• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Man, I must be the only one who enjoyed this Splatfest.

I won't mind if the underdog principle holds and Early Birds win by some landslide miracle. Less snails for me, but I'll keep saving them for later anyway.
Normally I could enjoy a splatfest even during the matches when my team is defeated. This one however, I was unable to create any joy out of—which I find a whole lot worse than simply losing.

I take some small giggles in knowing that team Night Owl squads had to take a number and wait their turn to play us. And that if any members of team Early Bird took a break for any period of time we'd be unable to make full squads.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
THE CURSE HAS BEEN LIFTED \o/
Also, goddamn it i lost.
29% to 71% popularity
49% to 51% wins
Both in night owl's favor.

WVW69jVbBo8nvTDewZ.jpg
WVW69jVbCJAmZ2drCx.jpg

Splatfest just got pretty interesting >.>

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Wow, that popularity...

Okay, everyone back in the pool! Time to cut loose your tensions in rank and normal turf war.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I was actually expecting a much higher popularity so I was genuinely surprised at everything with these results. o.o We are finally free of the curse. \owo/ Good job, Team Night Owl~ c: I met a lot of good players. I wish I could have seen the Early Birds a little more frequently but it was nice to meet so many good players from Team Night Owl.

I feel like we should prepare for the salt... *hides*

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I feel like we should prepare for the salt... *hides*
It was all a conspiracy to break the conspiracy of the popular team always losing. Wake up squeeple!! (How's that? xP)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
THE CURSE HAS BEEN LIFTED \o/
Also, goddamn it i lost.
29% to 71% popularity
49% to 51% wins
Both in night owl's favor.

View attachment 3531 View attachment 3532
Splatfest just got pretty interesting >.>
I'm going to be disappointed if the riot police don't show up for next Splatfest. It can only be the next step from there.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
It was all a conspiracy to break the conspiracy of the popular team always losing. Wake up squeeple!! (How's that? xP)
Needs more Marie level savagery. xD

Nintendo has created a war. :P The day they create a real Callie VS Marie Splatfest..... War is going to break out in Splatoon over it. xD

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I'm so glad the more popular team won. The Splatfest Power System is really working at preventing constant lopsided wins for the less popular teams. It's nice we can pick the team we want and not having to worry about losing just because you know the team you picked is more popular.

Calli and Marie Splatfest seems imminent. I think it's a matter of time before it shows up.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I played for a while at the end and won probably 90% of my matches, but I guess it wasn't enough. Oh well, at least the curse was broken.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I feel like this is a fluke, and we'll be back to the old pattern next fest.

Also, conspiracy theory, "next fest is for keeps"? WHAT IF IT'S THE LAST ONE????

I don't think they'd do that, but just a thought.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Wait...what we actually won? How in the...I can't...what? I knew there was a potential of me being wrong but this is unexpected still. I have no idea what to think of splatfest anymore.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
WHAT DID I TELL YOU??* This was the american version of Pro/Anti Pineapple.

Congratulations NA for getting your first Splatfest under the new system which will end like EU/OCs Pro Vs Anti Pineapple!

Popularity:
Birds 38% - 62% Owls
Wins: 46% - 54%

This information is supplied without liability :>

(They really hated pineapple...)

*(actually I simply guessed, haha)

I'd laugh if NintendoNA was like, "oh, this is close. but we should give owls the 2% to win so they're going to stop this whole popularity=loss thing".

Congrats Owls!
But hey, EUOC-Ninjas still hold the highest popularity in Splatfests so far: 77% ;)

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I see a number of people theorizing that the next Splatfest would be the last one given Callie and Marie's attitude during the result screen. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they went out with a bang and actually DID make the last choice between the Squid Sisters themselves. I admit it did seem a bit peculiar that they were so sassy with one another; it's a huge contrast to their usual banter.

The two important things to take away from the results are that popularity doesn't necessarily dictate the team winner anymore (with the new system), and EVERYONE suffered through this Splatfest. Good job from both teams, the skill level was very clearly evenly matched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom