• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I can't decide which troublesome map I want to see for the finale! Blackbelly Skatepark park for the disconnects and easy spawn camping? Moray Towers for the charger target smorgasbord? Mahi-Mahi Resort for the unintentional mass drownings?

Decisions decisions...

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I can't decide which troublesome map I want to see for the finale! Blackbelly Skatepark park for the disconnects and easy spawn camping? Moray Towers for the charger target smorgasbord? Mahi-Mahi Resort for the unintentional mass drownings?

Decisions decisions...
The sadistic part of me hopes we get the three dumbest stages.
Something like Saltspray + Blackbelly + Mackerel

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Second, I've said for a while in conversations about the state of difficulty and the player base of the game, nobody actually plays Splatoon anymore. It's mostly limited to the highly skilled most devoted players. The fact that on an average NA splatfest means you run into a lot of people from Squidboards tells you just how tiny the player pool really is. It's a dead game aside from the hardcore in the same way Quake 1 is a dead game expect for the hardcore loyal that keep it going to the point of still running QuakeCon. But it's not mainstream, and id spends no time on it.
I don't see that as true at all. You're paired with other players at your Splatfest Power level. I was at 1400 this last Splatfest, and I was playing with a whole lot of people who weren't very good at all. I ran into a couple of players who were amazingly good compared to me, and I'm not very good myself. Still lots of low-level players, only a couple of which were so skilled I suspect they were alts. The game is still selling well, with new bundles and new amiibo. Heck, the only other recolor Amiibos are the 30th Anniversary Mario, Gold and Silver Mario, Yarn Yoshi, and Gold Mega Man, which suggests that the initial run of the Inklings way oversold expectations.

That's why I'm pretty confident this is a restructuring, not a shutdown. Splatfest was a cute idea but its execution left a lot to be desired. It's being replaced by something, I guarantee, and the new Amiibo herald a new way of playing the game.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm going with either Kelp or Walleye for one of the maps. If they both manage to get into the rotation, I'll be super happy.

D

Deleted Member

nobody actually plays Splatoon anymore. It's mostly limited to the highly skilled most devoted players. The fact that on an average NA splatfest means you run into a lot of people from Squidboards tells you just how tiny the player pool really is.
A ton of people still play Splatoon. It just appears that way because the new ranking system pairs you up with Level 50s/S+ Rank players, which I'm assuming most of Squidboards gravitates around.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Kelp Dome would be a good map for this, plus you can see the outside scenery as well as it has a lot of turf to ink.
On another note, I really hope that they see the complaints from the fans and at least allow fan-hosted minisplatfests until the sequel comes out?

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
The rotation I'd love to see would be Bluefin, Saltspray, and Triggerfish.

Just a thought: if they're getting rid of the only way to get snails, they could lower the price of buying slots/rerolls from Spyke.
Unless...

Spyke: "Oi, you wanna use my snails, mate? Times are tough, new price is 300,000. Wot? I scratch your back an you scratch mine, remember?"

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
OH! I have a thing I can add here, but I don't think it will happen...
I really, sincerely hope that Nintendo pulls a sudden move on us and makes it so that it's Marie vs. Callie instead of Callie vs. Marie.
It would be really, really heartwarming to see this happen for the last splatfest...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I like how Kelp Dome is the most popular so far.:)
Don't blame them. It's such a level playing field sort of map.

Flat terrain, hardly any inkable walls that are useful, difficult to control center, poor sniper perches, hardly any hiding places--so boring!

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Don't blame them. It's such a level playing field sort of map.

Flat terrain, hardly any inkable walls that are useful, difficult to control center, poor sniper perches, hardly any hiding places--so boring!
It's nice if you need money though. I mean who doesn't want over 1000 points?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Second, I've said for a while in conversations about the state of difficulty and the player base of the game, nobody actually plays Splatoon anymore. It's mostly limited to the highly skilled most devoted players. The fact that on an average NA splatfest means you run into a lot of people from Squidboards tells you just how tiny the player pool really is. It's a dead game aside from the hardcore in the same way Quake 1 is a dead game expect for the hardcore loyal that keep it going to the point of still running QuakeCon. But it's not mainstream, and id spends no time on it.

In Japan, it's still reasonably vibrant. But outside Japan it's a forgotten niche. We just don't have enough players to play it effectively in the west anymore, not as a splatfest, and Japan really didn't like the worldwide fest. So the fests can't go on. If I were to guess they were not expecting to end it. I can't imagine they'd have spent the time to revamp the entire splatfest system only to hold a total of 4 more splatfests per region.
This is a sobering thought. I would advocate all remaining Splatoon players to move to Japan and help shape this island into the official land of squids. We were meant for so much more in this world. If they think we're niche, if they want to throw us out like yesterday's ikasumi pasta, we'll just go somewhere we'll be respected and appreciated.

Welcoming all worldwide squids to the shores of Japan with open arms 2k16. Let's keep the community fresh くコ:彡 くコ:彡 くコ:彡

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom