NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Any one have ideas for gear or weapon sets that fit the theme for either side? First thing that came to mind for me was sloshers as early bird weapons. Dumping water/ink on someone to wake them.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Haha, I'm not in NA but I like that idea. As for gear sets - for Night Owls, I'd think of :head_met002:, as they seem like they provide infra-red vision and besides, they're kind of reminiscent of owls themselves. I've always thought that :clothes_shirt013: and :clothes_shirt007: look like pyjama tops, so that could also work for that team. Then :shoes_slp000::shoes_slp001::shoes_slp002: fairly closely resemble slippers which one would wear late at night. And and and, for weapons - :wst_shot_expshort00: (or Neo, probably better for TW). Luna! Moon! Night!

Early Birds could go for a 'morning run' theme - something like :head_hbd004::clothes_tes003::shoes_sht003:?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Since I believe that Night owl team will get the closest-to-batman-black dark blue ink from. . .
the bottom right pair
The choice is kinda obvious

We'll obviously lose due to popularity though.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Haha, I'm not in NA but I like that idea. As for gear sets - for Night Owls, I'd think of :head_met002:, as they seem like they provide infra-red vision and besides, they're kind of reminiscent of owls themselves. I've always thought that :clothes_shirt013: and :clothes_shirt007: look like pyjama tops, so that could also work for that team. Then :shoes_slp000::shoes_slp001::shoes_slp002: fairly closely resemble slippers which one would wear late at night. And and and, for weapons - :wst_shot_expshort00: (or Neo, probably better for TW). Luna! Moon! Night!

Early Birds could go for a 'morning run' theme - something like :head_hbd004::clothes_tes003::shoes_sht003:?
Oh yeah, the Luna Blasters! Completely overlooked those. Haven't used either in forever. And some of the buttoned long sleeves can pass for pajama tops.

Hmm... if I'm sticking with a theme, looks like there's a chance I might wind up joining Team Early Bird since they give me more thematic options to play with.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I have legit not seen a single Early Bird post in my plaza yet nor seen anyone wearing the shirt yet. o_O I've seen a post comparing them to Team Ninja's popularity but right now, I think they might beat Team Ninja by a landslide with how Miiverse plaza posts are going. xD

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I have legit not seen a single Early Bird post in my plaza yet nor seen anyone wearing the shirt yet. o_O I've seen a post comparing them to Team Ninja's popularity but right now, I think they might beat Team Ninja by a landslide with how Miiverse plaza posts are going. xD
I've only seen Night Owl shirts, comments, pictures, and ONE person with a "#EARLYBIRB" art comment. Yes, "earlybirb"

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I've only seen Night Owl shirts, comments, pictures, and ONE person with a "#EARLYBIRB" art comment. Yes, "earlybirb"
That's a tumblr thing. Tumblr is obsessed with birds which of course includes owls. They call them birbs for some reason.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
*raises eyebrow* Tumblr has a thing for birbs? But everyone tells me the interwebz is for catz and catz only!

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
*raises eyebrow* Tumblr has a thing for birbs? But everyone tells me the interwebz is for catz and catz only!
Tumblr is a whole other part of the internet. They are obsessed with reptiles like lizards too.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I'll pick the one with fewer members to try to even things out. Last time I spent ages in queue as team patrick, to eventually be paired against another team patrick. Seems like Night Owl is the winner so far so I'll probably pick Early Bird

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Well as Splatfest is 24hrs of night in Inkopolis Night Owls really need to win this to not be shown up by the Day Birds :P. The colour scheme looks really nice for this Splatfest, but the same can't be said for the artwork, both of those are so creepy. As for me, I'd go Night Owl as I really can't wake up in the morning xD. However, I'm on the PAL version of the game so this won't be my Splatfest. Speaking of which, if we're back to one every 3 weeks, ours should be announced next Saturday.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Congratulations NA for getting your first Splatfest under the new system which will end like EU/OCs Pro Vs Anti Pineapple!

Popularity:
Birds 38% - 62% Owls
Wins: 46% - 54%

This information is supplied without liability :>

(They really hated pineapple...)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So many people dislike pineapples? And pineapples on pizza?! My poor heart! I think I need to sit down.

Tumblr is a whole other part of the internet. They are obsessed with reptiles like lizards too.
Fascinating. The things you learn about tumblr when it's not someone whining yet again "I hate tumblr because of 'x' group/subculture that calls out my bs/thinks differently than me!"

One day I'll bother to join instead of being a constant, lurking tourist.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
So many people dislike pineapples? And pineapples on pizza?! My poor heart! I think I need to sit down.

Fascinating. The things you learn about tumblr when it's not someone whining yet again "I hate tumblr because of 'x' group/subculture that calls out my bs/thinks differently than me!"

One day I'll bother to join instead of being a constant, lurking tourist.
I joined but only follow friends who don't reblog SJW stuff and fanartists who also don't reblog SJW stuff. Whether they are right or not, I prefer not seeing it.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Haven't been on today but I'm sure players are now starting to wear their shirts. Is everyone's plazas still Night Owl lopsided?

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
When I put on my early bid shirt I was with a lobby, yes 7 other players wearing Night Owl Shirts. My team booyah'ed me and kept shooting me and blocking my shots...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom