• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Kart 8 Social Thread

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
:scared: I really want to see some Kirby's Air Ride stuff in future DLC! I was a bit disappointed this pack didn't have a Kirby track in it
Oh yes, Kirby Pack, please.

- Kirby and Dedede playable
- The Great Cave Offensive as a track (it looks so pretty in smash)
- Warp Star and a mini Halberd as new 'karts'
- Some veteran MK character not present in MK8, like Bowser Jr. maybe?

Not sure about pack 4. Star Fox themed perhaps? Or Metroid? Or... Splatoon?
If it's ever going to be more packs. a Kirby pack seems very likely. I'll never get over that Smash trailer that teased Kirby in MK8, so they better include him now. :c Warp Star seems like a given choice, but i would also want Dragoon to get in there too.

As for veteran characters... any character that isn't a clone. (King Boo, Petey Piranha, Birdo, etc)

The SG

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SG9000
Warp Star seems like a given choice, but i would also want Dragoon to get in there too.
Personally, I think the Warp Star would likely be wheels if it happened (not that I'm complaining, but wheels and gliders would ruin the Warp Star, IMO)

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
Personally, I think the Warp Star would likely be wheels if it happened (not that I'm complaining, but wheels and gliders would ruin the Warp Star, IMO)
I've been thinking about that... i mean, it's not impossible that the Star could've set stats without the ability to pick glider and tires. It seems within the realm of possibilities and if not they could always pick something like Wheelie.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If it's ever going to be more packs. a Kirby pack seems very likely. I'll never get over that Smash trailer that teased Kirby in MK8, so they better include him now. :c Warp Star seems like a given choice, but i would also want Dragoon to get in there too.

As for veteran characters... any character that isn't a clone. (King Boo, Petey Piranha, Birdo, etc)
How do you define a clone character in Mario Kart? Stats?

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I would imagine Jonke was referring to the characters in Mario Kart that are essentially the same character, just in a different outfit or something. I think that's what Jonke means. Mario, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, and Tanooki Mario, as well as Peach, Baby Peach, Pink Gold Peach, and Cat Peach would be some examples, I assume.

I mean, I don't necessarily care about them. I love Dry Bones and Koopa Paratroopa, so I guess I can't really complain, it's just a little sad to me that we have four versions of Mario and Peach and not some characters that got cut! :P

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
Color swaps, or simply the same character in a different coat. I personally don't mind them but would much prefer King Boo, Birdo, etc over Tanooki Mario, Pink Gold Peach. If they add Pink Gold Baby Peach, i don't know what i would say. :T

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
I would imagine Jonke was referring to the characters in Mario Kart that are essentially the same character, just in a different outfit or something. I think that's what Jonke means. Mario, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, and Tanooki Mario, as well as Peach, Baby Peach, Pink Gold Peach, and Cat Peach would be some examples, I assume.

I mean, I don't necessarily care about them. I love Dry Bones and Koopa Paratroopa, so I guess I can't really complain, it's just a little sad to me that we have four versions of Mario and Peach and not some characters that got cut! :p
Thanks. I worded that poorly. Too much Smash involvement i guess. ^^

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Color swaps, or simply the same character in a different coat. I personally don't mind them but would much prefer King Boo, Birdo, etc over Tanooki Mario, Pink Gold Peach. If they add Pink Gold Baby Peach, i don't know what i would say. :T
Is this is how, then the whole roster is filled with clones :D

I mean, I don't necessarily care about them. I love Dry Bones and Koopa Paratroopa, so I guess I can't really complain, it's just a little sad to me that we have four versions of Mario and Peach and not some characters that got cut! :p
I see. That makes sense. I am not a fan of the clones either, although Cat Peach is extremely adorable. I still would have preferred Bowser Jr over her, though.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I see. That makes sense. I am not a fan of the clones either, although Cat Peach is extremely adorable. I still would have preferred Bowser Jr over her, though.
She's definitely cute. If Nintendo go for more DLC in MK8 (they'd be crazy not to) and some of these cut characters come back, then I won't have any problems with the current characters. Off the top of my head, I can think of Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr, Boo or King Boo, Koopa Paratroopa, Dry Bones. Maybe even Funky Kong, as long as his stats aren't broken like they were in MKW. :P I'd also love to be able to pick some Toad colours, similar to Yoshi and Shy Guy. Are Toadette colours also a thing? If so, they need to be options too.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
She's definitely cute. If Nintendo go for more DLC in MK8 (they'd be crazy not to) and some of these cut characters come back, then I won't have any problems with the current characters. Off the top of my head, I can think of Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr, Boo or King Boo, Koopa Paratroopa, Dry Bones. Maybe even Funky Kong, as long as his stats aren't broken like they were in MKW. :p I'd also love to be able to pick some Toad colours, similar to Yoshi and Shy Guy. Are Toadette colours also a thing? If so, they need to be options too.
How could I forget Diddy Kong? He needs come back. And maybe bring Dixie with him :)

Btw, speaking of Kirby, you can see the Kirby and Fox Mii hats in the Able Sisters store in the Animal Crossing track. Perhaps it is a hidden hint of the next DLCs

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
How could I forget Diddy Kong? He needs come back. And maybe bring Dixie with him :)

Btw, speaking of Kirby, you can see the Kirby and Fox Mii hats in the Able Sisters store in the Animal Crossing track. Perhaps it is a hidden hint of the next DLCs
That could be a big hint! F-Zero got two tracks and a kart themed after it. I don't think it would be too crazy to expect Kirby and Star Fox to receive tracks in the future. Oh, please have a Kirby Air Ride themed track and vehicle combo! Checker Knights is just too perfect! Just look at it. There's so much potential here for MK8. Very nice course, the design is incredible, there's the underwater city area for an underwater segment, a couple of areas can easily be changed to use the glider, and of course, there are multiple areas where anti-gravity can be used. It makes too much sense, just like Wario Colosseum from Double Dash. Plus, the music is incredible and I'd love to hear it if it managed to find its way into MK8. If you want more Kirby, search "Kirby dance" for a bonus video with that music playing.

We've seen some in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Ah, I never played it. Thanks! Maybe those two will get the colour options as a Pack 3 & 4 bundle bonus.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That could be a big hint! F-Zero got two tracks and a kart themed after it. I don't think it would be too crazy to expect Kirby and Star Fox to receive tracks in the future. Oh, please have a Kirby Air Ride themed track and vehicle combo! Checker Knights is just too perfect! Just look at it. There's so much potential here for MK8. Very nice course, the design is incredible, there's the underwater city area for an underwater segment, a couple of areas can easily be changed to use the glider, and of course, there are multiple areas where anti-gravity can be used. It makes too much sense, just like Wario Colosseum from Double Dash. Plus, the music is incredible and I'd love to hear it if it managed to find its way into MK8. If you want more Kirby, search "Kirby dance" for a bonus video with that music playing.
That track is really great. Kirby Air Ride was such a fun game. That said, as Kirby's first track in MK8, I wouldn't say it is the ideal representative of the series. Perhaps they could add two Kirby tracks? One brand new based on a traditional game and also Checker Knights, as a retro track of sorts? That'd be clever.

As for Star Fox, I have no idea how a Star Fox theme tracked would be. Maybe something like Galactic Parade or Race of Ages from Sonic Transformed?

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
That track is really great. Kirby Air Ride was such a fun game. That said, as Kirby's first track in MK8, I wouldn't say it is the ideal representative of the series. Perhaps they could add two Kirby tracks? One brand new based on a traditional game and also Checker Knights, as a retro track of sorts? That'd be clever.

As for Star Fox, I have no idea how a Star Fox theme tracked would be. Maybe something like Galactic Parade or Race of Ages from Sonic Transformed?
Hmm. Good point there. It really doesn't represent the Kirby series at all. Two tracks would be great, but if it's just one, it would probably be a mix of Kirby themes, likely with some food and enemies dotting the track. I bet it'd still be an amazing one though!

A Star Fox track could definitely be something like that. MK8's Rainbow Road is set in space, so there shouldn't really be an issue for a track set in space. It's tricky trying to think of a possible design for it, so maybe a land-based track could do Star Fox just as much justice. I'm not very knowledgeable about Star Fox though, so I wouldn't really know what locations are iconic. A Landmaster themed kart with an Arwing themed glider would be great to see though. :P

NNID DubaloSeven

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, make two Battle Packs; one having a Metroid theme, another having a Star Fox theme. Maybe even a third for Splatoon, who knows? I just hope we get more tracks themed like other Nintendo series, and Metroid and Star Fox are on the top of my list. I just want Samus in MK8. If they can't put in Power Suit Samus they should put in Zero Suit Samus.

Gunship Cart, Meta Ridley motorcycle, Brinstar (or better yet, Zebes) course to race on or for Battle Mode. They could do the same for Star Fox, and since the new Star Fox game is coming out soon, it would make a lot of sense to make a Battle Mode course themed to Corneria or something like that.
I feel like Battle mode would be too little, too late at this point. I do think we're getting more straight up MK8 DLC announced at E3 this year though and while F-Zero will like take a back seat like it did with the last two packs, I can definitely see a Star Fox pack happening, plus one other as well. Fingers crossed.

Undr

If we got another two packs, I wouldn't mind if two of the sixteen new tracks were more F-Zero tracks. Especially if they're designed specifically for 200cc.

Yuki

Inkling
NNID
pandayuki
I still suprised villager got in before Kirby or Samus. I mean, I love ACNL, but i really feel like Nintendo has more important characters it could've chosen. I'd also love to see Fox or Pit driving an arwing/landmaster/aether ring. Fingers crossed for dlc packs 3 and 4 announcement at e3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom