• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA splatfest! Snowman vs Sandcastle

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Is it in character for Callie to speak so much slang? Yes, of course.
Does it still sound ridiculous to my ears? Yes, of course.
(PS. I got the gist of what she was saying, that wasn't the issue.)

But I have to side with @warghoul here, we're getting a little too fixated on this.
yes but even she normally knows not to overdo it and actually use it to make sense? like what the above post is proving?
Yo like fo rizzle my sqizzle we should like totally totally mos def be like all up on these shorties bearing that Advance Wars torch like for sure. Dude, that game was fly back in the day but now it's like played out, aight? But I ain't gonna trip because more power to them they can just keep on keeping on while I be Audi 5000 bruh til the next episode then I'll get all crunked up on it fo sho!

Now, I will see myself out of this thread for a good while.
@Award it does it to me too =.= and prob doin it now

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
yes but even she normally knows not to overdo it and actually use it to make sense? like what the above post is proving?
If anything, this point makes her dialogue here come off as even worse.

But we really, really should move off of this subject, it's going nowhere.

Owen

Inkling
NNID
wsmart9
Seems like more people are going for snowman, so I'm going for sandcastle. Lower population wins cuz less likely to have as many newbies and less likely to go up against the same team, which won't count towards the final score :P

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I believe they chose to localize it as such because it matches Callie's personality as others have said. She would be on top of the latest slang that people are throwing around on social media.

At the same time, Marie's response is a perfect rebuttal. "ugh just because you said snowbae and fleek, I'm team sandcastle" basically was her response. So in a way, could this splatfest be more subliminally a more pro-slang vs. anti-slang poll?????????

PS. sorry but if you don't understand the meaning you must have struggled with learning context clues in elementary schooll.....?
Please don't insult my intelligence by saying I struggle with context simply because I (and others) came across a new word. The slang word is pretty new on the internet and isn't even a top result when you search for it. And as Missingnumbers said, the context couldn't even be inferred from what little Callie said. That at least you should concede. Anyway, enough about the stupid slang. I don't intend on playing this splatfest as I said earlier, so good luck to everyone who participates.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Seems like more people are going for snowman, so I'm going for sandcastle. Lower population wins cuz less likely to have as many newbies and less likely to go up against the same team, which won't count towards the final score :p
Do remember that Splatfest rules changed and it now acts like a psudo ranked mode for Turf Wars:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/141037615684/one-of-our-interns-has-learned-that-starting-with

I'm not saying you should not pick the less popular team but keep in mind that "meta"ing Splatfests probably won't work as well as it used to in the past.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Do remember that Splatfest rules changed and it now acts like a psudo ranked mode for Turf Wars:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/141037615684/one-of-our-interns-has-learned-that-starting-with

I'm not saying you should not pick the less popular team but keep in mind that "meta"ing Splatfests probably won't work as well as it used to in the past.
Oh yeah, that's right! This will be the first run for the new splatfest system for us outside the JP region. Guess I'll try to check some streams to see how it works.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
It's not mythical, it's an annual nightmare during which months life ends, you stop doing anything at all, sit down, play Splatoon and wait for life to return in a few months. :D
That's a nightmare? That actually sounds pretty good to me... I wouldn't mind taking a few months off to sit around and play Splatoon.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
#TeamSnowbae

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Matter of fact, the recent Japanese Splatfest actually had the more popular team win for once, bucking the trend of "popularity = loss" for the first time since Europe's pineapple Splatfest. Then again, this is America we're talking about. It might be business as usual over here.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Matter of fact, the recent Japanese Splatfest actually had the more popular team win for once, bucking the trend of "popularity = loss" for the first time since Europe's pineapple Splatfest. Then again, this is America we're talking about. It might be business as usual over here.
the problem with that is that is common with them though, general:
Japan pop wins most of the time . Japan also holds the highest pop team to ALSO won battles, milk tea with 68%pop/55% battle, compare that to, lolninjas of EU and NA, yeah they had higher pops, but nowhere close to winning battles.
NA unpop wins
EU 1/2, 1/2

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Please don't insult my intelligence by saying I struggle with context simply because I (and others) came across a new word. The slang word is pretty new on the internet and isn't even a top result when you search for it. And as Missingnumbers said, the context couldn't even be inferred from what little Callie said. That at least you should concede. Anyway, enough about the stupid slang. I don't intend on playing this splatfest as I said earlier, so good luck to everyone who participates.
I'm sorry it was an out of line comment.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
That's a nightmare? That actually sounds pretty good to me... I wouldn't mind taking a few months off to sit around and play Splatoon.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
#TeamSnowbae

A few months of playing Splatoon is nice. But if that splatoon is interrupted by 3 hour periods of hard labor, numb fingers (try using inkbrush!), inability to get anywhere you're supposed to be and daily life just being overall more difficult: Need to go get something from the store? Prepare an extra half hour to dig out (or 3 hours if it's big snow! But watch every crevice on every surface MAY in fact be frictionless icy danger!) and by the time you're done you're curled up on the ground exhausted from moving a few hundred pounds of material, and that's before you get your day STARTED. Then there's all the problems that crop up (ice damaging things etc.)

Humbug!

There's certainly people that do like it. A lot. I will never understand these freaks of nature :p

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So, totally jellyfish..... :)

Just look outside at your beautiful, colorful, tropical paradise, what with the waves crashing upon the shore. Now picture sticking the whole thing in the freezer until everything is a solid rock-like brick and everything from the ground to the sky is a definitionless gray-blue blob devoid of color and life, and every surface is dangerous to step onto. That's snowy winter. :D

It's not mythical, it's an annual nightmare during which months life ends, you stop doing anything at all, sit down, play Splatoon and wait for life to return in a few months. :D

#LiterallySandbae4LiefPeeps
oh trust me i freaking love it here, though my island isn't exactly beaches and palm trees everywhere. there is a lot though, i think like 15 beaches where you can swim, but it's like a minimum 20-30 minute drive from my house to the nearest beach, but once you get to that part of the island it's pretty much picture perfect Caribbean ;). i'm kinda the opposite. i LOVE gloom weather. live here long enough and you eventually get sick of the sun. it goes from this heavenly source of light and warmth to this infernal ball of burning plasma that constantly rains rays of fiery death. whenever i see dark clouds i get excited because than it'll rain (hopefully that is, rain is really rare these days) and i love it. i'm not much of an outdoor person and love the sound of rain and the cool temperature (though i do hate extreme cold:confused:). i've always wanted to experience snow and winter, but never got the chance. i'll probably enjoy it for a month before getting sick of the cold, but i'd probably find a way around it.

Last edited:

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
There are several conflicting groups in this splatfest:
•Snowman:
-Because Frozen
-Cold climate, so they have lots of snow
-Warm climate, because they have no snow
-Really like slang​
•Sandcastle:
-Becaue Frozen
-Beach, because they have lots of sand
-No beach, because they have no sand
-Really hate slang​

Oh yeah, some people might just have a personal preference...
I'm team snowman because I live in Nebraska, where we should get snow, but haven't had much snow for the last several years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom