• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
As far as my plazas go, it's about 10/1 in favor of Owls. It's probably even more than that. So we know the obvious winner in popularity. Are we in NA still cursed with the less popular team always taking the win, or has the new Fest format finally broken that?

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
As far as my plazas go, it's about 10/1 in favor of Owls. It's probably even more than that. So we know the obvious winner in popularity. Are we in NA still cursed with the less popular team always taking the win, or has the new Fest format finally broken that?
The Splatfests are rigged, wake up sheeple!

But in all seriousness I don't think the more popular team has won any Splatfests as far as I know. Even the last Splatfest was like that, right?

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
The Splatfests are rigged, wake up sheeple!

But in all seriousness I don't think the more popular team has won any Splatfests as far as I know. Even the last Splatfest was like that, right?
The NA only Splatfest with both skills and popularity to do that was Art vs Science on Art's side.

Fancy vs Costume was Worldwide but Fancy had both popularity and wins.

NA Dogs and Marshmallows has popularity alone pull the win. That was the first and third NA Splatfests

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Well I stand corrected!
I remember seeing the last Splatfest results

"Aw man…we were more popular. We lost."

*cue more wins percentage*

"WHAT
WE WON
GUYS WE WON
SISTER WE WON
PARENTS WE WON
INTERNET FRIEND WE WON
WE WOOOOOONNNNN
YUS"

Well, not exactly like that, but close enough

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Dogs and Marshmellows don't really count because back then, the percentage was only x2 for wins. That was also back when the e-liter was "bad" and everyone was talking about you only had to get to world 3 in the story mode to get the aerospray and rollers were OP. If we had the PG back then then it might've made more sense why the aerospray had so much hype around it.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Dogs and Marshmellows don't really count because back then, the percentage was only x2 for wins. That was also back when the e-liter was "bad" and everyone was talking about you only had to get to world 3 in the story mode to get the aerospray and rollers were OP. If we had the PG back then then it might've made more sense why the aerospray had so much hype around it.
*gasp* How dare you trash talk my baby
*clutches Aerospray*

Meanwhile…
I think I might just make another account

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I thought that multiplier started with Autobots vs Decepticons.
Just checked a youtube video announcing the results for Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs. it is indeed 4x.

Just think of the multiplier increases and other changes happening in response to what happened in Japan. First round of Red Fox vs Green Tanuki the 2nd Japanese Splatfest, has GT doing better in skill but RF winning due to overwhelming popularity, increase to 4x time. Squid vs Octopus had Octopus doing well in skill but Squid had overwhelming popularity and this was already 4x, increase to 6x. Pokemon Red vs Green had Green with such low popularity but has the highest win rate in Splatfest history so Splatfest Power has been implemented.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Well I'm in quite a pickle, whatever will I choose? /sarcasm

past few days I've been staying up till 4am and last night even 6am lol
Owl is the best birb in existence anyways so just that alone gets my vote, being a Night Owl is just icing on the feathers.
just wanted to point out how cute this signature is

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
For my Night Owl friends:

Edit: Or would this be for Early Birds because he woke up to make this for Angelica in the first place and did not stay up as discussed by @DualQuelcher a few posts later)

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Does this count for Early Birds or Night Owls? Since he willingly woke up at 3 in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom