• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mafia. It's a Game | NIGHT 3 BEGINS

bbninjas

Inkling
Hooray, people are talking! I do think that there is a big difference between forum and real life mafia. In forums, you have the time to think about other's people's posts and you have the history. In real life mafia, you have the body language, which I know has been the main tell in any games I have played. On forums, it's more people not trying to look for mafia, contradicting themselves and perhaps some of the bigger things, looking at the vote history and who stands up for who.

bbninjas

Inkling
Anyways, I'm finding it interesting that AO is being like "go ahead and lynch me, I'm not important". Mafia (especially new players) generally don't like to suggest this, since as Mafia, it is very important to them to stay alive. Because of this, I'm thinking that AO is townier.

However, @VeryButter mentioned that @RamenNoodles is suspicious. Care to give a reason on why?

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@bbninjas Oh, that's just me analysing people's messages and behaviour. Generally, for me, short and quick messages, and random suggestions, along with ignoring others when asked about it, is suspicious to me, but I've never played forum mafia, so what do I know? :P

Really, I could just be spouting nonsense with no logic behind it without realising. Your choice. c:

bbninjas

Inkling
@bbninjas Oh, that's just me analysing people's messages and behaviour. Generally, for me, short and quick messages, and random suggestions, along with ignoring others when asked about it, is suspicious to me, but I've never played forum mafia, so what do I know? :p

Really, I could just be spouting nonsense with no logic behind it without realising. Your choice. c:
Nah, there's definitely logic there. unvote: AO vote: Ramen

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Just putting this out there for you guys, when you unvote you do not have to put the name of the person you're unvoting, simply say "Unvote"

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

1 Votes on AOS, (SyMag)

1 Vote on bbninjas, (AOS)

3 Votes on Ramen Noodles, (VeryButter, bbninjas, aviatsvi)

Friendly reminder that the deadline is in 4 days (I don't know the exact time, but know it'll end sometime on the 25th PT

bbninjas

Inkling
Why are you guys voting me? You have no evidence against me.
Actually Ramen, Butter gave reasons right here:

@bbninjas Oh, that's just me analysing people's messages and behaviour. Generally, for me, short and quick messages, and random suggestions, along with ignoring others when asked about it, is suspicious to me, but I've never played forum mafia, so what do I know? :p
If you don't understand why yet, here's the extracted reasons:
- Short and content-less posts
- Ignoring others when asked

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Apparently I haven't been getting notifications. Sorry for the radio silence! I read the past couple votes though, and VeryButter's notes made sense, so:

Unvote: AOS; Vote: RamenNoodles

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
A decision has been reached, and RamenNoodles will be lynched. Night 2 begins now, but I'm gonna be at a camp with no access to the internet until Saturday PT so this Night Phase will last a bit longer than normal. Sorry for the inconvinience. It'll be the same as a normal one, it'll just last longer.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
A decision has been reached, and RamenNoodles will be lynched. Night 2 begins now, but I'm gonna be at a camp with no access to the internet until Saturday PT so this Night Phase will last a bit longer than normal. Sorry for the inconvinience. It'll be the same as a normal one, it'll just last longer.
What was Ramen's role?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Day 3 begins...

RamenNoodles has been lynched. RamenNoodles is revealed as... Mafia Goon

The mafia attempted to kill aviatsvi during the night, but aviatsvi was under the protection of the town doctor.

Continue on.

bbninjas

Inkling
Sorry I wasn't around early - only just found some time to sit down and make my analysis.

Vote Count for Day1
Symag: 2 votes (IoCal, AlphaOmegaSplatter)
Squid Master: 2 votes (Trieste Sp, SyMag)
RamenNoodles: 1 vote (bayleef)
Not voting: Ramen, VeryButter, aviatsvi, symag, <my replacement>

Vote Count for Day2
5 Votes on Ramen Noodles, (VeryButter, bbninjas, aviatsvi, AOS, symag)
Not voting: bayleef, Trieste Sp

So above is how the votes have been looking like. Since we know that Ramen is mafia, we can have a look at this vote counts to see who are likely town and who are likely scum. I think that the players that voted for Ramen will be less suspicious. It should be noted that mafia often will vote their mafia buddies if they will definitely be lynched, so they can look like town. Because of this, I think the the earlier a player votes, the less scummy they are.

So, I think that VeryButter is very likely town, because they pushed for the lynch on Ramen first (great job, btw!!). I also think Bayleef is very likely town, because they were the first player to vote, and they voted Ramen. I know I am town and I am being the driving force in this game, so I think I'm town. :p We then know that aviatsvi is definitely town from his role and being the nightkill last night.

That leaves AOS, symag and Triest Sp as suspicious players. I still don't think AOS is scum from saying "I'm not important, lynch me" before. Therefore, I think either Symag or Triest Sp are mafia. Here's the most suspicious points for each:

Triest Sp:
- Wasn't helping the confused newbies play the game... a pro-mafia act (Could be because of inactivity)
- Has been inactive/lurking. Lurking is generally good for mafia because you tend to sly by a few days while people focus on the active players. I would appreciate the host poking Triest to post, since i don't think he did at all last game.
- Voted for Squidmaster over Ramen for "no reason". Did he vote for Squidmaster because Ramen was his scumbuddy?
- By process of elimination, very likely scum

Symag:
- Put Squid Master in the lead, meaning Ramen wasn't getting lynched at that point. Could this be because Ramen is his scumbuddy?
- Very lately voted for the Ramen lynch. This could be mafia trying to look inno by voting for his scumbuddy, who was very likely getting lynched
- "Not having any leads" through much of Day 2 despite there being many leads.
- Celebrating that we lynched mafia + doctored the nk, yet doesn't post anything of substance. There is lots to talk about now.
- By process of elimination, very likely scum

I'm not too sure who is mafia and who is town yet. I'm leaning slightly to Triest atm because Symag has been sorta helpful (I guess) and Triest hasn't at all. aviatsvi did track Symag who didn't do anything during Night 1, which makes it less likely (sorta) that he is mafia. I'm going to vote: Triest for the moment.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
All I'm gonna do is repeat one of my first posts by saying that I'm a townie. You can hold me to that. I didn't "post anything of substance" because, as a townie, I have nothing of substance to offer up to the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom