Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
its startup definitely needs to be slowed down, was being sarcastic in my post. a slower startup wouldn't even make the special feel worse to use, it would just make it more fair to react to, it should definitely be done. the splash damage radius is a bit silly but i don't even really think it's super necessary to change it (though i'd be perfectly happy if they did too, the special is so overtuned you could nerf so many aspects of it and it would still be good)
though i think i heard recently that it's possible they haven't nerfed that because they never included an easily adjustable parameter to do so? so it would require some rewriting of trizooka code, to a certain extent. obviously at this point though they should just get it over with and do the rewrite anyway because it is desperately needed

also i'd like to amend one of my previous posts here. bubbler cheese very well might be a thing lol i Massively misremembered how big a bubbler can be. so rip solo zones if that is a thing (zones was never my favorite mode anyway i stay winning)
well, in rainmaker I usually do solo q and I seem to be the only one to have the trizooka special and I usually start it a bit far back and manage to put in the correct trajectory and 50% of the time I managed to get 2 splats on it

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
I didn't even know Splash Wall was considered important enough for so many nerfs. I'm surprised it wasn't just a blanket nerf (Damage buff? It's kind of both) instead of just applying to such specific weapons. I guess short range, no protection meta is upon us? Maybe it was to counteract Reeflux's buff considering Reef Deco probably will see some more play with the Reefslider and Mid-air recharge buff.

Last edited:

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
Fun fact I once got a friend request from a guy called "IH8usomuch" and I played with them again later only for them to send me ANOTHER ONE called "Sry4mysalt" like wow the character development lmao
I wish I was good enough to get friend request harassments. I know it's probably a serious issue but somebody getting so mad that they change their entire username to bypass Nintendo's stupid friend system is extremely funny to me.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
I didn't even know Splash Wall was considered important enough for so many nerfs. I'm surprised it wasn't just a blanket nerf (Damage buff? It's kind of both) instead of just applying to such specific weapons. I guess short range, no protection meta is upon us? Maybe it was to counteract Reeflux's buff considering Reef Deco probably will see some more play with the Reefslider and Mid-air recharge buff.
honestly i think the fact that they listed every single weapon that got that change as its own list entry makes the changes seem like a much bigger deal than it will be. they take up a huge amount of space on the patch notes, but realistically, is it even gonna change anything? like, if you're playing a .52 gal, and you see a jr run up to your splash wall... yeah it's gonna shred it 10% faster, but. you can still just shoot it in the face through your wall. the jr still dies when you do that
they did this change to specifically a ton of very short range weapons, but really i don't think this will turn the tides in favor of those weapons compared to any existing splash wall weapon. it barely counts as a nerf for splash wall, especially because even if we assume these changes are impactful, it still requires you to encounter one of those weapons in the first place for the change to even be seen

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
I'm too busy to get into detail but I actually really like this patch, even though vMachine is still stuck in 220p jail.
Accept that Hydra is the better Slosh, 190p Booyah goes hard

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I am a bit confused on the squeezer change
like I get its intended to make turbo controllers not work as well but I don't really don't get why this needed to be changed
That is one effect of the change, but that's not the only effect. Try messing around with H-3 or L-3 in the lobby and try to shoot at the fastest fire rate possible. It's actually pretty difficult. These weapons would be a lot easier to play if you could spam the button and always get the max fire rate, but if you do this they actually shoot slower. If you click zr even a frame before the weapon can shoot again, it just doesn't shoot as soon. This will now apply to squeezer as well. It's actually a pretty big nerf.

Cephalobro

The only times in which the Hydra is good in Salmon Run are situational at best. If you can't keep a distance between yourself and a crowd of Salmonids, then the Hydra is as good as useless, it's supposed to be a weapon capable of decimating crowds of Salmonids, not weak charges that barely splat like one or two Salmonids at a time. But given the random nature of Salmon Run, the only way in which the Hydra can be good is if your co-workers keep the Salmonids off of you from behind or side.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
The only times in which the Hydra is good in Salmon Run are situational at best. If you can't keep a distance between yourself and a crowd of Salmonids, then the Hydra is as good as useless, it's supposed to be a weapon capable of decimating crowds of Salmonids, not weak charges that barely splat like one or two Salmonids at a time. But given the random nature of Salmon Run, the only way in which the Hydra can be good is if your co-workers keep the Salmonids off of you from behind or side.
ok, that and I just suck at splatlings

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
You're kidding, right? Hydra does 900 DPS off a full charge. Just stay close to the basket and keep yourself safe while you shred everything around you.

Cephalobro

The problem is, that full charge is extremely rare, both due to the fact that you'll most likely be bombarded with missiles, stingrays, and drizzle and the fact that your teammates will most likely not cover you. If the Hydra kept the charge when going into swim form, then a full charge would be a lot less rare, but unfortunately, going into swim form takes away all of the Hydra's charge.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
The problem is, that full charge is extremely rare, both due to the fact that you'll most likely be bombarded with missiles, stingrays, and drizzle and the fact that your teammates will most likely not cover you. If the Hydra kept the charge when going into swim form, then a full charge would be a lot less rare, but unfortunately, going into swim form takes away all of the Hydra's charge.
yeah, that's the reason why it's kinda suitable for salmon run

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I'm going to add something about the new patch and the state of the meta in general right now. I know this can be kind of a touch subject and that a lot of people want the .52 gal nerfed right now, but I really don't think it should be and I'll give my reasons. It hasn't been touched since last game and in that time a ton of other options around it have been buffed, on top of which a lot of weapons just got better against the vanilla kit's splash wall.

However, my main concern is that if you nerf the .52, you open the door for the Glooga Dualies to take its place. I know this might sound crazy, but hear me out. In their entire history, the Gloogas have gotten nothing but buffs without a single nerf and on top of that, the vanilla kit is identical to that of the hated K52 kit. On top of that, the Deco Gloogas have the exact same kit as the Neo Machine, which is Sensor and Zooka. And like I said earlier, I believe power creep is starting to catch up with the .52. That advantages it has over other shooters and even other weapon classes has narrowed considerably, with a bunch of weapons getting huge buffs, and a few overtuned weapons getting some nerfs. In conclusion, I basically think it would be a big mistake to nerf the .52 just because it's considered meta right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom