Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Btw, if you're still in doubt, go about it this way: Who can I be scum with? I would hope that Boo is ruled out now.
I stated in my previous post--though I'll admit things are a bit hectic right now--that I think either you or Bool are mafia. Seeing as I put Bool in my town reads, I put you in my scum reads. That puts Aykorn, xCoco and Drez as your other viable partners.

That said, I think that Drez is the most likely because of my aforementioned reasons--I'd believe this whole thing between you is a complex ruse. You're both experienced enough.

Good job Boo I think you threw your town ness out of the window with that post.
Why do you say this? I think he's town but inexperienced. I believe you're responding to either his claim at this game's setup (which AA has confirmed) or the fact that he thinks you're mafia. I don't think you are sure mafia, in fact, you're in my null-town reads. The only thing I know for certain is that Bool is not lying. I'm convinced now.

That said, I feel Drez is smart enough to avoid detection this long.

He would have know better to have his mafia allies to do the second kill in the case of a roleblock. So that very unlikely that drez is scum for me ; even more with how much he helped town.
This is a good point and might break down my argument. If mafia chooses the person who kills each night, then the assumption that "Drez being jailed stops kills" becomes slightly less likely. What does everyone think?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
This being an open setup changes things. Will say more later, in class.

AA. Permission to extend the deadline for 24 hours? I will be gone most of tomorrow due to medical reasons and I don't know what time I will be back.
due to the fact that information was miscommunicated, and this game had two freakin modkills, ill go ahead and extend the deadline to september 3rd at 11:59 PM EST, and it will reflect so in the title and (whenever i get around to posting a) votecount.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Seeing that it's likely there may be one power role in town, Boo may be telling the truth. Out of those two, I'd still think Thingy is the most likely suspect. Then afterwards I would look at Coco, due to her being flippant with Boo only when Boo was accusing her. That's my thoughts on that, and I'll get to any things you addressed to me.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Before I get to them, Boolerex, what happened to your suspicion of Thingy?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Reed:

Point 1: Other than night actions, are there anything else that points to me being scum? Does it seem like I'm trying to find scum or mislead the town? You have to think about that.

Point 2: With the mod stating this is an open game, this changes my perspective. Considering this may have been a town boo, it's possible he really tried to protect me twice and mafia tried to shoot twice. That's the only other possibility.

Point 3: Alright.

Point 4: Right, but do you have reasoning to show that Thingy is being townie? What has his actions shown? In a situation like this, it would be best to go towards the most likely scum. Looking at wifomy actions only leads to failure (most of the time). No. There is no other. You have to choose with the information you have in thread and from night actions.

I think we need to think if it's possible in a all vanilla setup, that the scum were able to know it was all vanilla and took advantage of this. Otherwise I will think of Boo as likely town.

There's nothing else I can do. Just keep in mind this will be what costs us the game.

---

I don't believe Thingy really was trying to push Boo to post. It's pretty obvious. I was the one who pushed Boo first and THEN that's when Thingy posted. ALSO consider thingy had plenty of silence in between, and in the order of claims. Seriously.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Now I am late to class. I will respond later tonight. I suggest you take a hard re-read of the game before you carry on, Reed.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Will do tonight. Thank you. Sorry I made you late for class. >_>

I honestly want to believe you're town so I'll look for evidence that supports that theory and also evidence that goes against it. I'll look for the others too, but I'll be focusing on you mostly--excuse me for bias but it's important to me that I get this theory to rest. The hardest thing is that you're not straight up denying it because you can't.

I have to pit my instinct based on the entire game against the logic that the night actives are presenting me. On one hand is my gut feeling which I like to trust and the other is my logical conclusions on probability which I usually trust as well--usually the two tend to coincide.

Another hard thing to swallow is this: under the assumption that experienced mafia wouldn't aim for the same person twice in the night why would Thingy aim for you twice--he is the most likely scum right after you. Even if he's busy, he'd still not make newbie mistakes in the case that you're a bulletproof. Unless neither of you are scum and Aykorn or xCoco is...

But that sets things in an either/or situation

Bool is clear as far as I see...

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
To clarify the either/or because it's really implied:

Either Drez isn't mafia and Thingy isn't mafia OR Drez is mafia and Thingy is mafia. But only under the logic. I'm going to try to take apart my logic tonight... I'm running out of time.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Before I get to them, Boolerex, what happened to your suspicion of Thingy?
Like I said ; This more because of his freakout in day 2 and today that actually bought up some argument for why he's townie as well as like Reed said ; that he would have know better to not aim for the same guy twice.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Reed, thoughts on Boolerex's response and how it aligns with your read on Thingy?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Aykorn, need more of your input. Most important during these times that you try to state what you think.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
The more I look at it the more clear Boo gets to me.

We either have:

Town Jail Keeper, vanilla townies, and mafia goons or
Town Jail Keeper, Mafia Roleblocker, and 1-shot bulletproof townie.

Since people claimed mostly vanilla townie, that means it WOULD be either vts, cop, and mafia goons or the the row with Town Jail Keeper, vanilla townies, and mafia goons.

This confirms that mafia couldn't have fake claimed because the rest of the roles (in mass claim) could show the contrary.

---

hmm

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
the only weird thing is would aykorn be smart enough to frame the two townies that were blown up?
This is interesting to note if Coco flips scum.

Aykorn really need who you think is scum. I want a vote from you toDay.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Reed, thoughts on Boolerex's response and how it aligns with your read on Thingy?
Like I said ; This more because of his freakout in day 2 and today that actually bought up some argument for why he's townie as well as like Reed said ; that he would have know better to not aim for the same guy twice.
I agree if Thingy were scum he wouldn't aim for the same person twice. I believe it's possible that you two are a scum team which would clarify my feelings and my logical conclusion.

I'm going to read over this thread once more. I'm going to take some time--I'm feeling a little down considering my girlfriend and I just broke up, if amicably--but I'll try to be thorough.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I want you to consider this: Why is not Boo suspecting me as you are? I think you should look into his thoughts as we now know he is most likely clear. I am actually re-evaluating my read on Thingy. I want you to look harder at Aykorn and Coco for me when you can.

Also sorry to hear that, I know how that feels. Nothing you can do but move on and be a better man. Maybe Aykorn eh? :p (just kidding)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom