New patch

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
TRIPLE SCALES RAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

So happy Barnacle & Dime will finally be complete, that stage felt the most like it was just straight-up missing geometry. The one (1) Inkbrush buff is nice, I guess? I'm like 55000 points away from a 5 star though so uh too little too late for me. At least then I'll have free space to try out the decavitator a bunch >:)

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
This whole balance patch makes it seem as if they're focusing on buffing weaker options, at least for specials and main weapons.
It feels very late to start doing that but it's better than not doing it all.
  • The amount of weapons that got a 10% increase in their damage against Splash Wall instead of just decreasing the HP of the sub is also just very funny but I'll take any Splash Wall nerfs.
  • cLiter pfs nerf makes sense but I expected more pfs changes.
  • I have no idea how that Slider buff is supposed to work but I guess we'll see soon.
  • Ink Vac buff is nice but I don't like their reasoning for using it as a panic option.
  • WHERE IS THE ZOOKA NERF??

Grushi

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Zap sure has been winning this game's life cycle. First the huge 17 percent accuracy buff along with Shot, then the minor damage buff to 30, and now this. On top of the faster fire rate, now it actually has something that makes it stand out a little more from Shot, and that's staying accurate slightly longer before it begins degrading and you have to reset. This will really help its fighting capabilities and I can't wait to test it.
Surprisingly I don't really mind that buff. I feek like n-zap's really healthy for the game right now, as the only viable aggro cooler weapon (R.I.P Tri Nouveau, 2023-2023), and the main weapon isn't *that* good at fighting. I mean I'm not asking for .52 2.0 but it could use a bit of help.

I have no idea if they're buffing it intentionally though, maybe they want it to rival tri nouveau better? I'm not sure

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Surprisingly I don't really mind that buff. I feek like n-zap's really healthy for the game right now, as the only viable aggro cooler weapon (R.I.P Tri Nouveau, 2023-2023), and the main weapon isn't *that* good at fighting. I mean I'm not asking for .52 2.0 but it could use a bit of help.

I have no idea if they're buffing it intentionally though, maybe they want it to rival tri nouveau better? I'm not sure
Tri needs a 3rd kit so it can escape 210p cooler jail.

:pancakes:

Inkling
Or Toxic Mist needs a buff.
A lot of kit issues would be alleviated if weak subs and specials were stronger. The only offenders left would be things like vUnder.
which seems to be the direction that the patch is going, so hopefully mid season is more of this. & maybe even if we don't get content extension, do we have any reason to believe balance patches are stopping this season?

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
I am a bit confused on the squeezer change
like I get its intended to make turbo controllers not work as well but I don't really don't get why this needed to be changed

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
This whole balance patch makes it seem as if they're focusing on buffing weaker options, at least for specials and main weapons.
It feels very late to start doing that but it's better than not doing it all.
  • The amount of weapons that got a 10% increase in their damage against Splash Wall instead of just decreasing the HP of the sub is also just very funny but I'll take any Splash Wall nerfs.
  • cLiter pfs nerf makes sense but I expected more pfs changes.
  • I have no idea how that Slider buff is supposed to work but I guess we'll see soon.
  • Ink Vac buff is nice but I don't like their reasoning for using it as a panic option.
  • WHERE IS THE ZOOKA NERF??
zooka doesn't deserve a nerf, it's fine how it is

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Zooka very much needs nerfs. It's the next best special in the game after Tacticooler, but without real meaningful counterplay to respond to it. It's the jumpscare special, and that feels awful to deal with.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Zooka very much needs nerfs. It's the next best special in the game after Tacticooler, but without real meaningful counterplay to respond to it. It's the jumpscare special, and that feels awful to deal with.
I use hero shot replica in Rainmaker and I don't even see anything wrong with zooka

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean one doesn't exist, especially when you're not playing at the highest level of competitive tournaments.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean one doesn't exist, especially when you're not playing at the highest level of competitive tournaments.
tell me what's wrong with zooka and then I can compare it to how I play,(reason why if the nerf affects damage or range then I will be screwed)

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
You basically cannot react to Trizooka's first shot because of how quickly it goes out and moves through the air after you activate the special. You COULD, it's technically not impossible, but the amount of things you need to focus on during a match of Splatoon and the amount you'd need to put into being ready for someone to use the special is too much for even top players to handle. For slower main weapons this would also need to include not firing because too much cooldown can mean you straight up don't have the time to get ready.

Beyond that, even after the nerf it's not too bad to chip people to death with the outer hitbox. A special with this much range should not be this consistent at killing people.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
You basically cannot react to Trizooka's first shot because of how quickly it goes out and moves through the air after you activate the special. You COULD, it's technically not impossible, but the amount of things you need to focus on during a match of Splatoon and the amount you'd need to put into being ready for someone to use the special is too much for even top players to handle. For slower main weapons this would also need to include not firing because too much cooldown can mean you straight up don't have the time to get ready.

Beyond that, even after the nerf it's not too bad to chip people to death with the outer hitbox. A special with this much range should not be this consistent at killing people.
yeah well, then they can reduce the splash radius of each shot when it hits a wall or the ground but keep the damage because if they mess around with damage points because it's supposed to be a support special that I am way too over aggressive on they will be hearing many complaints on how weak it is and that they want the damage back to normal. (Zooka is one of the many specials that I am aggressive on)

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
Hope Squeezer doesn't feel bad to use after these changes, though it totally deserved a nerf. If the stage changes are good this could end up being one of the best patches I think 👀

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i got a hilarious clip the other day where i had my inkjet ready hiding behind some cover and the frame i activated my special someone else popped their trizooka and shot in my direction and it was literally impossible for me to stop my inkjet from rising directly into their shot. beautiful special design we love trizooka startup

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
i got a hilarious clip the other day where i had my inkjet ready hiding behind some cover and the frame i activated my special someone else popped their trizooka and shot in my direction and it was literally impossible for me to stop my inkjet from rising directly into their shot. beautiful special design we love trizooka startup
yas we do! Zooka doesn't deserve a buff except for the splash radius of impact

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
its startup definitely needs to be slowed down, was being sarcastic in my post. a slower startup wouldn't even make the special feel worse to use, it would just make it more fair to react to, it should definitely be done. the splash damage radius is a bit silly but i don't even really think it's super necessary to change it (though i'd be perfectly happy if they did too, the special is so overtuned you could nerf so many aspects of it and it would still be good)
though i think i heard recently that it's possible they haven't nerfed that because they never included an easily adjustable parameter to do so? so it would require some rewriting of trizooka code, to a certain extent. obviously at this point though they should just get it over with and do the rewrite anyway because it is desperately needed

also i'd like to amend one of my previous posts here. bubbler cheese very well might be a thing lol i Massively misremembered how big a bubbler can be. so rip solo zones if that is a thing (zones was never my favorite mode anyway i stay winning)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom