• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Oh boy, two Kraken weapons on the same day.

No Neo Luna, so I'm a little dismayed. But such things can't be helped.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh boy, two Kraken weapons on the same day.

No Neo Luna, so I'm a little dismayed. But such things can't be helped.
And there's still 3 more Kraken weapons to go! I kinda miss the good old days when it was just the Krak-On Roller and Custom Jet Squelcher. :L

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
still... no hydra x.x
oh well I can still make do with the other two

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Tomorrow I predict Rapid Blaster Pro and Custom E-Liter 3K Scope.

Also please update the list for the Tri-Slosher and Carbon Roller Deco?
Welp you were fight about the Custom E-Liter (took them long enough to release that), and the Custom Ranged Blaster has a pretty nice kit as well.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Happybear also got right that there'd be two weapons. Prophet confirmed!

Well, I'm confident next week will be a Splatling type weapon no doubt! I'm again gonna say the Heavy as the Slosher equivalent to the Hydra isn't finished on disc yet (and because it would mean the Slosher Deco is next hehe), but who knows the 3.0 update is bound to happen soon.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Happybear also got right that there'd be two weapons. Prophet confirmed!

Well, I'm confident next week will be a Splatling type weapon no doubt! I'm again gonna say the Heavy as the Slosher equivalent to the Hydra isn't finished on disc yet (and because it would mean the Slosher Deco is next hehe), but who knows the 3.0 update is bound to happen soon.
I can see the future.

Also next week I'd probably guess eiter both the Heavy Splattling Deco and Slosher Deco, or one of them with the Neo Sploosh-o-Matic.

This list desperately needs an update. Tonight we'll need to remove Tri-Slosher, Carbon Roller Deco, and the two upcoming weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So 15 weapons left, and if they continue releasing 1 per week, then we'll have them all by January 8th. Erm, yeah, that's far too long, I want my Slosher Deco now! Well atleast this gives me time to prepare my combos for it as they do involve shinys and pures.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
So 15 weapons left, and if they continue releasing 1 per week, then we'll have them all by January 8th. Erm, yeah, that's far too long, I want my Slosher Deco now! Well atleast this gives me time to prepare my combos for it as they do involve shinys and pures.
Well hope that they will release two weapons this week just like how they did last Friday. :p

I still can't wait to get my hands on that Neo Luna!

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Jan 8th sounds about right from a marketing and game longevity standpoint. That's around when super casual players who got Wii Us for Christmas might start losing interest, at which point Nintendo could start releasing updates that aren't locked away in the game data to boost interest again.

The question is whether such a strategy will be able to retain older players until then. I'm personally losing interest with the way the meta is heading (or has reached, you could argue), but more power to the people who enjoy Wall City.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Jan 8th sounds about right from a marketing and game longevity standpoint. That's around when super casual players who got Wii Us for Christmas might start losing interest, at which point Nintendo could start releasing updates that aren't locked away in the game data to boost interest again.

The question is whether such a strategy will be able to retain older players until then. I'm personally losing interest with the way the meta is heading (or has reached, you could argue), but more power to the people who enjoy Wall City.
Hey, I'll be very surprised if the Splash Wall isn't nerfed in the latest update. At least give it less health or less knockback.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Hey, I'll be very surprised if the Splash Wall isn't nerfed in the latest update. At least give it less health or less knockback.
I hope so.

My biggest issue with it is that you can give yourself nigh-invulnerability just by standing in the middle of it, even if your face is sticking out of the wall. I'm sure that wasn't intentional (I'm curious to see what kinds of playtesters Nintendo got during development, because I'm sure they would have caught janky details like this if they had pulled players from comp CoD playerbases, of which Japan seems to have several). A lot of JP players now bounce Splash Walls against solid walls and hang out in the tiny gap it creates; for most weapons, your only option is to run away. Not particularly fun to fight against when you've flanked said Gal or were outplaying them in the 1v1, only to have a wall shoved in your face.

Then again, Memories and several other JP teams demonstrated their ability to overcome SWs in Inkstorm this past weekend. And at the same time, they were also quite adept at filling the map with walls. Hrmm.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Wouldn't a slosher or certain subs be able to overcome a wall? Or is their health that high?

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Wouldn't a slosher or certain subs be able to overcome a wall? Or is their health that high?
What HappyBear said. Their duration is also ridiculous, and they tend to just straight up absorb Blaster/Slosher shots on their own.

You can, however, chuck a bomb at the wall, and the splash will 'bounce' off it because bombs immediately detonate upon hitting a splash wall. Snagging greedy Gals with a well-placed bomb on top of their Wall is smugly satisfying, but not always reliable.

~

Anyway, I'm predicting the Rapid Blaster Pro or the Hydra next. And then perhaps Neo Luna and either Neo Sploosh or Slosher Deco with the big update.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
What HappyBear said. Their duration is also ridiculous, and they tend to just straight up absorb Blaster/Slosher shots on their own.

You can, however, chuck a bomb at the wall, and the splash will 'bounce' off it because bombs immediately detonate upon hitting a splash wall. Snagging greedy Gals with a well-placed bomb on top of their Wall is smugly satisfying, but not always reliable.

~

Anyway, I'm predicting the Rapid Blaster Pro or the Hydra next. And then perhaps Neo Luna and either Neo Sploosh or Slosher Deco with the big update.
Pleaaaseeee rapid blaster pro. I don't even think it'll be good I just need more rapid blaster in my life. Hopefully they'll include some kind of unique mechanic, kinda like how the bamboozler's uncharged shots shoot as far as fully charged ones. Maybe if the projectile is lightning fast so you can get easy direct hits?

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801

~

It'll be nerfed, in Nintendo has any sense. And they nerfed the Kraken when it needed it, so I think they'll do the same here. What I'm most concerned with is if they'll buff Ink Saver Sub and Special Duration Up.

I don't think Hydra Splattling will come before Heavy Splattling Deco, just because the Hydra will be so hard to get used to. Same with the heavy hitting Slosher that we still don't know the name of; the Slosher Deco will come first.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Lordy I can't wait for that harder hitting slosher. I'm hoping it'll be like the Luna is to blasters; fast hard hits with a short range.

As for the walls, I understand. All this time I assumed they had the health of an Inkling, but I've never had a shoot-out with one without an Inkling behind it!

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Lordy I can't wait for that harder hitting slosher. I'm hoping it'll be like the Luna is to blasters; fast hard hits with a short range.

As for the walls, I understand. All this time I assumed they had the health of an Inkling, but I've never had a shoot-out with one without an Inkling behind it!
The range isn't that short. In fact, as far as the 1-hit KO range goes, it has more than the normal Slosher, because the Slosher hits very weak when farther away. However, the heavy-hitting Slosher can probably 1-Hit KO all-around, giving it much more kill range. Of course, it'll probably throw its ink load at least as slow as a Dynamo Roller can swing, if not slower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom