• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest EU+US: Mayo Vs Ketchup

Your choice?

• Mayo

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 45 61.6%

• Total voters

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Red and white ink? Being able to play Salmon Run during splatfest? Everyone in the square being more animated? New splatfest music? And Shifty Station was made by Marina? And what's this 3rd option to join friends?

What's going on here!?! This feels so exciting!

Now if only my aerospray teammates could do more than mindlessly and recklessly sprint around inking everything... ¬¬

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Red and white ink? Being able to play Salmon Run during splatfest? Everyone in the square being more animated? New splatfest music? And Shifty Station was made by Marina? And what's this 3rd option to join friends?
Don't forget the two normal stages now change regularly every two hours. Gotta stay fresh!

If this article is to be believed, they've also re-balanced the Super Sea Snail spoils:
  • Fanboys/-girls: Winners get 3 Snails, losers get only 2.
  • Fiends: Winners get 5, losers get 3.
  • Defenders: Winners get 9, losers 7.
  • Champions: Winners 16, losers 13.
  • Kings/Queens: Winners 24, losers 21.
The Japanese Splatfest has yet to end (in less than one and a half hours, in fact) so these figures should be taken with a grain of salt until we get confirmation. Otherwise, Ninty really wants us to be less salty about Snails and enjoy the festivities!

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Feels good to come back to Splatoon and I'm glad I did. Everything just seems enhanced in some way. I'm with team ketchup and it looks to be the majority in game. I've had so many mirror matches already. So if Splatoon 1 trends still apply, I'm guessing team mayo had this. Who knows though. o3o

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Feels good to come back to Splatoon and I'm glad I did. Everything just seems enhanced in some way. I'm with team ketchup and it looks to be the majority in game. I've had so many mirror matches already. So if Splatoon 1 trends still apply, I'm guessing team mayo had this. Who knows though. o3o
Eh, I wouldn't call it that easily. Now they do a straight tally of who had the majority in the categories of popularity, solo victories and team victories. Whoever wins more of those three categories wins the whole thing, so if Ketchup provides a strong showing in either victory category they'll earn Marina more bragging rights anyway.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Eh, I wouldn't call it that easily. Now they do a straight tally of who had the majority in the categories of popularity, solo victories and team victories. Whoever wins more of those three categories wins the whole thing, so if Ketchup provides a strong showing in either victory category they'll earn Marina more bragging rights anyway.
Oh, it's by catagory now? Interesting. Still, I like that there seems to be more than 1 Splatfest track playing as well as the exclusive stage. I hope that continues in future splatfests.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Good God, they actually have real red ink this time! It... it's a bit of an eyesore, really. Maybe that's why they never used it 'til now.

Also, is Team Mayo's color supposed to be white or yellow? Because the shirt, map, and in-game hues all differ, so I'm not sure what they're intending.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It is the memefest! Aerosprays and Tri-Sloshers as far as the eye can see! Had to break because of salt build-up, maybe tomorrow I can quad with friends and get some allies that don't zerg to center. YOUR DEATH IS NOT GLORIOUS, COMRADES!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I made it to 'Chup Queen!

Not gonna lie, this has been the most fun I had in Turf War in this game. Everything felt more chill, and I was free to experiment with weird weapons at times. Here's hoping others have a great Splatfest too! o7

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It is the memefest! Aerosprays and Tri-Sloshers as far as the eye can see! Had to break because of salt build-up, maybe tomorrow I can quad with friends and get some allies that don't zerg to center. YOUR DEATH IS NOT GLORIOUS, COMRADES!
Possibly the only time when quick respawn may be useful!

I'm in the EU, so i gotta wait it out for a bit before splatfest actually opens. Gonna try to rock the Firefin Charger 'till i reach King.
(The name mayo king gives me giggle fits, sounds like a really bad fast food mascot)

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
It's good not having that much of a pressure to earn 6 more snails anymore. I want to play different weapons and use tickets :)

Oh and Japan is done with their Splatfest, here are the results:

(udiniad from reddit)

Mayo won in two of three categories.

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
The excitement for splatfest is as amazing as it's always been. Heck, Its been so hype, that I finally decided to jump back into the squid community again.

I'm team mayo. More specifically when you turn mayonnaise into tartar sauce. I made me some last night, and it was pretty fantastic =u=

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Question, do the stages change after a certain time like they did during the Testfire-Splatfest?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Somehow started at 1900s. Every time I face a mayo team. Drop to 1700s. Every time I mirror match with ketchup team. Rise to 1800s. Repeat...
This is alike to my experience...so many mirror matches too...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Keeping up with my stats I've barely won over 50% of my matches. And a great many of those victories were mirror matches against Team Ketchup.

Can't really stick with a team for long because every few matches I'd get a "communication error" during the final results screen. Came across quite a bit of lag nonsense, and maybe tick rate issues, throughout my splatfest sessions. Especially in Shifty Station, which jittered greatly whenever you or anyone was on a platform while it was moving.

Sniping someone on or from a platform while it is moving is a terrible idea!

And I actually did a ragequit in a Shifty Station match against Team Mayo. They had two rollers, an octobrush, and a gold aerospray—and lag as a fifth teammate. The lag was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad you'd thought they were hackers! Switching ink color magic tricks. Invincible hamster balls that would suddenly teleport. One hit vertical flicks from charger ranges. Getting ran over before the roller that still had a good five seconds to reach me. Camping a ramp and getting horizontal flicked before the roller even started running up the ramp. An semi-invincible octobrush stuck in mid-swing animation and sliding across the map. The list goes on and my teammates were having the same problems trying to splat them too.

Eventually I just jumped to the home menu during the match then closed the game.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I have only played against mayo a handful of times. Like, I can literally count on one hand how many times I have played against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom