New Splatfest announced. What would you do at the end of the world?

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I genuinely can’t see the logic behind same ol’, like, why??? what do you just wanna sit in your room till you die? at least do something make the most of your last day on earth y’know, like you can literally do anything you want without any consequences, LITERALLY ANYTHING for 1 day. light a building on fire or something idk, let your intrusive thoughts win

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS THEME it's so weirdly morbid. i'm all here for it !!!
this is a hard one to answer. i wouldn't want to just sit around like i usually do, but it's not like i'd have time to do the more extravagant things on my bucket list. to hell with trying to survive, i ain't that lucky
if i were to be realistic, it'd probably be a fairly normal day for me, just with the inclusion of saying goodbye to everything i once loved. and probably a lot of airing grievances with certain people

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Exciting news! A new Splatfest theme has been revealed: "What would you do at the end of the world?" It's a thought-provoking question that's sure to spark intense debate among Inklings and Octolings alike. Will you fight to save what remains, or embrace the chaos with open tentacles? Get ready to ink your choice and battle it out in the ultimate apocalypse showdown!
And then people claim AI will take over the world

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
New splatfest theme: What will cause the world to end: natural disasters (meteors or caused by climate change), war amongst ourselves, or AI going rogue. (ignore that this makes very little sense in the context of the mollusk era).

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
saving the world sounds too complicated and my bucket list has too many long-term goals.

I think I'd rather just take a nap. I'm too eepy for the other options.

Also I think it's just funny looking imminent doom in the eyes and just going honk shoo mimimimimii

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
New splatfest theme: What will cause the world to end: natural disasters (meteors or caused by climate change), war amongst ourselves, or AI going rogue. (ignore that this makes very little sense in the context of the mollusk era).
ok you joke but hear me out. i think it could, theoretically, make sense, both as something from the fax machine and a debate inkfish of the mollusk era would understand

for the former i think it’d be kind of a banger final-final-final fest topic. like, this is the last big debate humans sent out to get received by the fax machine thousands of years later - they’re watching the world they know crumble before their eyes and they’re debating, hey, which world-ending threat will be the one to actually do us in? (rogue AI being the odd one out because at least to my lore knowledge that’s the only one that wasn’t involved in ending the mammalian era, but maybe hypothetical humans arguing for it are doing so in a self-aware way - like yeah the war and the disasters are looking like they’ll kill us all, but wouldn’t it be funny if…)

for the latter, all these things have been threats in the relatively recent past (mollusk era). the rogue AI option is once again the odd one out because only certain people know about all that, but rising sea levels and war are more common knowledge i’d assume - i bet the average inkfish could imagine either of those (or natural disasters/climate change in general, not necessarily sea levels specifically) becoming apocalyptic. or rogue AI, why not

Hokuto

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
I was actually faced with this decision once. (IRL event with Political Implications™) During the Great False Alarm of 2018, I spent what was supposed to be my last 20 minutes in one piece eating breakfast and chatting online with my high school friends. Seeing the alert saying "impending doom ahead" (not verbatim, of course) felt too strange to be real; I just happened to get lucky and be correct. Therefore, despite being a Big Man fan and my Agent of Chaos vibing with "Save the Day," in practice I am required to choose "Same Ol'" because apparently that's what I would do.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
[...] i think it’d be kind of a banger final-final-final fest topic. like, this is the last big debate humans sent out to get received by the fax machine thousands of years later - they’re watching the world they know crumble before their eyes and they’re debating, hey, which world-ending threat will be the one to actually do us in?
Wooow this is so chilling actually I love this so much. Especially juxtaposed with the weirdness of there being a literal festival and silly ink games thousands of years later over it.

I know this won't happen but wouldn't it be wild if this was the first of a series of splatfests surrounding this topic and it did actually end with a question like this (maybe coinciding with the final big run and them being related somehow I dunno)

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
ai is the very last thing i want to end this world

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
idk what to pick, bucket list or save the world...

help me pick

BeckyXP

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her
View attachment 11394

Personally going with bucket list because if the world is ending I can just do a bunch of things I normally wouldn't do and won't have to live with the consequences.
Same 'ol. I've got nothing only bucket list and I'm too much of a coward to save the day.

spindash

Inkster Jr.
i'm kinda torn! i know, realistically i would sleep through it because i don't want to feel pain when i die. but i want to be chaotic before going out in flames. if we're all gonna die, what better time is there to set **** on fire? would this be bucket list??

spindash

Inkster Jr.
but saving the world is very appealing... going out in a blaze of glory, even if we do end up failing. if i get to punch someone in the face for it it's worth it. i think i'll be with big man on this one

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
see what i'd like to do is bucket list (or maybe save the day/survive if i think there's hope there), but realistically the impending doom wouldn't give me the motivation to do all that, so i'd end up doing the same ol'...

might end up picking based on friend choices/ink color/fest dialogue for this one. don't get me wrong i like the theme, it's just a hard one for me to answer lol
y’know i said all this but now i’m realizing that “the other options would be cool but i’d be too depressed to do anything but same ol’, realistically” is probably the saddest possible way to pick a splatfest team, lol. so i think i’m not picking same ol’ after all

starting to lean towards save the day, actually. because i’m stubborn and i don’t know when to quit. 👍 but i’m not fully decided yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom