New patch

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
The REEF-LUX buff is something I wish they’d give to more weapons, specifically Mini & Bamboo

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
The REEF-LUX buff is something I wish they’d give to more weapons, specifically Mini & Bamboo
Mini maybe, but the Bamboo already charges so insanely fast I don't think it really needs it.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Also, about darn time they finally buffed the Grizzco Dualies directly, I was getting really tired of Salmonids not being splatted sooner.

Mili

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
I like this patch, reeflux is a really fun weapon for me and giving it the squiffer buff it's such a win for me.
The wall thing was funny.
Nothing much outside of that, I think the weapons I use are mostly fine even if I would like some stuff, but I really enjoy the game as is and I'm incredibly excited for both new weapons and new kits

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
I'm really curious how big a gap there is between "Changed terrain in all modes" and "Slightly changed terrain in all modes". Like what do they consider minor here?

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Another awesome addition: Items that can be exchanged for scales.

Heck yeah, I appreciate that! You know I do!

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
View attachment 11669
nintendo acknowledges that the "send friend requests to players you recently played with" feature is only really used to sarcastically insult other players lol
wait... is this actually a thing D: I always assumed they were genuine and didn't pay attention to the names because people just have weird names sometimes and now I am questioning every friend I ever thought I made :C

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
wait... is this actually a thing D: I always assumed they were genuine and didn't pay attention to the names because people just have weird names sometimes and now I am questioning every friend I ever thought I made :C
if it's any comfort, while it's a thing it's definitely not a universal thing. i've had plenty of folks friend me after matches and i haven't had anybody use friend requests to taunt me so far. from what i've seen (via others' screenshots) and heard anecdotally people who do this don't like to be subtle about it, they'll outright change their names to "u suck" or something along those lines

and if anyone's tried to taunt you via friend request and it didn't even register as a taunt for you, they're kind of... bad at taunting, lol

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
NO WAY BUBBLE ZONES CHEESES NOW. NO WAY PLEASE. PLEASE.

JUNIOR WILL BE SO CANCER IN SOLO. NO NO NO WHY
It’s seeming like this is the timeline we’re on, judging by the overhead shot in the season trailer and the Decavitator showcase vid

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i think it's worth saying that bubbler cheese will not be anywhere near as effective as any of the other zones cheeses we have, the radius just doesn't compare to reefslider or ink vac (i think even minimum size ink vac shot is bigger than the bubbler's floor radius, and afaik a minimum size ink vac shot isn't particularly effective at capping anything); in fact, it barely compares to a suction bomb, i believe. worst case is that some jrs and mints will get to pause a zone timer on their own, but i doubt they'll be able to instantly cap it (though admittedly they do have. a bubbler. to help with that. so idk)

it's honestly hard to judge the quality of the patch just from the notes because a huge amount of this patch are nothing changes, but another huge amount of the patch are stage changes, which are pretty much the only thing we can't gleam the quality of just from notes. if the stage changes are all good and actually impactful then good patch, if not then pretty boring patch

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
i think it's worth saying that bubbler cheese will not be anywhere near as effective as any of the other zones cheeses we have, the radius just doesn't compare to reefslider or ink vac (i think even minimum size ink vac shot is bigger than the bubbler's floor radius, and afaik a minimum size ink vac shot isn't particularly effective at capping anything); in fact, it barely compares to a suction bomb, i believe. worst case is that some jrs and mints will get to pause a zone timer on their own, but i doubt they'll be able to instantly cap it (though admittedly they do have. a bubbler. to help with that. so idk)

it's honestly hard to judge the quality of the patch just from the notes because a huge amount of this patch are nothing changes, but another huge amount of the patch are stage changes, which are pretty much the only thing we can't gleam the quality of just from notes. if the stage changes are all good and actually impactful then good patch, if not then pretty boring patch
Do we have any idea for how much it paints? I was thinking it was going to be a pretty small amount so I wasn't worried about any sort of zones cheese on it.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Do we have any idea for how much it paints? I was thinking it was going to be a pretty small amount so I wasn't worried about any sort of zones cheese on it.
it fills the entire bubble, it can barely be seen in the overview shot in the season trailer if you frame advance
before / after:
1717041721-Splatoon_3_-_Sizzle_Season_2024_-_Nintendo_Switch_.png
1717041730-Splatoon_3_-_Sizzle_Season_2024_-_Nintendo_Switch_.png

notice how the pink ink behind the player gets filled in when the bubble appears, which seems to be a perfect circle within its radius
(i realize this is probably barely intelligible as splatoon gameplay and the player is nigh invisible but trust that there are things in these pictures)

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
it fills the entire bubble, it can barely be seen in the overview shot in the season trailer if you frame advance
before / after:
View attachment 11671 View attachment 11672
notice how the pink ink behind the player gets filled in when the bubble appears, which seems to be a perfect circle within its radius
(i realize this is probably barely intelligible as splatoon gameplay and the player is nigh invisible but trust that there are things in these pictures)
Oh damn, I'm still not too worried about it though. You at least have to get on zone to get any paint on it with Big Bubbler.

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Zap sure has been winning this game's life cycle. First the huge 17 percent accuracy buff along with Shot, then the minor damage buff to 30, and now this. On top of the faster fire rate, now it actually has something that makes it stand out a little more from Shot, and that's staying accurate slightly longer before it begins degrading and you have to reset. This will really help its fighting capabilities and I can't wait to test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom