• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Kart 8 Social Thread

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I think Villager fits into the world better than Samus or Pit would, but Kirby is a no brainer. I would love to see Kirby represented with a track at the very least.

Yuki

Inkling
NNID
pandayuki
I think Villager fits into the world better than Samus or Pit would, but Kirby is a no brainer. I would love to see Kirby represented with a track at the very least.
If you're talking about art style, I would argue that Link doesn't really fit in any better than those two, but he still got in. I do see what you're saying, but I feel Samus and Fox are much more iconic.( And Pit's just an unlikely wish that I don't actually expect). On another note, Pikachu would fit in perfectly and is iconic.

Last edited:

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I agree that Link doesn't suit the game's aesthetic at all, but he's definitely the most popular Nintendo character next to Mario. I honestly wouldn't really want Pikachu in the game because I think it'd look too silly, but I do want Kirby in the game and he'd look just as silly as Pikachu. I'm really not sure which series Nintendo would represent next in MK8. I think a lot of them have a really good shot at appearing in the game. Maybe not with a character rep, but tracks are definitely possible and it's probably a lot easier to design tracks that fit in with the game.

Yuki

Inkling
NNID
pandayuki
I agree that Link doesn't suit the game's aesthetic at all, but he's definitely the most popular Nintendo character next to Mario. I honestly wouldn't really want Pikachu in the game because I think it'd look too silly, but I do want Kirby in the game and he'd look just as silly as Pikachu. I'm really not sure which series Nintendo would represent next in MK8. I think a lot of them have a really good shot at appearing in the game. Maybe not with a character rep, but tracks are definitely possible and it's probably a lot easier to design tracks that fit in with the game.
Are you trying to tell me that Isabelle looks any less silly than Pikachu. Also, if Link can get in from popularity than Pika and Kirby should as well, since they're at least as popular as villager.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Are you trying to tell me that Isabelle looks any less silly than Pikachu. Also, if Link can get in from popularity than Pika and Kirby should as well, since they're at least as popular as villager.
Haha, I actually forgot she was in the game. For some reason I was thinking it was just Link and Villager. She definitely looks silly, though I think the kicker for me is that Pikachu seems to have feet attached to his body without any legs, much like Kirby. I do agree they're at least as popular, and I'm sure a Pokémon pack with Pikachu would be just as successful as the first two packs.

Yuki

Inkling
NNID
pandayuki
Haha, I actually forgot she was in the game. For some reason I was thinking it was just Link and Villager. She definitely looks silly, though I think the kicker for me is that Pikachu seems to have feet attached to his body without any legs, much like Kirby. I do agree they're at least as popular, and I'm sure a Pokémon pack with Pikachu would be just as successful as the first two packs.
I actually didn't think about the legs thing. Knowing Nintendo they'd probably figure something out, or just throw logic out the window and have the vehicals move on their own without hitting the peddles.( Because it's video game, so you can do that) Maybe they could throw in a squirtle or something to be on peddle duty.( that's something I'd pay to see. Especially on a bike.)

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I actually didn't think about the legs thing. Knowing Nintendo they'd probably figure something out, or just throw logic out the window and have the vehicals move on their own without hitting the peddles.( Because it's video game, so you can do that) Maybe they could throw in a squirtle or something to be on peddle duty.( that's something I'd pay to see)
No doubt they'll figure something out. The twisted part of me wants to see Pikachu develop legs for an appearance in MK8. :scared: Pikachu might look a little more creepy than cute if that happens though. Maybe they should just make the vehicle drive itself with Pikachu on it.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
MK8 feels dead when I play it online. Most of the time my rooms are like me vs 1-2 other people :(

Maybe they don't like me. I could only dream they make a spin off that focuses on bikes. :3 bikes were by far my favorite thing of MKW
I love the Mach Bike.

o.O I wish the dlc Didn't have wasted characters, like Kat Peach and Dry Bowser. I feel like Gold Peach, Metal mario could of just been alternate skins. The Koopalings are ok but I hope they bring Back characters like Boo, Petey Pirahna. Hopefully in the future we might get other characters like Cackletta, Princess Shokora (from wario land) Perhaps people from paper mario, mario rpg offers some good ones <.< King K Rool. :3 He's my fav baddy.

Wish they'd redo diddy kong racing. I want to play as Krusha

Setu

MK8 feels dead when I play it online. Most of the time my rooms are like me vs 1-2 other people :(

Maybe they don't like me. I could only dream they make a spin off that focuses on bikes. :3 bikes were by far my favorite thing of MKW
I love the Mach Bike.

o_O I wish the dlc Didn't have wasted characters, like Kat Peach and Dry Bowser. I feel like Gold Peach, Metal mario could of just been alternate skins. The Koopalings are ok but I hope they bring Back characters like Boo, Petey Pirahna. Hopefully in the future we might get other characters like Cackletta, Princess Shokora (from wario land) Perhaps people from paper mario, mario rpg offers some good ones <.< King K Rool. :3 He's my fav baddy.

Wish they'd redo diddy kong racing. I want to play as Krusha
Are they 200cc rooms? I think those are more popular rn

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
well there is a DS Remake
I don't want a handheld. I want a console version. I wouldn't complain if Diddy kong racing and Mario Kart merged either, It'd make for richer tracks.

xD heck smash bros turns into mario kart with that logic of mine lolz. :3 sounds kinda fun tbh.

But seriously, I just want a console version.

Are they 200cc rooms? I think those are more popular rn
I think I will have to try, I didn't see it as an option when I tried 200cc yesterday. I probably overlooked it since I wasn't looking for it or I got unlucky by being stuck with the original cc's

Aracily

Inkster Jr.
Ah 200cc is really frustrating x.x trying to learn shortcuts and stuff :p

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Practiced some more 200cc the other day, you can get some really insane shortcuts with the new speed. But, it's frustratingly hard to control at times.

rue

Inkster Jr.
dlc2 was better than dlc1 but i still prefer mkw competitively, unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep me playing the game actively

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I prefer DLC Pack 2 much more than DLC Pack 1. The tracks were much better in my opinion. As for 200cc, I think it's all right. I haven't played a whole lot of it yet, but from what I have played of it, it's pretty fun. Still have to get used to taking turns tighter and whatnot, but that just takes time.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975

Oh yes, Kirby Pack, please.

- Kirby and Dedede playable
- The Great Cave Offensive as a track (it looks so pretty in smash)
- Warp Star and a mini Halberd as new 'karts'
- Some veteran MK character not present in MK8, like Bowser Jr. maybe?

Not sure about pack 4. Star Fox themed perhaps? Or Metroid? Or... Splatoon?
Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom