• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Kart 8 Social Thread

Flight

Pro Squid
Well, first off, cool thread.
I haven't played MK8 online yet, nor do I have both DLC packs, sadly. I did test 200cc weeks ago, and while it isn't bad at all, I definitely prefer playing 150cc or lower. It just seems more natural. That's what I think.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Working on generating interest for a weekly tournament. I have one setup for Sunday nights at 9pm central called the SquidBoards 200. It lasts an hour and is 12 races. You should have no trouble completing 12 in that time frame especially at the 200cc speed. Hope to see anyone that is interested for the next one. Thank you!!

dcooper

Senior Squid
NNID
victoriafan15
I actually enjoy the second dlc pack and characters. I'm glad they added baby park back I haven't play that track in a long time.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I've gotten a lot better with 200cc. Now a have a perfect cart build for the mode. I honestly feel like some of the tracks are not made with 200cc in mind.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I'd bet strong money they weren't. Nintendo doesn't plan DLC out for their games from word go except in extenuating circumstances (like the Smash Bros. DLC and Splatoon, where it's less 'it's not ready', and more 'If we don't ship on time we're dead.') so their DLC tends to both take a while and have one or two issues.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
*cough* Dragon Driftway *cough*

200cc to me is ultra fun and its cool to see the diversity in character usage, but if only the competitive community gave it a chance
I assumed they did give it a chance. Is this not the case ?

dcooper

Senior Squid
NNID
victoriafan15
I've gotten a lot better with 200cc. Now a have a perfect cart build for the mode. I honestly feel like some of the tracks are not made with 200cc in mind.
I think I mite need a lot more practice it kind of to fast for me right now.

shrooby

Get Kraken
200cc + Blue Falcon + Mii dressed up as Captain Falcon + Mute City/Big Blue = closest thing to F-Zero we'll get

Outside of that I kinda prefer 150cc. 200cc is still pretty fun tho'

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I'm fine with either speed. I really wish that there weren't a bunch of 150cc elitist that shun 200cc despite not giving it a chance. It would have been competitively viable if people would give it a decent chance. Being able to catch up is a thing, unless you don't know how to control the speed yet. In 150cc, there is no such thing as a good comeback. That's from my experience, at least.

Disliking it is fine, but people who complain about it when they have barely experienced it get on my nerves.

I still have yet to practice 200cc extensively because I'm normally busy doing other things that I prioritize over Mario Kart 8.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
200cc isn't fun to me. And yes, I experienced it, but 150cc is where its at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom