• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Game Mode: Salmon Run

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Online play, on the other hand, is event-based and can be enjoyed during times when Grizzco Industries is open for business.
That... doesn't sound too good. Then again this can be interpreted differently. Is there any info out there that is more specific about when and how you can play Salmon Run online?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That U.S. tumblr post is the most detail I've come across regarding online Salmon Run.

Reactions: Ulk

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
That U.S. tumblr post is the most detail I've come across regarding online Salmon Run.
Hm, so there is reason to fear. At least for now. The info was nonetheless extremely helpful though. Thanks for sharing.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Should I be updating the first post with things that we know already? 0u0

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yo~♫

Thought I swing by and drop off this bit of news for yall. Did some digital wandering and was directed to the NintendoTreehouse umblr blog. There's this post regarding Salmon Run from a member of their marketing team. And here's an important note I'm quoting from him:
Online play, on the other hand, is event-based and can only be enjoyed during times when Grizzco Industries is open for business. In the original Splatoon, Splatfests changed up the online gameplay cycle with a special event every few weeks. Salmon Run will similarly change up the cycle in Splatoon 2, and with greater frequency than Splatfests. To be clear though, Salmon Run will be an additional way to play online; it won’t remove the 4v4 modes from the rotation. In online Salmon Run, you can choose to be matched with friends or to be matched with random players online. You can also voice chat with friends while playing via the Nintendo Switch Online smart-device app. In addition, the rewards you earn in online play will vary from those earned in local play (more on rewards to share soon!).
Well... uh...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rea~ally hoping we can still have Splatfests still!

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Yo~♫

Thought I swing by and drop off this bit of news for yall. Did some digital wandering and was directed to the NintendoTreehouse umblr blog. There's this post regarding Salmon Run from a member of their marketing team. And here's an important note I'm quoting from him:

Well... uh...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rea~ally hoping we can still have Splatfests still!
Considering the last game's success and fanfare over Splatfets, it would be a sin not to have them, unless Grizzco is hyped up and all out like the Splatfests were, but it doesn't seem that way.

In other news, I'm okay with what they've said. It has accessibility, although limited, which will make people keep playing. Not only that, but it seems that there'll be decent enough frequency so that we won't be waiting and waiting forever. Also, some people were curious about only playing with friends, but I personally will enjoy playing with Randos when the time calls for it. It'll let people who don't have many people to play with still have the same fun.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...the rewards you earn in online play will vary from those earned in local play (more on rewards to share soon!)
Does this mean unique LAN salmon run rewards?
Or (the more likely) a game commodity reward; like a sea snail or just in-game cash? =/

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm assuming any rewards from local play are going to be far lesser, if not piddly. How unbalanced would it be if people who are able to get together locally then farm the hell out of Salmon Run, while the people who can only play online have to wait for it to pop up?

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I only played the story mode in the first game by only renting it because I am not a huge fan of PvP...too much ego involved. I realized really late that I missed out on a great game though and decided before even learning of Salmon Run to buy Splatoon 2 and NOW I am over the moon happy! I LOVE the idea of a PvE mode. Knowing what little I know about it now, I DO hope in the future we can wear our custom gear instead of those dumb orange hazmat suits...and during E3 it sounded like we could only use GrizzCo's pre selected weapons....I would like that to change too so we can use what we are proficient with/love. I also hope they add a LOT more to that mode during the games life. Many more maps, some new enemy types, perhaps alternate objectives like simply wiping out all of the enemy. I think this mode will get a lot of love just like turf wars did in the original.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
We just got some recent information on the game as a whole, but they pointed out that Salmon Run will be available "after reaching level 4". This implies that it will be online all the time?? I'm very confused by the devs at this point, and I don't have the link on me right now, but this is exciting!!

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Yeah I very recently read special online events. This is a mistake and hopefully they see that. I don't have 3 r/l friends to play salmon run with offline...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom