New patch

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
I'm going to add something about the new patch and the state of the meta in general right now. I know this can be kind of a touch subject and that a lot of people want the .52 gal nerfed right now, but I really don't think it should be and I'll give my reasons. It hasn't been touched since last game and in that time a ton of other options around it have been buffed, on top of which a lot of weapons just got better against the vanilla kit's splash wall.

However, my main concern is that if you nerf the .52, you open the door for the Glooga Dualies to take its place. I know this might sound crazy, but hear me out. In their entire history, the Gloogas have gotten nothing but buffs without a single nerf and on top of that, the vanilla kit is identical to that of the hated K52 kit. On top of that, the Deco Gloogas have the exact same kit as the Neo Machine, which is Sensor and Zooka. And like I said earlier, I believe power creep is starting to catch up with the .52. That advantages it has over other shooters and even other weapon classes has narrowed considerably, with a bunch of weapons getting huge buffs, and a few overtuned weapons getting some nerfs. In conclusion, I basically think it would be a big mistake to nerf the .52 just because it's considered meta right now.
would it be a bad thing for gloogas to be better than .52 though? gloogas are a lot more obviously exploitable of a weapon, it's not like people aren't choosing it just because .52 is good (in fact, my impression is that it's midlines like squeezer that are keeping gloogas out of the meta, not .52)
gloogas are Not an overpowered option in the game right now, and .52 being stupidly good has nothing to do with it

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I'm going to add something about the new patch and the state of the meta in general right now. I know this can be kind of a touch subject and that a lot of people want the .52 gal nerfed right now, but I really don't think it should be and I'll give my reasons. It hasn't been touched since last game and in that time a ton of other options around it have been buffed, on top of which a lot of weapons just got better against the vanilla kit's splash wall.

However, my main concern is that if you nerf the .52, you open the door for the Glooga Dualies to take its place. I know this might sound crazy, but hear me out. In their entire history, the Gloogas have gotten nothing but buffs without a single nerf and on top of that, the vanilla kit is identical to that of the hated K52 kit. On top of that, the Deco Gloogas have the exact same kit as the Neo Machine, which is Sensor and Zooka. And like I said earlier, I believe power creep is starting to catch up with the .52. That advantages it has over other shooters and even other weapon classes has narrowed considerably, with a bunch of weapons getting huge buffs, and a few overtuned weapons getting some nerfs. In conclusion, I basically think it would be a big mistake to nerf the .52 just because it's considered meta right now.
My brother in squid, Gloogas should be the better option.
.52 has literally no weaknesses to play off of, not a single bad matchup, while Gloogas have to dodge roll to get their two-shot and can be punished if they're not careful. The kGal kit is not that big a deal, the problem was .52, not the Wall/Booyah combo. If Splattershot or Slosher or even Squeezer had been the one to get that kit, it wouldn't have been nearly as oppressive. The vGlooga kit is fine.

.52 is completely overtuned, awfully designed, way too luck-based and easy, and needs to be brought down at least one peg.
If you ask me, it should get a 1 frame slower fire rate nerf. That way it can keep its buffs from Splatoon 2.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
My brother in squid, Gloogas should be the better option.
.52 has literally no weaknesses to play off of, not a single bad matchup, while Gloogas have to dodge roll to get their two-shot and can be punished if they're not careful. The kGal kit is not that big a deal, the problem was .52, not the Wall/Booyah combo. If Splattershot or Slosher or even Squeezer had been the one to get that kit, it wouldn't have been nearly as oppressive. The vGlooga kit is fine.

.52 is completely overtuned, awfully designed, way too luck-based and easy, and needs to be brought down at least one peg.
If you ask me, it should get a 1 frame slower fire rate nerf. That way it can keep its buffs from Splatoon 2.
.52 is way too o.p same with .96

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
I
That is one effect of the change, but that's not the only effect. Try messing around with H-3 or L-3 in the lobby and try to shoot at the fastest fire rate possible. It's actually pretty difficult. These weapons would be a lot easier to play if you could spam the button and always get the max fire rate, but if you do this they actually shoot slower. If you click zr even a frame before the weapon can shoot again, it just doesn't shoot as soon. This will now apply to squeezer as well. It's actually a pretty big nerf.
I think it might also be an accessibility thing, considering I would imagine Squeezer to be pretty rough on some people's hands. Now if only Inkbrush also gets this change.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I
I think it might also be an accessibility thing, considering I would imagine Squeezer to be pretty rough on some people's hands. Now if only Inkbrush also gets this change.
...I don't think you understand the change. This doesn't make you need to spam zr slower. It just means you have to do it precisely as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom