• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Nobody here but me likes Moray but Moray is chosen.. Europe stickes again! First Bayonetta, now this!
Moray is good. Moray has things to climb. Moray is good dodging practice. Especially in the "old" days when Turf Moray didn't have the side platforms next to the sniper perches overlooking the pit. Maybe people still have some bad memories from those days?

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Moray is good. Moray has things to climb. Moray is good dodging practice. Especially in the "old" days when Turf Moray didn't have the side platforms next to the sniper perches overlooking the pit. Maybe people still have some bad memories from those days?
That's the one I remember. Remember the old Urchin Underpass where the 2 main areas were completly empty, and the old Arowana Mall where you could do that glitch and there also wasn't anything onthe sides and there were no wire bridges and that one square spot was covered with a net instead of black blocks?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Probably the worst map rotation possible, the only way it could have been worse is if Saltspray was on there instead of Kelp. I was going to make the most of the last Splatfest and play both days for my normal play length, but not anymore. I'm working towards Marie King and stopping. Only decent map on here is Kelp, Walleye is alright but most Splatfests that map ends up being a spawn camp stage. Between that map and Moray, it's safe to see we'll be seeing an awful lot of the E-Litre. Be prepared to die randomly behind walls and corners, because this is Splatfest, so we'll have more lag than the normal servers (as is always the case with Splatfests). Seriously, how the hell did Moray get in that pick? It's like the 2nd most despised map from most people (just after Saltspray), yet it came 1st in NA and EU for voting. Looks like people really wanted to troll and bring down the Splatfest for everyone. Congratulations, you got your wish. I for one am not going to put time into this Splatfest only to be fearing the maps and whether I'll be randomly sniped. Not only this but Moray is legitimately terrible on Turf Wars, the map is all narrow and exposed, snipers dominate mid and pushing forwards hardly ever happens, and when it does it usually ends in both teams exchanging sides and getting nowhere. RIP Museum during Splatfests, I hardly knew ye. You were great during the Pineapple Splatfest, but never appeared after that. Based on comments I've seen elsewhere on the internet, there's a lot of people out there angry/disappointed with the map rotation, purely because of Moray and occasionally Walleye being with Moray. What a terrible way for Splatfests to end, even if they were a cool concept that got old by Splatfest #3. On the other hand, if Callie = Roller and Marie = Chargers, looks like we know which team will win the Splatfest :-P

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
Probably the worst map rotation possible, the only way it could have been worse is if Saltspray was on there instead of Kelp. I was going to make the most of the last Splatfest and play both days for my normal play length, but not anymore. I'm working towards Marie King and stopping. Only decent map on here is Kelp, Walleye is alright but most Splatfests that map ends up being a spawn camp stage. Between that map and Moray, it's safe to see we'll be seeing an awful lot of the E-Litre. Be prepared to die randomly behind walls and corners, because this is Splatfest, so we'll have more lag than the normal servers (as is always the case with Splatfests). Seriously, how the hell did Moray get in that pick? It's like the 2nd most despised map from most people (just after Saltspray), yet it came 1st in NA and EU for voting. Looks like people really wanted to troll and bring down the Splatfest for everyone. Congratulations, you got your wish. I for one am not going to put time into this Splatfest only to be fearing the maps and whether I'll be randomly sniped. Not only this but Moray is legitimately terrible on Turf Wars, the map is all narrow and exposed, snipers dominate mid and pushing forwards hardly ever happens, and when it does it usually ends in both teams exchanging sides and getting nowhere. RIP Museum during Splatfests, I hardly knew ye. You were great during the Pineapple Splatfest, but never appeared after that. Based on comments I've seen elsewhere on the internet, there's a lot of people out there angry/disappointed with the map rotation, purely because of Moray and occasionally Walleye being with Moray. What a terrible way for Splatfests to end, even if they were a cool concept that got old by Splatfest #3. On the other hand, if Callie = Roller and Marie = Chargers, looks like we know which team will win the Splatfest :p
Okay, 1, I really like Moray and it's my favorite map and I know people who really like it too. 2, you probably won't be seeing many e-liters since they got nerfed and since the kraken got nerfed and the e-liter is not worth using on the other 2 stages. It might be bad but most people are going to make the most of it and they'll probably have fun. Unless you're me and are an S or S+, you really shouldn't be worried about getting sniped, and if you are an S rank, the odds of seeing snipers aren't that large because even though Moray is really popular for snipers, again, the other 2 maps aren't. If you're an S+ I have nothing to say except you got there by dodging snipers sometimes so you should be used to this.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Probably the worst map rotation possible, the only way it could have been worse is if Saltspray was on there instead of Kelp. I was going to make the most of the last Splatfest and play both days for my normal play length, but not anymore. I'm working towards Marie King and stopping. Only decent map on here is Kelp, Walleye is alright but most Splatfests that map ends up being a spawn camp stage. Between that map and Moray, it's safe to see we'll be seeing an awful lot of the E-Litre. Be prepared to die randomly behind walls and corners, because this is Splatfest, so we'll have more lag than the normal servers (as is always the case with Splatfests). Seriously, how the hell did Moray get in that pick? It's like the 2nd most despised map from most people (just after Saltspray), yet it came 1st in NA and EU for voting. Looks like people really wanted to troll and bring down the Splatfest for everyone. Congratulations, you got your wish. I for one am not going to put time into this Splatfest only to be fearing the maps and whether I'll be randomly sniped. Not only this but Moray is legitimately terrible on Turf Wars, the map is all narrow and exposed, snipers dominate mid and pushing forwards hardly ever happens, and when it does it usually ends in both teams exchanging sides and getting nowhere. RIP Museum during Splatfests, I hardly knew ye. You were great during the Pineapple Splatfest, but never appeared after that. Based on comments I've seen elsewhere on the internet, there's a lot of people out there angry/disappointed with the map rotation, purely because of Moray and occasionally Walleye being with Moray. What a terrible way for Splatfests to end, even if they were a cool concept that got old by Splatfest #3. On the other hand, if Callie = Roller and Marie = Chargers, looks like we know which team will win the Splatfest :p
You probably have to worry more about dynamo's than chargers. Museum is also a pretty charger dominated stage. And i hate museum in turf war because there's only one way of getting on their side and no easy way to take out chargers unless you're really sneaky. In ranked there's a platform on the left and a different way to get up which makes taking them out easier.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
You probably have to worry more about dynamo's than chargers. Museum is also a pretty charger dominated stage. And i hate museum in turf war because there's only one way of getting on their side and no easy way to take out chargers unless you're really sneaky. In ranked there's a platform on the left and a different way to get up which makes taking them out easier.
True.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Probably not as many e-liters, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of bentos to make up for it. Along with the usual suspects of dynamos, wasabis, and aerosprays.

After all, splatfests are where inkstrikes and echolocators congregate. With a few "don't forget about us" krakens wanting to be noticed.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
Probably not as many e-liters, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of bentos to make up for it. Along with the usual suspects of dynamos, wasabis, and aerosprays.

After all, splatfests are where inkstrikes and echolocators congregate. With a few "don't forget about us" krakens wanting to be noticed.
Don't forget the Hydra's and their stupid bubbles :mad:. Hydras can hit all the way to the other side like the e liter and the splatterscope right.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Lame that I never got the email to vote, and even lamer that Moray was actually chosen! I thought the majority disliked that map, or maybe they still do and are just trolling, but yeah that's unlikely. Ahwell, atleast Kelp and Walleye are great.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
Lame that I never got the email to vote, and even lamer that Moray was actually chosen! I thought the majority disliked that map, or maybe they still do and are just trolling, but yeah that's unlikely. Ahwell, atleast Kelp and Walleye are great.
I thought everyone liked Moray and then I find out that everyone hates Moray! Where did it all go wrong?

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I just there's still some fun to come back to after splatfest is over. Ranking will probably take top priority for me.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
Translation: "I'm telling you Judd, those hydras aren't filling ink in those tanks! They're using salt! Salt! even their bubbles taste salty!"
Salt water! It all makes sense now! That's why people on the Hydras team feel salty, because water doesn't care who's side you're on, you're dead either way!

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So I actually got my first triple on a Splatfest tee, and it's a shiny to boot!

Unfortunately, it's not really gonna be useful for me. I'm only going to use my main weapon type being Sloshers, and they already have light depletion. I think I'm gonna re-roll it in hopes for Special Duration and/or Swim Speed. Yeah you don't get to keep the shirt so it's kind of a waste, but I say it's worth it for the final Splatfest, and it's not like I have anything else to really use my snails on.

Jaden Yang

Inkling
NNID
ethankyang
I always try to be king for maximum super sea snail, but now after his how are we going to get them!

Main Weapons::wst_shot_quickmiddle01::wst_roller_heavy01::wst_shot_expert01::wst_roller_normal01::wst_charge_longscp01:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom