• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Wait...Last Splatfest...Last snail?! Wh-WHAT?!?! WHAT WILL US LOYAL FANS DO INSTEAD?!?! Ngye--Woom---Yeeeee--- AHH! Wha-WHAT WILL US PERFECTIONISTS DO NOW?!? THINK ABOUT SPYKE's HUNGER ISSUES AND THE GEAR!! Ahaha!ahaha..

Cradles into ball, mumbling nobody will survive

I shall put all of my bamboozler's energy into making sure Marie is winning. I am winning this fest, no all Marie fans are winning this fest! I'll have you know I made it to S with this panda food stick, and I will end the last fest with this panda food stick!

Sazando

Inkster Jr.
NNID
trexhunter720
Splatoon is gonna come back one day squids. On that NX. The earlier Splatoon settles the earlier spla2n comes. And plus we may get voice chat in the next game. I know, i'll make a petition for the Splatoon sequel to have voice chat! Please sign and spread this to everyone.
Peace!

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Wow, was not expecting Splatfests to end so soon, definitely surprised me. I'm going team Marie, and voted for Flounder Heights. I hope Saltspray doesn't win the stage vote, I hate that map.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Question to those of you in the community who are familiar with shooters: How long is the shelf life of your average multiplayer shooter? The ones with and without the (bi)annual sequel or a franchise to back them.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
It's weird, but I haven't seen an email from Nintendo about voting. I get the emails too, so it's pretty weird. The last one I got was about E3.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I know this has already been said about a million times in this thread, but..
*clears throat*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! D:

Now that that's over with, as much as I LOVE purple, I've always been a Marie fan (plus, Chargers > Rollers :3). I hope we get Bluefin in the rotation, my favorite map, though I'd also like Triggerfish. I do wish I'd found out about Splatoon earlier, I've only been able to compete in half (8) of the Splatfests, it's sad to see them go so soon.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
I'm glad this is the last one so I don't have to keep playing this game for three to four hours straight to 4-5 o'clock in the morning and being depressed upon losing the following Sunday. So out of personal taste, I'm picking Callie. Getting a feeling Marie might win, but I don't care this time. Just playing till King, get my snails and back to Overwatch (and MH at that time as well).

D

Deleted Member

I'm really sad and disappointed that this will be the last Splatfest. Why is Nintendo abandoning Splatfests suddenly? Splatoon has only been out for little over a year now, and is still extremely active. It's far too soon to end a major online feature like this.

Honestly though, Callie vs. Marie is the best possible final theme you could have, aside from Kid vs. Squid. By far the most heavily requested theme by players, so it appears Nintendo actually listened to us.

It's kinda fitting that the final Splatfest will be Callie vs Marie, with the Callie and Marie amiibos being released shortly after to give us an offline Splatfest performance at any time. I believe the final update (v3.0) will come shortly before or after the final Splatfest, patching in a new method of earning Super Sea Snails, balancing the meta for one last time, and adding in the rest of the Callie & Marie amiibo functionality.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'm really sad and disappointed that this will be the last Splatfest. Why is Nintendo abandoning Splatfests suddenly? Splatoon has only been out for little over a year now, and is still extremely active. It's far too soon to end a major online feature like this.

Honestly though, Callie vs. Marie is the best possible final theme you could have, aside from Kid vs. Squid. By far the most heavily requested theme by players, so it appears Nintendo actually listened to us.

It's kinda fitting that the final Splatfest will be Callie vs Marie, with the Callie and Marie amiibos being released shortly after to give us an offline Splatfest performance at any time. I believe the final update (v3.0) will come shortly before or after the final Splatfest, patching in a new method of earning Super Sea Snails, balancing the meta for one last time, and adding in the rest of the Callie & Marie amiibo functionality.
Quick correction here, but the Splatfest is like the 22nd. Voting just starts on the 4th.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I'll be with Callie in spirit, but I'll be traveling that weekend so I won't have the time or interest in playing, nor will I have my Wii U xD

I will be excited if the Amiibos unlock Splatfest-esque skins/content for our Inkopolis or maps or whatever. But the last time I really enjoyed a Splatfest was the Dragon Quest one, and Pokemon was when they peaked. Honestly I played very few of them last year and as others have said they were quite a nuisance when the meat of the game is in Ranked.

Also being in Japan and playing with friends in NA and Australia meant it would sometimes take weeks for there to not be a splatfest in any region so we could all play together.

I do like the theme. The sisters themselves are the perfect way to end the rivalry. It does catch you off guard a little though doesnt it? I know its likely years from now, but thinking about Splatfests ending is just like the first step to Splatoon 1 becoming obsolete. Before we know it they'll be migrating us over to Spla2n and eventually shutting down servers. (not that that's a bad thing, just bittersweet). Got me reflecting on how much joy the game has brought me since release. I've come to even love its goofy little flaws.

More than the splatfest I'm pumped for the amiibos as they're undoubtedly the final breath of new content they have to offer us. I'm going to savor it.

ZootFluteRiot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZootFluteRiot
As far as I'm aware, the Squid Sisters Amiibos only give you access to new music, and the new inkling girl, boy, and squid are just color shifts of the original Amiibo trio and will give you the same weapons and gear as the originals.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I'm really happy I'll be able to participate in this last splatfest. I am going on a vacation with my dad who is 70 from the 4th of July to the 22nd. It works out perfectly so I'll be back for the Splatfest.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I say we flood the ballot box with map that are least liked to really make this one to remember, like Blackbelly Skatepark!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Piranha Pit, Skatepark, and Camp Triggerfish would be my dream rotation! Can only vote for one so I'll go with Camp my favorite map.

Speaking of voting, this thread needs a poll!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom