NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I'm leaning more towards early bird as I think about it. I realized that when I have kept late hours it was to socialize with my night owl friends. So as they've stopped socializing with me I've been reverting back to an earlier schedule.

I don't wake up to alarms. If I set an alarm, I wake up earlier than that to avoid it. I have sound sensitivity issues. I don't like phones ringing, door bells, blenders, I had to force myself to tolerate vacuum cleaner noises, thankfully I overcame toilet flushing noises and pots clanging with each other and falling on the floor gets me to panic. My parents and sister seem to know I hate door bells so they knock instead of ringing even though I never told them they should not ring the bell.

Once when I was a child, I shut my father's alarm because of how much I could not stand that noise and got in trouble for it. I had trouble with communication. I had to suffer in silence.

Can you see I hate all kinds of noises in general and maybe that's why I like going to places when it is quiet?
I'm very much the same in that regard. I was sort of lucky that my parents started to clue in on their own when I was four, although it took them about five years to start really being considerate of my sensitivities.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Our daughter was born at 32 weeks and she had fetal growth restriction. We weren't sure her lungs would work. Hearing her cry when she was born was perhaps the best sound I've ever heard. :D

(but yes, generally, worst sound ever...)
It's when something is missing that it becomes wonderful.

Glad to hear she recovered.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
With regards as to why the Night Owls are common, according to the National Sleep Foundation,

“Changes to this circadian rhythm occur during adolescence, when most teens experience a sleep phase delay. This shift in teens' circadian rhythm causes them to naturally feel alert later at night, making it difficult for them to fall asleep before 11:00 pm.”

Anyway, my very poor sleeping habits make me a Night Owl, but I don't want to be a Night Owl. I want to be an Early Bird because it's so much better for you. So that's why I'm on Team Early Bird.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
With regards as to why the Night Owls are common, according to the National Sleep Foundation,

“Changes to this circadian rhythm occur during adolescence, when most teens experience a sleep phase delay. This shift in teens' circadian rhythm causes them to naturally feel alert later at night, making it difficult for them to fall asleep before 11:00 pm.”

Anyway, my very poor sleeping habits make me a Night Owl, but I don't want to be a Night Owl. I want to be an Early Bird because it's so much better for you. So that's why I'm on Team Early Bird.
The birds in that video remind me of actual birds that are adapting their songs/voices to almost mimic sounds in urban environments like car alarms and ringtones. Melodically terrifying indeed.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I don't hate all noise. There are those that sets me up more than others. I like hearing animal sounds for instance.

And who actually likes hearing a baby cry? I would be forced to be a night owl anyway then because I will be staying up a lot. Or more accurately an always exhausted pigeon. Or a giraffe. Giraffes can sleep a minimum of 20 minutes a day. They can go up to 2 hours but it is not slept all at once but a little each time. The rest of the time is munching leaves and kicking predators in the face.

One of my pregnancy symptoms is fatigue all the time so I could sleep a good amount of hours, wake up, two hours later, time to sleep again, yay! It's like I am sleeping so much now to make up for much later.
LOL welcome to #TeamNightOwl - whether you want to be or not. ;)

This should be interesting. You avoid the "brats" at tourist spots. Dislike the crying baby sound. Exhausted. I can hear it now: "Stuff it, Junior, mommy needs her Nintendo time! No you CAN'T have the controller, cant you see I'm using it!? Go outside and play pirates or something, Splatoon 3 just launched!" :D

I'm pretty sure I can't pass for a teen :p Maybe if I wear backwards baseball caps and ride skateboards and throw gang signs? Kids do those things, right? And they listen to the wrapping music? :p

Maybe that's my issue, I'm an eternal child, like Miyamoto! :D Nah, he strikes me as a super early riser.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Shoot, man, I'm a teenager and even I have no idea what passes for teenagers these days. I do have that night-time drowzyness inclination, though, which would explain my usual sleep habits (not that I'd have it any other way). But alas, it explaineth not why I turn into a huge grouch when I'm woken up too early for me.

...oh crap... I forgot, I'm supposed to be moving this weekend. I'm likely gonna have to sit this one out. Sorry in advance, my fellow owls!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
If Night Owls win I'll be screaming forever XD

But yeah, I can see it being like Pirates v Ninjas. Still salty...Ninjas shoulda won....

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
Team Early Birb. I'm more of a night owl, in terms of my sleeping habits. However, on the day of a Splatfest, I'm always an early birb.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
LOL welcome to #TeamNightOwl - whether you want to be or not. ;)

This should be interesting. You avoid the "brats" at tourist spots. Dislike the crying baby sound. Exhausted. I can hear it now: "Stuff it, Junior, mommy needs her Nintendo time! No you CAN'T have the controller, cant you see I'm using it!? Go outside and play pirates or something, Splatoon 3 just launched!"
Don't you know, all parents think their child(ren) are the best and have no flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom