Next US Splatfest: Pirates VS Ninjas

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Wow, I'm having a very weird case of tilt in this splatfest and its specific to Camp Triggerfish. Every single time we lose in a close match with a roughly 39-44 split, and every time the game keeps putting me there only for us to lose. Every other map has been a win. Weird. I'm usually not this bad at this map, but somehow either I or the team as a whole keep making one pivotal move to put the Ninjas over on Triggerfish and I can't seem to break out of this vicious cycle, so I'm gonna sit this one out til this passes. :)

Edit: Ok, I get it now. Triggerfish is secretly...A Ninja Camp!

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I had a great team for a while, but eventually lost connection. After that, I repeatedly got put on teams where someone disconnected or people stunk.

I do have a highlight of getting 15 splats (My TW record) with the Rapid Blaster Deco.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Much better than Cars vs. Planes for me. I'll try to get in some time after regionals, but I don't think I can do much as I don't have any candy to hand out, and my Wii U is set up in the family, so I either A, play in the dark, or B, stay in my room with the shades down

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have something like a 75% win rate on Triggerfish due to my Asian Brush technique, so I've been abusing the map to rack up wins for us Pirates.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I lost 3 times in 1.5 hours on team pirate. Ninjas are laden with inexperienced players. Although I have noticed some serious lag at times: teleporting players, killed by snipers behind walls or rollers half a map away. I don't think regional matchmaking is this magic fix people think it is.

I'll have to wait until later to get pirate king. Real life beckons.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Yea, I lost about 12 matches all day today. I'm now at +32.0. I have some fairly unfortunate news for you Ninjas. You may not be pulling this one.

Kaisen11

Inkling
NNID
Kaisen11
Sadly I chose Ninjas. Mainly because I disliked the green they chose >_> I realized once I kept battling my own team for an hour last night... That maybe I should have been a pirate; not to mention, majority last night on Ninjas were doing so damn bad. But I have yet to play this morning, and got to champion last night

Gonna try getting to Queen/ If you see "Mint" That is me! :3 Good luck to everyone!

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Pirates will win for the same reason Team Car won. Most people picked Team Ninja and Team Pirate doesn't have to face the strongest Ninja teams - those fight each other, while weak Ninja teams face Team Pirate.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Pirates will win for the same reason Team Car won. Most people picked Team Ninja and Team Pirate doesn't have to face the strongest Ninja teams - those fight each other, while weak Ninja teams face Team Pirate.
Honestly your theory really doesn't stand up when everything is determined by unbiased RNG. For a more accurate analysis you'd also have to take into consideration demographic, ratio of players among other determining factors. Cars in general seemed to cater to an older more experienced demographic, similar thing can be said with Decepticons since older kids prefer to be evil over the younger demographic.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
You ninjas better spice up your game! I just beat a team of four with only one other player on my team!

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Decepticons won, and I don't know where you pulled Team Car had an older and more experienced demographic.

My theory makes more sense than yours.

You ninjas better spice up your game! I just beat a team of four with only one other player on my team!
Any proof?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Decepticons won, and I don't know where you pulled Team Car had an older and more experienced demographic.

My theory makes more sense than yours.
Higher ratio of experienced players in a player pool = high number of wins. Simple concept. When you take into account the demographic of people that are more likely to pick cars vs those who would pick planes. You may find that planes would attract a younger audience and usually less experienced at the game.

If the ratio of good players to bad players are the same on both teams regardless of the population gap theoretically you would end up with similar win to lose ratios. For instance Cats vs Dogs, Dogs has a commanding lead in population but the win difference was still very small, by 2%.

Though I wished they had kept the win multiplier at 4x, it seemed the most balanced at giving wins a significant role without completely neglecting popularity as a factor.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
GAH the evidence! I was too busy jumping around the room and shouting get rekt m8 to even realize >_< well I'm assuming none of you will belive me.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Higher ratio of experienced players in a player pool = high number of wins. Simple concept. When you take into account the demographic of people that are more likely to pick cars vs those who would pick planes. You may find that planes would attract a younger audience and usually less experienced at the game.

If the ratio of good players to bad players are the same on both teams regardless of the population gap theoretically you would end up with similar win to lose ratios. For instance Cats vs Dogs, Dogs has a commanding lead in population but the win difference was still very small, by 2%.
You are wrong about older more experienced players picking Team Car or Team Pirate or Team Decepticon. That is just bunk.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I am glad to heard t h at pirates is doing well. Wish that I wasn't so busy today. I might not make it pirate king.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Had two great teams on Pirates, so I believe it if the Pirates are doing well. I don't think its merely because of matchups, but I won't deny it as a possibility. Perhaps my early troubles with triggerfish were just very coincidental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom