• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NEXT SPLATFEST ANNOUNCED! Cars Vs Planes! (NA)

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
TIME TO HUG MY CAR ENTHUSIAST HUSBAND WOOOOO

My husband said just now "my car instincts were correct". Right you are hubby.

Relados

Senior Squid
Anyone else sorely disappointed in Team Planes' performance?

Started playing at around 9 last night, in the first 16 matches, 15 matches had at least one player leave and 14 of them were losses.

Kinda glad Cars won, I'm willing to take the loss knowing that those who made me waste three hours of my life suffered as well.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I feel that this was first splatfest I didn't really care who win. I did a pretty good job but I keep going against planes and got a lot of disconnecting.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
GG everyone. Still can't believe we took it again. Seems popularity doesn't carry the weight it used to, which is good or bad, depending on the contexts.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Never bring port mackerel back to splatfest again. it's terrible and invalidates so many weapons(such as the inkbrush..) it also coincidentally appeared all the time. that said after several interrupted hours and frustratingly dealing with disconnecting team mates i got to car Kars queen via wrecking faces with my bucket(trislosher)
Brushes are still useable on Mackerel, you just need to stay aware of INKOMING KILLER WAILS.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
GG everyone. Still can't believe we took it again. Seems popularity doesn't carry the weight it used to, which is good or bad, depending on the contexts.
Since the August update, the win percentage matters more by 4x instead of 2x. If it was still 2x, I think Cars would've lost that one, but barely (144 to 156 prepatch).

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Since the August update, the win percentage matters more by 4x instead of 2x. If it was still 2x, I think Cars would've lost that one, but barely (144 to 156 prepatch).
yeah, i know. but 64% is a considerable popularity lead. it doesn't matter either way, though. i like it when games are close.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I was a few wins away myself but I just gave up when there was less than half an hour left. Would have loved all 24 snails.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
I just stomach it through, especially since I had a few hours to get it done on Saturdays since I work on those days all the time. Did three hours on the start and got King after I got off of work. Autobots was a near miss for my King rank but it didn't matter since it was a lost from the moment I picked it.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Anyone else sorely disappointed in Team Planes' performance?

Started playing at around 9 last night, in the first 16 matches, 15 matches had at least one player leave and 14 of them were losses.

Kinda glad Cars won, I'm willing to take the loss knowing that those who made me waste three hours of my life suffered as well.
I was a bit disappointed by how Team Planes was performing. I was able to find a squad of three people that were very skilled and we stuck together for nearly an hour to two hours. When we went against Team Cars, we usually had a pretty tough fight ahead of us but always managed to pull ahead of Team Cars - even if just barely.

However, during all the times that I faced Team Planes... The same can't be said. We were always destroying them in the battle with a 70% or higher win. It kind of makes me wonder if that's how they were ending battles with Team Car as well. It was great to have the 5 points for the rank but it was sad to see the way we absolutely beat the other Plane members.

In the end, it doesn't surprise me that Team Cars won more battles. They definitely had a lot of skilled players on their side and Team Planes... We had the people but lacked a lot of skill I suppose. Unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom