• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
That's how it's worked out for me as well. But I guess you're right. Hopefully it turns around once the Splatfest is over. It's just that my life has been falling apart and Splatoon has kind of become a refuge for me as a result. So getting endlessly destroyed like I did is pretty hard on me.

I don't know, maybe I should jump back in and give it another shot.
Unless you are desperate for snails, I would not recommend going back on. It sounds like you really were fed up with the Fest. It will be over fairly soon, then you can go back to enjoying the normal game.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
During Splatfest or regular play?
During Splatfest. I remember having someone named Matthew on my team who was using a Sploosh (iirc).

That's how it's worked out for me as well. But I guess you're right. Hopefully it turns around once the Splatfest is over. It's just that my life has been falling apart and Splatoon has kind of become a refuge for me as a result. So getting endlessly destroyed like I did is pretty hard on me.

I don't know, maybe I should jump back in and give it another shot.
We're in the same boat my friend. Splatoon has increasingly become a means for me to vent in an otherwise collapsing personal life. Even though I should be practicing in Smash Bros. for a tournament I'm heading to in September, it doesn't feel as good as Splatoon anymore, despite me being a heavyweight in Smash.

The point is, I understand the frustration in getting reamed for hours on end, especially when we both know we're capable of doing so much better. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't jump back in, but the Fest is almost over, so why not just ride it out? Unless you were beyond frustrated like me, in which case perhaps it's not a good idea

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Anyway, it's a shame most of us had very little fun this Splatfest. We'll just have to get them next time! Or just skip Splatfest altogether. At least dancing in the plaza is still fun. ♫ ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐ ♫
Pity the splatfest plaza is still asynchronous...

But that still sounds like a plan! And I guess after vacation I can shift into "anime training mode" when it comes to splatoon. Until then I will continue making use of the stress owl

*strangles stress owl*20160625_043334.jpg

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
This is the first Splatfest where I lost more than I won...and I lost quite a lot more than I won. I had one good streak in the afternoon and the rest was a slaughterhouse. I got murdered out there, even on my alt account (on the other team) that was at a lower Splatfest power.

Either everybody got really good in my four days away from the game, or it's just a really bad run of luck. I played pretty good myself until the last 40 points to get to max rank when I was getting pretty frustrated.

Oh well, I have like 55 snails already so I don't care who wins really. More sad that this is the first time I finished below my starting Splatfest power of 1600. Was at a max of 1630something and ended off at 1555 or so.

Here's to next time...and I also learned that I don't actually hate using the Splattershot Pros and will probably use then a lot more now so hooray

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm not going to be able to even pick my team =/ haven't played all week because I was doing Zelda and Stardew Valley

I'm missing out on a few snails but at least I don't have to experience all the torture everyone on this thread is going through

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I thought the Splatfest was a little boring this time because of how popular Team Night Owl is. I'm at the Queen rank and I've only encountered Team Early Bird a grand total of seven times.... Yeah. I mean seriously, it's extremely boring to be fighting your team over and over and over again. It doesn't even feel like a Splatfest this time. v.v I don't know who at NoA thought this Splatfest would be even slightly evenly matched in popularity. >.> I'll be happy when it's over. I really hope the next Splatfest is a little....not so one-sided like this one is. :P

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, I must be the only one who enjoyed this Splatfest.

I won't mind if the underdog principle holds and Early Birds win by some landslide miracle. Less snails for me, but I'll keep saving them for later anyway.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Man, I must be the only one who enjoyed this Splatfest.

I won't mind if the underdog principle holds and Early Birds win by some landslide miracle. Less snails for me, but I'll keep saving them for later anyway.
Hey I had fun too!

Miracle? We're clearly going to win lel.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I had a horrible time on Team Night Owl. Honestly, this is the worst Splatfest experience i've had so far (I'm normally on the least popular team). I struggled so much near then end, I switched from my beloved Dual Squelcher and Kelp to only using the Wasabi. My alt on Early Bird, however, had an amazing time. I got to Queen MUCH quicker than my main, and I stuck with the Bento for almost the entire time. Sure, it's only at A but still, I actually played for a few matches after royalty rather than just quitting immediately afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom