• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
So Splat power is dependent on rank? So if you're an S+ do you start at 1700? I start at 1600 but I'm an S. I actually did not know this, I thought everyone started at 1600.
Yes, your splat power depends on your rank. I'm an S as well so yup, 1600, ended at like 1605 or something. And yeah, I think you start at 1700 if you're an S+. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Oh, a general question, while it's still in my head - do we know how the 'ranking' at the end of a match is ordered during Splatfests? Like, in TW, it's just in the order of who inked the most points; and in Ranked, it's who won the greatest number of battles out of their last 10. Is it also points in Splatfests? It's hard to tell, of course, since they're inexplicably not displayed. I guess that's because the space is taken up by the Splatfest titles, but I'd rather they did something to make total turf inked be visible.
I feel like it's probably the same way it's ordered in turf war, although there's not really any way to test if I'm correct. Or it could be wins/last 10 game like ranked.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Well, I didn't have any mirror matches, so that's good. I also lost the overwhelming majority of my matches, which isn't so good. Some of that was due to less than ideal matchmaking (it was pretty normal for there to be a 100 splatfest power difference between the two teams). But most of it was due to my poor play.

I actually randomly went up against someone who's on my friend list, which is weird. I initially thought they just had the same username, but I checked the players I recently played with it and apparently it was the same person. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I actually randomly went up against someone who's on my friend list, which is weird. I initially thought they just had same username, but I checked the players I recently played with it and apparently it was the same person. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yep. With and against. I even got a friend request from someone who's alt account I played a few rounds with (until I got disconnected) then later fought against his main account.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Rambling post:
This splatfest....man, I could not pull it together, longest losing streak I've ever had. S level Early Bird. Started at 1600, and we were consistently getting out *** kicked, down to 1400 something. Played from 2am -5:30am pst.

After 2 hours, I resigned myself to the fact that my teams were consistently going to lose, and I adjusted my play style to match. Once I adjusted to the S - Turf War Experience, and started playing much more cautiously my personal stats went up, but my teams kept losing.

thoughts I had, trying to explain the suck:

I'm S, but just barely, When its TC or SZ on maps I like, I'll play, and get average results. Maybe I was butting up against all the better more well rounded S players, in Turf War style, which doesn't happen except for Splatfest.

In ranked, my skills as a charger/splattling main are focused on a narrow range or area. It was a surprizing challenge it to Turf war, with opponents who were anywhere on the map, with the evasive and flanking skills of S players, And who were all playing to WIN.

I wonder if Nintendo keeps track of who wins when, did Night owls do better at night, and vice versa?

Next splatfest, I might intentionally drop to A+, although I'm not really sure if that was the issue.

tl:dr- sucked hard, licking wounds.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Since everyone seems to be losing, what're the odds that this is proof of a huge conspiracy whereby the real purpose of Splatfests is to allow Nintendo to test out Splatoon CPUs of various levels? Like, say, 40% of teams are poorly-adjusted computer players who are way better than their Splatfest Power indicates. Or else... half of teammates are poorly-adjusted computer players who can hardly win any matches?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Since everyone seems to be losing, what're the odds that this is proof of a huge conspiracy whereby the real purpose of Splatfests is to allow Nintendo to test out Splatoon CPUs of various levels? Like, say, 40% of teams are poorly-adjusted computer players who are way better than their Splatfest Power indicates. Or else... half of teammates are poorly-adjusted computer players who can hardly win any matches?
I would LOVE to be able to battle bots in Splatoon. Get practice with weapons and gear without having to go online would be helpful. Just think of the features too! Being able to outfit all the bots with different weapons, change their CPU level, maybe even ability spreads.

Anyway, it's a shame most of us had very little fun this Splatfest. We'll just have to get them next time! Or just skip Splatfest altogether. At least dancing in the plaza is still fun. ♫ ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐ ♫

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I would LOVE to be able to battle bots in Splatoon. Get practice with weapons and gear without having to go online would be helpful. Just think of the features too! Being able to outfit all the bots with different weapons, change their CPU level, maybe even ability spreads.

Anyway, it's a shame most of us had very little fun this Splatfest. We'll just have to get them next time! Or just skip Splatfest altogether. At least dancing in the plaza is still fun. ♫ ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐ ♫
I think I might have played with you earlier. I'm not sure.

NNID
benimarucollider
So it feels like this splatfest is gonna be suck status yet again.

Can't blame though when you have a 20+ losing streak and your overall team experience was utter ****.

Worst part of this is that none of the teams is even gonna win legit. We got our wins so far cause we got bunched up against our own teams.

Probably because no one wants to actually put up with this rigged bull****.

/rant

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I'm terribly sorry you feel that way after playing. I know the feeling from two Splatfests ago. I won so few games that the slog to royalty was a royal pain, I felt like I just sucked at the game, and wondered if I should even try playing anymore. In the higher ranks, Splatfest is purely competitive, if you can't get a bunch of kills, you and your team will likely suffer for it.

I got to defender last night and just quit before I got too frustrated. I played fairly well, but the enemy teams always outplayed my teams at every chance they got. I would find it hard to believe you are a failure in the game, so don't let a bad Splatfest make you think you are.
That's how it's worked out for me as well. But I guess you're right. Hopefully it turns around once the Splatfest is over. It's just that my life has been falling apart and Splatoon has kind of become a refuge for me as a result. So getting endlessly destroyed like I did is pretty hard on me.

I don't know, maybe I should jump back in and give it another shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom