Next US Splatfest: Pirates VS Ninjas

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I think the majority of Squidboards is picking Team Pirates.

What if we're so anti-meta that Team Pirates ends up being the majority?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

That is an interesting thought. Despite my plaza being full of ninja supporters, there is the chance we might end up pulling a popularity surprise by the time the Splatfest gets rolling.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

That is an interesting thought. Despite my plaza being full of ninja supporters, there is the chance we might end up pulling a popularity surprise by the time the Splatfest gets rolling.
The poll on the news thread shows Ninjas have majority: http://squidboards.com/threads/new-na-splatfest-pirates-vs-ninjas-10-30-15.10255/

Besides, I think we only make up a tiny fraction of Splatoon's playerbase.
The amount of people I see with either a Pirate shirt or a Miiverse post supporting Pirates in my Plaza is about the same I saw for Cars.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
You know, piracy is all about teamwork.

Ninjas tend to work alone.

We all know teamwork is critical to winning...
...You think that Team Pirates will actually be cohesive and Team Ninjas will not only have poor players, but poor team synergy as well?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You know, piracy is all about teamwork.

Ninjas tend to work alone.

We all know teamwork is critical to winning...
...You think that Team Pirates will actually be cohesive and Team Ninjas will not only have poor players, but poor team synergy as well?
Although in an enviroment surrounded by people who want the largest rewards possible I think it's more likely to get backstabbed by someone eventually o_O

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'll pick Team Pirates solely because I am a One Piece fan. But we're going to see more Pirate Kings than any other time..Gold Roger's become quite generous postmortem.

Also, that whole "hiding in darkness" thing ninja have? Ain't gonna work with pirates. Do you know why pirates wore eyepatches? It's not because an unusually large number of them lost eyes in combat. It's so that one of their eyes would be adjusted to the darkness if they ever had to fight in the dark decks below.

And I have to pick Team Pirates because I made that dumb little video submission for an ear plugs contest a few years ago...

Having weighed my options, despite being a Brush Ninja...

You know, I was thinking about that song.

Which reminds me, inb4 Miiverse posts saying Pirates can't have any Ninja related things. But that's the beauty of being a Pirate. We do not care about honor.
There had traditionally been an honor system within a crew, at least if you refer to those classical pirates everyone thinks of: Matters were most often settled via vote, and pirate captains had to agree to willingly relinquish his (or her--don't forget female captains like Anne Bonney) position if enough people in the rest of the crew deem the captain unfit. Hence, captains became as such out of respect from his or her crew.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I'll pick Team Pirates solely because I am a One Piece fan. But we're going to see more Pirate Kings than any other time..Gold Roger's become quite generous postmortem.

Also, that whole "hiding in darkness" thing ninja have? Ain't gonna work with pirates. Do you know why pirates wore eyepatches? It's not because an unusually large number of them lost eyes in combat. It's so that one of their eyes would be adjusted to the darkness if they ever had to fight in the dark decks below.

And I have to pick Team Pirates because I made that dumb little video submission for an ear plugs contest a few years ago...

You know, I was thinking about that song.

There had traditionally been an honor system within a crew, at least if you refer to those classical pirates everyone thinks of: Matters were most often settled via vote, and pirate captains had to agree to willingly relinquish his (or her--don't forget female captains like Anne Bonney) position if enough people in the rest of the crew deem the captain unfit. Hence, captains became as such out of respect from his or her crew.
I knew the real reason for the eye patches thanks to reading Cracked a few years ago. And I learned about the voting whenI was reading up on rankings in the Pirate crew but I forgot I made that post which was more of a reaction to "only Team Art can make art Miiverse posts" and the like.

Last edited:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think a large reason that I didn't pick Ninjas is because lately, they've been really popular online it seems and everyone is talking about them. They became like zombies did. They got so popular that now it's just tiring to hear about them. x) So I ended up choosing pirates for that reason and also because I like the freedom that pirates tend to represent.

I (horribly) drew Foxy for my contribution to the Splatfest. :P With a small quote from The Shining to go along with it. :v

SUPERJEM94

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SUPERJEM94
So who do you guys think is going to win? I'm thinking that Pirates are going to win; I feel like a lot of the bad players are going towards Ninja.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
So who do you guys think is going to win? I'm thinking that Pirates are going to win; I feel like a lot of the bad players are going towards Ninja.
I haven't picked a side yet, but I agree with you on this one. Maybe I'll go Pirates.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After reaching Defender with just 4-5 wins, I kind of wish I had picked Pirates; they seem to be enjoying themselves a lot more, even if Ninjas have more E-Liter 3Ks :(

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
After reaching Defender with just 4-5 wins, I kind of wish I had picked Pirates; they seem to be enjoying themselves a lot more, even if Ninjas have more E-Liter 3Ks :(
Really? I seldom seen chargers on my ninja teams (the other as well) and I'm still running a pretty good winning streak with only 1 loss. This is me still jumping in and out whenever I swap gear.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Really? I seldom seen chargers on my ninja teams (the other as well) and I'm still running a pretty good winning streak with only 1 loss. This is me still jumping in and out whenever I swap gear.
I got to Fiend without winning a single round. It may be just me being unlucky, but I don't really want to keep playing if I can't have any fun. It's not that I need to win to have fun, but losing every single time while being the only player on the team with over 600 points aside of Aerosprays isn't that entertaining either (without counting all the disconnects I've seen on team Ninja, me included). At least I got to level up some shoes and got 2 Ink Recovery Up subs out of it :shoes_sht007:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I can't stand all of this Naruto "Believe It!" spam on Miiverse. At lease use a decent Ninja like Ryu Hayabusa or something.

Also, most of the Ninjas I've seen are really, really bad. I feel bad for you guys for having to put up with them.

Reactions: LMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom