• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA's November splatfest: Sci-Fi versus Fantasy! Fiction fight!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Neato. My team won AND Marina fans can stop complaining. It's a win/win!
Can I still complain though, because I'm a fan that was on the other team? No? Fine, I'll take my no-bragging-rights-salty-21-super-sea-snail-booty to Murch and begrudgingly gamble them all away for chunks. xP

So with two wins under her zipper for the month, maybe she can give us a good Shifty Station next month!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My reaction to the news, particularly the stats:
guy with cup reaction image.gif

If there was only a 14% difference in popularity, not that big compared to other splatfests, why did I and friends and forum-goers report so many mirror matches on team fantasy? Very strange. Regardless, thumbs up to everyone who participated, and we'll see you next time.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I'll dig through my photo and clip album later. Meanwhile:

Well... now I'm feeling a tinge saltier! Same stats as you but my highest was under 2050. Lost ONE—ONE match after that, which dropped me almost 30 points and eventually ended my run around 1950+. And no matter how many win streaks I had, I could just never get enough points to make up for any single lost.

It's like OG Splatoon ranked points! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
In fairness, I got pretty lucky with my wins and losses. Most of my losses, especially towards the end, were in matches where both teams were pretty close in terms of power. Whereas we somehow managed to pull off wins against teams that were way stronger than us, so it kept my Splatfest power decently high.

Even as a Sci-Fi player, I still have to say it was about time Marina won in NA! GGs to everyone who played.
Tell me about it. I'm Fantasy this time, but I went Vampires last time and it didn't even really feel like a proper win. It felt like I won because Pearl was untouchable in NA, rather than because of anything I personally contributed. Knowing that it's actually possible for Marina to take proper Splatfests in NA will make future Splatfests more enjoyable no matter which side I'm on; if I pick Pearl's team, I get to feel like I achieved something beyond picking the same team as all the metagamers, and if I pick Marina's team I get to feel like I actually stand a chance of winning.

Anyway, congrats to the rest of Team Fantasy, and to Team Sci-Fi as well. It was really close in the end, so we clearly all did a good job.

Last edited:

NightOwl

Inkling
NNID
8xNightOwlx8
Switch Friend Code
SW-5033-1008-5344
I pick Sci-Fi because Sci-Fi can easily be turned into Fantasy by visiting E.T. planets. Think about Adventure Time. That's technically Sci-Fi.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Well, it's once again time for some more splatfest street capturography. Let's see what's to be found.

You fool, that doesn't help me choose! Magic portals or science portals?!

Make believe? Pah! I rather make stuff!

Like making a Pearl-bot with a smaller forehead! =p

Enchantress! *hisssss* You and your chances of winning are both fantasies! *sob*

Bards with stringy lutes by candlelight? Nah, gimme djs with dope beats by laserlight!
Well that's mean, people probably worked hard on some of those.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Wow... I didn't expect Fantasy Fiction to win. But looking back at my childhood (Which I don't think ended with my 16years yet) I can see why that happened. But I wasn't able to play since I had to deal with bad warm breakfast players.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Before the Splatfest I said:
Right, give me about a day and I'll be in fighting form.
Final Splatfest results: 13 wins/11 losses, 147 kills/100 deaths. Final Splatfest Power: 2006.6

Final thoughts: Maybe getting into such high-stakes hostilities immediately coming off a 3-week break (and forgetting how to play in the process) wasn't such a good idea. I'm not complaining about the result, nor about my experiences during. All the same, I know it could've been better.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Time for some Splatfest nighttime street capturography!

You're a reason why I'm joining. That and SPAAAAAACE!!!

Yeah... in hindsight, Team Fantasy should have lost because of this. =p Yeah, you better not look me in the eye with a joke like that! xP

When we say there's a squid-kid inside everyone of us, I'm not sure that's what they meant.

True. True. And, um, no comment.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Wasn't sure how many pics to spam per post, so I split it up.

Spoilers: Your team has been wiped but you're the only one still on the field. ¬¬;

Wait! Sarge...? Are we, are the Bad Guys?

Y'know, that's so~ spot on I should have joined Team Fantasy!

... on second thought—Lime! @Hero of Lime, come get your punny people!!

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
I was really thinking Sci-fi would win, it seemed like so many people were on that team and I felt out numbered. The best part was how close it actually was. what a tie for solo wins and team wins! Congrats for fantasy! I also enjoyed all the creative art that spawned from this splatfest, I was throwing fresh all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom