• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
I was honestly starting to think we wouldn't get anything this week.

At the very least, this specific loadout is the one I've been most anticipating since they were all leaked.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
The original Mini Splatling's problem has always been that its kit is the same as that of the Tentatek, causing it to be severely overshadowed. Now that it finally can fill a unique niche, I expect great things from it.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
What basically amounts to a splattershot with more range is getting disruptor and bubbler.
This gon' be good
me_gusta_by_rober_raik-d4clrpu.png

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
The original Mini Splatling's problem has always been that its kit is the same as that of the Tentatek, causing it to be severely overshadowed. Now that it finally can fill a unique niche, I expect great things from it.
I've seen MSts outplay TSSs with their range, but most people don't use it because "chaerging is 2 herd 4 mii". Although, I hope people don't just take the Tri-Slosher, which has the same loadout, over this weapon because "how do I aem wit a waepon xddd"

Also still waiting for Octobrush Nouveau.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Also still waiting for Octobrush Nouveau.
I honestly thought the nouveau would come before the zinc o_O. Unless we're getting a new map next week, we're definitely getting the nouveau. It's so long overdue it's not even funny.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I've seen MSts outplay TSSs with their range, but most people don't use it because "chaerging is 2 herd 4 mii". Although, I hope people don't just take the Tri-Slosher, which has the same loadout, over this weapon because "how do I aem wit a waepon xddd"
Yea in my experience with the Mini Splatlig the extra range really gave me the edge against most shorter ranged weapons, including the Tentatek. Also the fact that I can build up Inkzookas much more faster then them helped out a lot as well.

I doubt that people will consider the Tri-Slosher to be overall "better" then the Zink Mini, since the Zink Mini actually has good range compared to the Tri-Slosher. I feel that both weapons will have there own niche in curtain gamemodes (like Tri-Slosher for TC and Zink Mini Splatling for SZ for example).

I honestly thought the nouveau would come before the zinc o_O. Unless we're getting a new map next week, we're definitely getting the nouveau. It's so long overdue it's not even funny.
I thought the same thing when I saw that the ZInk Mini Splatling was going to get released first, I wasn't expecting the Zink MIni to come out until much later (sometime next year).

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
I'm stoked for Octobrush Nouveau and Rapid Blaster Pro Deco (that name tho). The regular Octobrush is my most used weapon and l can't wait to see how it feels to finally be able to fight at long range. lt's probably going to be a very strong weapon although l think the Carbon will still outshine it thanks to Burst Bombs.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'm stoked for Octobrush Nouveau and Rapid Blaster Pro Deco (that name tho). The regular Octobrush is my most used weapon and l can't wait to see how it feels to finally be able to fight at long range. lt's probably going to be a very strong weapon although l think the Carbon will still outshine it thanks to Burst Bombs.
Hey, at least Rapid Blaster Pro Deco has less syllables than Custom E-Liter 3K Scope.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
so Hyped for this weapon, I love disruptors but none of the current weapons with it feel good to me (not good in general, I mean good as in I don't like the feel of them). also excited for the Rapid blaster pro deco, because the feel of the rbpd is amazing, but I don't like seekers much.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
The problem is that the Mini Splatling doesn't have enough of a range advantage to give it a truly unique niche on its own. Its capabilities are still very similar to those of the Tentatek, and when you weigh that little bit of extra range against all the inconveniences caused by having to charge up, it makes it hard to justify picking the Mini Splatling over the Tentatek. Wanna swim for a moment to change positions during a firefight? You have to charge up again. Wanna keep up a barrage for an extended period of time? Sorry, but you'll have to stop to charge up again. Wanna suddenly pop up over a ledge and surprise an enemy up there? Too bad, charging time.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
The problem is that the Mini Splatling doesn't have enough of a range advantage to give it a truly unique niche on its own. Its capabilities are still very similar to those of the Tentatek, and when you weigh that little bit of extra range against all the inconveniences caused by having to charge up, it makes it hard to justify picking the Mini Splatling over the Tentatek. Wanna swim for a moment to change positions during a firefight? You have to charge up again. Wanna keep up a barrage for an extended period of time? Sorry, but you'll have to stop to charge up again. Wanna suddenly pop up over a ledge and surprise an enemy up there? Too bad, charging time.
That's why you gotta git gud with charges m8. Sure it isn't easy. But not every weapon is easy-bake, as I always say. Range has its benefits (hey E-Liter user here so I should know) even though the Zink may pronounce them less.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
That's why you gotta git gud with charges m8. Sure it isn't easy. But not every weapon is easy-bake, as I always say. Range has its benefits (hey E-Liter user here so I should know) even though the Zink may pronounce them less.
I don't know how seriously I should take a defense of the weapon that simply amounts to saying "git gud"...

Nevertheless, all those top competitive players who routinely leave the Mini Splatling out of their team composition (that is, almost all of them) are more than good enough to work around the charge time. They still prefer the Tentatek, though, and it's not just because they're closed-minded; it's because putting up with the Mini Splatling's eccentricities in exchange for only slightly more range is a genuinely unattractive tradeoff.

Rael

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rael303
The thing is that Tentatek is obviously a better choice over vanilla Mini Splatling, but with the Zinc one it may be different: it's a set it shares only with Tri Slosher if I'm not mistaking, which is a different type of weapon and a great support one imo. Having a decent ranged shooter with disruptors and bubbler may be the chance for Mini Splatling to rise in the usage tiers. Actually bubbler greatly helps with charging time (even if it's almost non existent on this weapon, unless you want a full charge which is not optimal during direct fights anyway) and disruptors make opponents less likely to avoid shots (a weakness of splatlings, as they force you to charge again and strike during that moment). It's a very good and all around set for a splatling type weapon in my opinion.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yeah, the loadout for the Zink is much better suited for a Mini Splatling than Suction Bombs and Inkzooka even though Inkzookas help with the range game. There's still that chance that players can dodge and retaliate against Splatlings if they know they're there, but the Disruptor helps minimize the former by making them play your game while the Bubble takes care of the latter. And I've got to say that Bomb Range Up works wonders on this thing--I can just chuck a Disruptor from far away and then rush in to finish off the poor sap and/or steal his turf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom