NEXT SPLATFEST ANNOUNCED! Cars Vs Planes! (NA)

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Is it because NA has such long distances which can't all be driven by car? I try to understand this choosen topic.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
NWPlayer tweeted an image of a team car vs team car lobby, so I wouldn't be too sure.
Possibly there's more planes at a certain time of day, but cars at another?

EDIT: As someone who wanted to use the Dynamo, why the heck did they choose Port Mackerel again? It's been on 3 of the 4 splatfests I done. They still havn't done Arowanna Mall...

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I really hate the map decisions for this Splatfest, we've had Port Mackerel so many times on Splatfests already.

I got to Plane Defender last night just because I was playing when it started, I'll definitely be playing a lot more later, but I did win every match last night.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
It was tweeted around the same time as @Lonely_Dolphin 's comment so no.
Oh, I have not played Splatfest yet by the time I posted. When I played, I definitely saw a lot more team planes.

Unfortunately for me, half the reason I chose planes was that I thought they would be less popular and therefore more fights against the other team.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
It took be about 4 hours to get to cars king. I didn't play against a cars team once. Most of my teams were semi-competent and I only had to leave maybe 4 teams. Definitely less frustrating than last Splatfest and I liked the maps a lot this time (although seekers...omg).

I didn't feel like we won a ton but we won slightly more than we lost.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
It took be about 4 hours to get to cars king. I didn't play against a cars team once. Most of my teams were semi-competent and I only had to leave maybe 4 teams. Definitely less frustrating than last Splatfest and I liked the maps a lot this time (although seekers...omg).

I didn't feel like we won a ton but we won slightly more than we lost.
Same here. I got to Car King in about 3 1/2 hours and I never once had to fight against another group of car supporters even with the rather buggy gameplay experience I had in the middle of it all. Granted, I did run into some shoddy teammates, but being in some excellent teams that simply cleaned house made up for that.

Oh, and of course my requisite vibe at the time I got Car King:
06 King of Cars.jpg

I just barely beat my record from Autobots vs. Decepticons.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Apparently all the bad cars players are on now...I'm on my wife's account and wow...

Also, really laggy. Like, pumping people with 5 or 6 shots from the .52 and they just shrug it off.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Apparently all the bad cars players are on now...I'm on my wife's account and wow...

Also, really laggy. Like, pumping people with 5 or 6 shots from the .52 and they just shrug it off.
yeah. I thought, "why not, i'll play beyond queen, in the morning see how it feels." boy was I wrong.The meta is also showing a bit, too. i've never seen so many teams consisting of eliters, dynamos/carbons, .52s, and .96's. on both sides. krakens and splash walls everywhere.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Based on my experience, that seems to be the case, unless all other teams are having much better luck than I am.

It doesn't help that I D/C from any good team I find after a match.

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, this Splatfest has been a mixed bag so far, and not in a good way. Early on it was pretty decent, but lately it became very, very frustrating. Since I'm a mostly defensive player, the current maps in the rotation do not let me stick to what I like (painting over fighting) and just forces me to constantly engage enemies in close range rather than let me be able to pick my fights (Kelp Dome being a debatable exception), especially on Port Mackerel. I got to Champion and I'll call it quits for now, I don't like being forced to play something I don't enjoy (at least we didn't get Saltspray Rig)

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aaaaaaand queened my Inkling.

Team KARS has some really scary Aerospray users. Props to Clary (L31), and a bunch of doods I've forgotten the usernames of, but you all helped.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd take Rig over Mall or Moray Towers any day of the week,
We'll have to agree to disagree, friend, as Moray Towers is one of my prefered maps (at least when there's no E-Liters, but that goes for all maps anyways); I do hate Arowana Mall too, though :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom