, but it seems underhanded.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I see what you mean. I wanted her to focus on my scum reads, and one of her own. Same as asking them on input on my scumreads, but since she is lost, I'd rather her look a bit harder to help her get a start. Same with Squid, who isn't as involved.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
I would like to see more out of Coco and Squid, so I'll drop this for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom