• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

NA's November splatfest: Sci-Fi versus Fantasy! Fiction fight!

Nathan99

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6971-8372-8798
Sci-fi all the way. I didn't even have to think about it. Speaking of which, I am relatively new to the Switch, so if there is anyone looking for a team for the Splatfest team matches, I am looking for some people as well.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Pfft, use all the magical fairy ink-dust you want, Marina's victory is still mere fantasy! That is science fictional fact!!

Therefore, while I'm crashing in on friend that weekend I just may pick Sci-Fi and have him play Splatoon 2 for the first time, because despite Team Sci-Fi's losses, Marina will still lose in the end. *cries on the inside while villainously laughing on the outside*

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Pfft, use all the magical fairy ink-dust you want, Marina's victory is still mere fantasy! That is science fictional fact!!

Therefore, while I'm crashing in on friend that weekend I just may pick Sci-Fi and have him play Splatoon 2 for the first time, because despite Team Sci-Fi's losses, Marina will still lose in the end. *cries on the inside while villainously laughing on the outside*
Uses Time Turner to win every battle

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I'm the jelliest jellyfish ever since jelly-jam's been made from jellyberries. Or something like that.

US: Gets an actual Halloween Splatfest || EU: Gets to argue over how to hang the toilet paper roll
US: Gets one of the best themes ever || EU: Let's argue about food again....

So, with a short "duck you NoE", I'll let you know I would've chosen Sci-Fi, as plenty of games and movies I enjoyed as a kid were more Sci-Fi first and foremost, the Fantasy genre came later. Though, if we went by my mid-teen years until today, lots of games and series I enjoyed were pretty much in-between. A general fantasy-like setting with lots of crazed wildlife and dragons and unicorns, featuring classical elements like mana and magic? Check. Futuristic technology and spaceships and robos and elaborate futuristic laboratories in that same universe? Check. What Genre? Uuuuh, J-RPGs in a nutshell. Though I cannot deny my old Sci-Fi roots, so I'll be rooting for science!

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Oh great, another splatfest theme where I have to chose between two things I like...

Well as of lately, thanks to the influence of curtain streamer and my brother I've been very interested in D&D as of lately and that game is 100% Fantasy (on top of that, there are SOO many other things related with Fantasy that I love)... but I really Sci-Fi and futuristic stuff as well...

...this is going to be a tough choice for me.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Welp I picked Fantasy. now it's time to play as much as I can and scrub the crap out of my T-shirt so I can get as many chunks as I can before splatfest is over. I noticed on the phone app it says 11/17-11/18 and I really hope that is the case because on the 17th I have to work 11am to 8pm! then I have to get up at 5am the next day to work 7am to 3pm! ;w; I hate Walmart.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
I kinda know Marina is going to win this time...
I love both, but I can definitely tell I love Sci-fi more...
Because...
GIAAAAAAAAAAANT ROBOTS!
Aaaaaaaand Spaceships!
Aaaaaaaand light sabres!
How could you say no to them tho
Both a huuuuuuuge fan of American Sci-fi and Japanese Robot Anime.
Anyway, has anyone played super robot wars before? Just askin', coz its awesome.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
This one's tricky, because a lot of "sci fi" stories could be described fantasy stories- Star wars and Dr Who both gloss over physics and introduce impossible elements with no attempt to explain how they might work, or give the impression that they might one day exist.
Doctor Who approaches everything with the assumption that it's all based on science. They don't explain everything, but psychic abilities and artifacts that basically grant wishes are theoretically based on unbelievably advanced technology.

Star Wars, on the other hand, is about wizards in space. I blame it more than anything else for there being confusion about what constitutes sci-fi, because it looks like sci-fi but isn't. Trying to make it more sci-fi by introducing midichlorians was generally considered the dumbest idea in any of the movies.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Guess I will be dusting off my +2 holy Slosher of Sci-Fi fan slaying.

Padre

Pro Squid
I would pick sci-fi. It usually has more to offer in the long run. And modern science is science fiction too. :)

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I love LOZ but I'll have to go with sci-fi! I'm more interested in space-themed stuff :^)
I feel like this will be a pretty good splatfest though! Both options are really good so the popularity vote could go either way (which means less mirror matches haha).

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Not sure what's up with my NoA friendlist. Hasn't been this unbalanced since Mayo vs Ketchup.

Bunch of silly fantasy dreamers! :p

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Well, it's once again time for some more splatfest street capturography. Let's see what's to be found.

You fool, that doesn't help me choose! Magic portals or science portals?!

Make believe? Pah! I rather make stuff!

Like making a Pearl-bot with a smaller forehead! =p

Enchantress! *hisssss* You and your chances of winning are both fantasies! *sob*

Bards with stringy lutes by candlelight? Nah, gimme djs with dope beats by laserlight!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Think I'll side with Team Fantasy on this one. A tough call, but I think I prefer hacking away at Generic Dragon #44917 and Generic Demons #738-768 over shooting down Generic Alien Mothership #52.

Right, give me about a day and I'll be in fighting form. Hopefully we won't let Marina down yet again.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Well, it's once again time for some more splatfest street capturography. Let's see what's to be found.

You fool, that doesn't help me choose! Magic portals or science portals?!

Make believe? Pah! I rather make stuff!

Like making a Pearl-bot with a smaller forehead! =p

Enchantress! *hisssss* You and your chances of winning are both fantasies! *sob*

Bards with stringy lutes by candlelight? Nah, gimme djs with dope beats by laserlight!
...And not a single D&D reference in sight, I'm greatly saddened... If I was skilled enough to make art on the plaza I'll be making a bunch references right now and would more then likely add a bit of a Sci-fi into the mix... I have many ideas for this theme but I lack the artistic talent to make it. :\

Ansible

Community Ambassador
...And not a single D&D reference in sight, I'm greatly saddened... If I was skilled enough to make art on the plaza I'll be making a bunch references right now and would more then likely add a bit of a Sci-fi into the mix... I have many ideas for this theme but I lack the artistic talent to make it. :\
Give them time, they're busy rolling their drawing stats,

Dog King

Full Squid
Team fantasy all the way! From LoTR, to mythology, to good ol' D&D, how could I chose anything else? I'll raise my sword any day to fight for Fantasy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom