Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
I also meandered around the Plaza and took in all of the Splatfest-specific features one last time. Dancing Judd and nodding Spyke and Capt. Cuttlefish are standard, but I also noticed for the first time that the fireworks were Miiverse posts... was it always like that? I made sure to read for one last time what Jelonzo told me when I bought a shirt from him when I couldn't change clothes

Finally, I did something that I once tried a few Splatfests ago - with some difficulty, I set up my Gamepad so that it zoomed in, hands-free, on Marie's dancing in the Plaza aaand I stepped back and danced along. Was the only person in the room, so although I looked like an absolute idiot, it was fun.

G'night, Splatfests. Let's see what the future brings!
The fireworks were always like that. Setting my alarm for 330 (so i actually get up by 4) and plan on playing til the end of splatfest

I would LOVE it if nintendo would allow settings for players to choose a splatfest skin where inkopolis always looks like that, levels are at night etc....mii verse posts everywhere. I like it.

If any of you SplatHax guys are out there this would be a major accomplishment:)

Maave

Inkling Commander
Only 1 mirror match so far.

I start off amazingly last night, had one match go 6-0 and another 12-2. Now I'm getting pummeled.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Whoa! They were on my team once, too!... They disconnected at the start of the game. My own shoutout would probably go to Sketch for having really stylish yet functional gear and a cool name, and for improbably running into me time after time - I saw them with at least four different weapons, including once after my eight-hour break.

So yeah, I played a little more after reaching royalty and after a break of several hours. Got my Charger alt to Fiend - won, lost, won for Team Marie. Nothing particular to mention. Then got my S alt to Fiend with the Rapid Blaster Deco - lost, lost, lost, lost, lost for Team Callie. I assure that I was not trying to sabotage her and I played my best but everything kept going wrong, both with myself and my teammates. Exactly the same as last time I played a Splatfest on that alt, in fact... .

Last thing, I went back to my main and decided to play with the Tri-Slosher and my classic gear (other than shirt) until I won a fair game (not 4v3 in our favour) against Callie (not a mirror). This took longer than it should have and connections were funky at times, but I was pleased with how I played in most of those games, including the last one on Kelp which was very closely-contested and enjoyable.

I also meandered around the Plaza and took in all of the Splatfest-specific features one last time. Dancing Judd and nodding Spyke and Capt. Cuttlefish are standard, but I also noticed for the first time that the fireworks were Miiverse posts... was it always like that? I made sure to read for one last time what Jelonzo told me when I bought a shirt from him when I couldn't change clothes (using my Charger alt, which doesn't have much gear so was able to buy something). Also, on my S alt, I discovered what it's like to go into Inkopolis Tower without having voted: the option to play is greyed out (although Private Battles are still allowed) and, I think, the squid LEDs in the background are monochromatic.

I had a stint in the training area and enjoyed the changing volume of the muffled music based on the distance from the north-east corner, and noticed for the first time that the training dummies grow and shrink and glow very subtly to the beat of the music - definitely unique to 'fests. I closely observed the radius of the glow from my Inkling, which I think is only visible at night (i.e. during a Splatfest).

Finally, I did something that I once tried a few Splatfests ago - with some difficulty, I set up my Gamepad so that it zoomed in, hands-free, on Marie's dancing in the Plaza aaand I stepped back and danced along. Was the only person in the room, so although I looked like an absolute idiot, it was fun.

G'night, Splatfests. Let's see what the future brings!
Yep, the fireworks have always been there. and the added billboards. And I want a flashlight bracelet like the inklings get when they choose a side. But I'm not sure where the light is coming from on my main that hasn't chosen a side.

Cool to know you're not the only one who went around checking out all the little details too while taking one last tour of a splatfest. I think I'll tak3 one last tour as well. But how about we let you keep thinking you're the only dancing loon? =p

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
Yep, the fireworks have always been there. and the added billboards. And I want a flashlight bracelet like the inklings get when they choose a side. But I'm not sure where the light is coming from on my main that hasn't chosen a side.
It's a paper/plastic concert wristband. I think the glow is just because "lol splatfest". You could look for a glow in the dark concert bracelet

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's a paper/plastic concert wristband. I think the glow is just because "lol splatfest". You could look for a glow in the dark concert bracelet
Actually, I'm more in mind of making one. After all, there are some bright mini flashlights that are standalone and for keys. Maybe I can take one of those apart and then... hmm... something for a bracelet "frame"... hmm...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So in my previous play session this afternoon I managed to get back into the 1600 power bracket for good before taking a break, getting to level 1648. I get on again for about two hours, and I end that at the exact same level. THIS freaking close to the 1700 bracket, only to get dubstomped back down. Said play session also confirmed an unfortunate reality: Walleye is such a bullshit map for long-range shooters. That wouldn't be a problem if Kelp Dome and Moray weren't such havens for them, nor if the matchmaker kept going back there for every single match.

Now I was really hoping I could get into the upper ranks, to be among the best... but it ain't happening. That dream is dead. But that doesn't mean our victory is lost! My fellow Marie-mates, keep on fighting the good fight! Come tomorrow we may lay down and die, but not this day! THIS DAY WE FIGHT!
Finally, I get a chance to say/plug that during a Splatfest. Now I can relax...

(By the way... does anyone know a guy with the NNID ToonLink64? I swear I've seen that name on these boards before, but I can't remember.)

CrazyGadget

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CrazyGadget466
Alright, I started dropping Power so I took a break and then decided, OKAY, ONE LIFE ONLY. NEXT LOSS AND THE GAME'S OVER.
So basically I was gonna see if I could rack up a win streak and how long it could last. ...First match I DC'd within thirty seconds, stared for a second and went OKAYTHATDOESN'TCOUNT. When it began for REAL, I was able to turnabout one game with a last-second bomb rush. Sadly the foes were able to do the same to us. RIP my 1-win streak.
My W/L record was 31-38 (yes i kept track... i think at least? may be a bit off) and Infinite Tears of Heaven was responsible for a good 6 or so wins. 83.7-9.5 with foes totally cornered was the best win, though the same happened to us Maries on the same stage later.
And my power is still a slightly-present 48 above its starting SOMEHOW despite the 7?-loss deficit, so I'm cashing out on the positive. MOST of the time during this even with my losses and what-not, I stayed hype and had fun. (though the salt did start seeping through the mouth when i dropped like 50 or so in one drop from 1308, hence: break.)
I even saw good-sported Callies in the plaza, and not too many good sports exist in these times so I rate that highly. Let's hope our groovin' green Sister Marie takes this one, and even if not I honestly won't be too sore about it. I was here for the fun and to serve the squid waifu, and that's all that matters to me!

...also yay for fighting a Super High School Level Squid, that made me really happy.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
3 hours left. Currently at 1780. I'm hoping to get at least 1861 by the end of this, because that's the equivalent that I got to for my Callie alt (1400 -> 1661).
I've actually been having a blast. I lowered my sensitivity a little because I thought it might improve my accuracy... and BOY did it work. I've been playing on +5 since day one, and only lower it to +3.5 when I play E-liter... WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS BEFORE?!? Now i'm getting higher K/Ds, we even won a 3v4 on Moray.

...Too bad half my games are against my fellow Team Marie supporters.

Last edited:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
So... ultimately came down to this.

Cats, Water Slides, Hot Dogs, Decepticons, Science, Planes, Ninjas, Pizza, Nice, Future, Pokémon Blue, Sandcastles, Costume Party, Night Owl, and finally...

Splatfests have always been a strenuous time for me, and sadly, this one was no different, although I had temporarily light partway toward the end of my journey. Three special squids stuck with me to royal rank and beyond, and we were fighting strong. Sadly, once they dropped out one by one, losses became more frequent for me. Ultimately, I decided to quit while I was ahead by the time my team was completely unrecognizable.

As much as I hate to say this; good riddance Splatfests, I won't miss you. I always told myself "this will be the one, this will be the time I have a great Splatfest experience." It never lasted long.

It's such a shame the amiibo lock you into the plaza, I would've loved to be able to break out night stages whenever I wanted. Ah well. Who knows what the next squid journey will entail?

Last edited:

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
I was wondering why no one posted the results, so I fired up my Wii U and saw that it was going to last for two days.

I should've paid more attention to the news about this.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I dunno, and honestly I don't care who wins. I had fun with this even if I didn't get to participate on my profile. I really want to know who wins though.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Somehow despite my schedule, I managed to play three games (won two). I'm very lucky I got to participate in the final Splatfest...

Here's hoping for a soon to be Splatoon 2 announcement. Hey, I can dream can't I?

Dynamite

Inkling
NNID
DynoDuck
My experience with the final Splatfest was really enjoyable. I had 4 mirror matches, and about 7 disconnections (which is really generous believe me). With my slosher, I hit Callie King on Friday, and I went 26/46 against Team Marie. Yeah, it's not an impressive record but at least I got more wins than losses right..? The matches themselves were intense. Almost all of the matches went down to the wire!

When I heard they changed the music to the final boss music, I had to play more matches tonight to experience it for myself. Its funny how a simple swap of music made me play even more aggressive than usual. My aggression didn't give me better results though, haha. I opted to use my tri-slosher and went 11/21 this time around. Team Marie played a lot more aggressive tonight than they did on Friday. I guess the final boss music pumped them up too! I ended with 1220 power points from 1200. Mediocre, I know but at least I ended with a higher score than I started with (I'm a glass half full kind of person).

Honestly, I like both Squid Sisters. I just chose Team Callie because I chose Marie's Team last time.

I know what I'm about to say is cliche, but I'm going to miss these Splatfests. I really liked the scenery of plaza at night, and how lively everything was...

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Final round ended for me at 501. It was a victory for my team. Team Marie ftw. On a crazy note my final sp was 1400 even. As it was on the begining so shall it be in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom