• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo GameCube social thread!~ ■

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
It's been so long since I played Assault. I barely remember anything that isn't the multplayer on that game. I may order it in the future just for the multiplayer again.

Sometimes, I play Kirby Air Ride. Despite it's rather simple control scheme, the game actually has a lot of content for a Gamecube game.
I guess it's to be expected, as Sakurai himself directed that game. It was the last Kirby game he directed too. City Trial is the mode to play if you have friends over. Nothing in Air Ride is as great as that.
You'd play anything else in that game besides City Trial? :p

When people praise Kirby Air Ride, which I do often, it's using it as a synonym for City Trial.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Yeah, City Trial was so good. No match was the same, seriously. You build up your ride to be a jack-of-all trades and then you get the battle mode. And you lost to a Bulk Star who just happened to pick up a lot of attack power ups that round. Or feeling like you're invincible when you build Dragoon, and you got a drag race which makes it pointless and you lost to a Formula Star. Every time a special event happened and every player knew an All-Up Patch was guaranteed there, you just drop what you're doing and fight for it.

swordwielder13

Full Squid
NNID
swordwielder13
Let's See
-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
-Kirby Air Ride
-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
-Sonic Adventure Battle 2
-Super Smash Bros. Melee

(So many games >.<)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I need to get my 'cube collection bigger. I'm looking into buying Star Fox Assault, SSX On Tour, and Gotcha Force...if I can find it cheap enough.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Lag, sometimes. You can "report" your own post and the explain your reason is a accidental double post and they'll take care of it.

LBlueEagle

Inkling
Pokemon XD from a mechanics standpoint. Pokemon Colosseum from a nostalgia standpoint.

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
Melee for sure lol. Can't tell you how many hours I put into that game as a kid. I only wanted the gamecube because of melee. I waited an entire year before my parents finally got one, then it mysteriously disappeared (thanks step-dad).

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah, yes, the Gamecube. I had the chance to get one way back in the day, but for whatever reason I asked for an Xbox instead.

I didn't really start wanting the Gamecube until much later, when I inexplicably wanted to get Pikmin. The GameStop near my home didn't have it among their stash of GC games, so I settled for Sonic Mega Collection instead.

Cue me eventually starting to expand that collection, until it looked something like this:

• Sonic Mega Collection (the first game I got, naturally)
  • Pikmin 1 & 2 (In reverse order)
  • SSB Melee (Has a bad habit of vanishing at times)
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Wario World
  • Super Mario Sunshine (Two copies, the first scarred badly)
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess (Sold for 20 bucks in high school)
  • Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Sadly, it came with a Chick Tract)

I've been wanting to expand my GC collection for a while now; I take it Paper Mario and Kirby Air Ride are popular around here, so I guess I'll have to look into both of 'em.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I've been wanting to expand my GC collection for a while now; I take it Paper Mario and Kirby Air Ride are popular around here, so I guess I'll have to look into both of 'em.
Yes, yes, yes.

I also recommend Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, but it's super-expensive now.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hmm, I've wanted to get into Fire Emblem for a while now. It can't be more expensive than Melee is now, though, can it?

*goes to Amazon*

...Jesus. The damn instruction booklet on its own is 55 bucks! What gives?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I have about 40 gamecube games. Most of my stash was from a gamestop getting rid of it's inventory with gems like SSX3 and Custom Robo.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Gotta say Resident Evil 4 and Eternal Darkness are must plays on the gamecube I think. So many great games on the bad boy I must say.

Sasorin

Inkling
Can I say that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a freaking amazing game? I had so much fun playing that game as a kid and even now as a young adult. It may not be like a Final Fantasy game in spirit, but its definitely got some amazing RPG elements and the fact its getting a spiritual successor that lives up to what I was hoping for, is even more exciting. That game is even more fun if you can find some friends who have Gameboy Advances/Advance Cable to play with.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I have yet to get anything gamecube, unfortunately, despite owning every other nintendo home console.

Has anyone noticed that gamecube-era mario was probably one of the weirdest and most experimental times for the franchise? I mean it's responsible for Super Mario Sunshine, DDR: Mario Mix, and Super Mario Strikers.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Wow ok this thread is a bit far back so I don't really know it's ok for me to reply to it, but ...
My favorite gamecube game was / still is Kirby Air Ride.
I was REALLY looking forward to Kirby GCN but it was cancelled so whatever.

I still own my gamecube. I don't really plan on ever getting rid of it and it's still in great condition even if my cousins stole the video cable. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom