Miscellaneous Hopes for Splatoon 4 - Let it Begin

TOD13

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
"I got a Beakon here!"
instantly made me think "NEED A SQUID BEAKON HEAH!" and as a Squid Beakon user i am all for this addition to the comms buttons.
I want challenges to return and I want them to be always available. It's stupid they're timegated and only happen every so often. I want a dedicated challenge queue that switches out throughout the day, we can start with some from 3 and then have new original challenges added throughout updates.
i'm all for this one. it makes 0 sense to me why Salmon Run is always available now but Challenges aren't.

NeoXVIII

Inkster Jr.
Some of my more far fetched ideas:

Since they like number theming so much, having 4 gear slots, one for pants, would be neat. We could keep the old AP system, or rework slots so that mains give 9 AP and subs give 2. Ability Doubler could be changed to Ability Tripler. This'll make the max AP be 60 even if you keep the splatfest ability.

Remove Respawn Punisher, Haunt RP effect. Maybe even QR, or make it part of weapons (mixed on removing QR but shrug).

Stealth Jump being base kit. Drop Roller being usable on more special types (splashdown, reef slider) and lasting 5 seconds instead of 3.

AMICADO

Inkling
Pronouns
squid/kid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4500-3675-5518
Speaking of salmon run, SALMON RUN. Salmon run should not be splat 4. WAIT. Hold your fire, alright? I love salmon run as much as the next guy, nay, more. I think salmon run actually deserves ITS OWN SPINOFF. YEAH. THATS RIGHT. I SAID IT. 10 years is enough time for a spinoff game. I’m thinking new lobby, spiffy new equipment, more frequent updates… new salmonids! New boss? Maybe? Uh… New modes! Underground mode. What happened to that, huh? And how about a DEFENSE mode that takes place on an extra big map with an extra big timer. New king salmonids? Yes please. One-potted stinger cameo? Yes please. All the grizzco weapons? Yes please! FIX the MATCHMAKING? Yes please, about time. NEW CAMPAIGN WHERE YOU GET STRANDED ON AN ISLAND? YES PLEEEEAAAASE!!! Just saying. It’d be cool.

Also, a chance to separate itself a little from the rules of the main-game. We can have new UI, new exclusive specials, weapons, graphics. Maybe more scary? Cool stuff.

vamp1rebees

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they
Switch Friend Code
SW-4398-1560-3805
I definitely want some drastic reworks to Splatfests. These stages and rulesets will never be played competitively so why hold it to that standard? Just go crazy with everything. Stages with grind rails, gushers, Squee-Gs. Maybe in some battles, both teams get crazy buffs like 2x movement speed or shot spread.

I want 2's indicators for when teammates use specials back, I have no idea why they were removed. I just want 1 and 2's styles back honestly, 3 removed so much personality from the UI and polished details that were purposefully rough.

I want more NPC species variety, they just kinda spammed jellyfish everywhere and called it a day in 3. I want to see the guys from the Deep Sea Metro, I want NPCs with some actual designs that feel unique. Hopefully with 4 being on the Switch 2, this is doable now.
FR i feel like its a waste to have inkrails and gushers and such be limited to story modes. it could make maps so interesting and give openings in ranked
plus i miss my deep sea metro friends:( sea angel jock:((((

vamp1rebees

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they
Switch Friend Code
SW-4398-1560-3805
Speaking of salmon run, SALMON RUN. Salmon run should not be splat 4. WAIT. Hold your fire, alright? I love salmon run as much as the next guy, nay, more. I think salmon run actually deserves ITS OWN SPINOFF. YEAH. THATS RIGHT. I SAID IT. 10 years is enough time for a spinoff game. I’m thinking new lobby, spiffy new equipment, more frequent updates… new salmonids! New boss? Maybe? Uh… New modes! Underground mode. What happened to that, huh? And how about a DEFENSE mode that takes place on an extra big map with an extra big timer. New king salmonids? Yes please. One-potted stinger cameo? Yes please. All the grizzco weapons? Yes please! FIX the MATCHMAKING? Yes please, about time. NEW CAMPAIGN WHERE YOU GET STRANDED ON AN ISLAND? YES PLEEEEAAAASE!!! Just saying. It’d be cool.

Also, a chance to separate itself a little from the rules of the main-game. We can have new UI, new exclusive specials, weapons, graphics. Maybe more scary? Cool stuff.
it would be so cool to have a spin off where team mates have their own roles instead of just switching weapons.. kind of in the same vein as like tank and dps roles but what if we have like. salmonid researchers or something. idk i just love salmonids and want more fish content pls nintendo

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
An additional hope here, that super jumping will be faster by default so one sub of QSJ isn't necessary to escape most situations.

Additionally, I think it would be very cool if Tenacity gave 10 AP of QSJ to teammates that jump to the user from spawn. It's supposed to be a last squid standing ability, so why not lean more into that identity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom