• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion/Future DLC Discussion Thread

InklingCaitlin

Full Squid
NNID
Caitlin
Switch Friend Code
SW-0816-6246-4407
Um...is it bad that I just failed almost all of the levels just to unlock the Octoling? :oops:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
No. No it is not.

It's supposed to be challenging, but you can do it! And don't be afraid to ask for help.

InklingCaitlin

Full Squid
NNID
Caitlin
Switch Friend Code
SW-0816-6246-4407
No. No it is not.

It's supposed to be challenging, but you can do it! And don't be afraid to ask for help.
Yeah, I've been trying to do them all but they are soo hard! Especially the bosses! How are you suppose to kill The second boss with just a baller? I mean the other boss is a little bit easier with the jet pack but it's still like super hard...

Cephalobro

Yeah, I've been trying to do them all but they are soo hard! Especially the bosses! How are you suppose to kill The second boss with just a baller? I mean the other boss is a little bit easier with the jet pack but it's still like super hard...
He was easy for me. Jumping might help in avoiding certain attacks.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
One tactic you can use is hit-and-run. Get in close one or two explosions, back off while he swings, then go in again. A bit tedious but rather safe.

Another version is staying close in front of him then moving to the flank or behind as he swings down. Then explode. Then moving out of range as he does a full 360-spin swing.

If you worried about getting hit, try and attack with one of the four fences at your back to keep you from falling off, or while he's near a ledge so he can knock you towards the center.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
You also might want to practice against those bosses in Octo Canyon. I beat all Octo Canyon levels with all weapons, so using new weapons was old hat to me, and the new twists were fairly minor. If you can beat a boss with the Hero Brush, you can do it with the Baller.

Oh, and I just beat the game. Absolutely epic. Worth the time, trouble, and money any day. They'll have a lot to live up to in Splatoon 3, now that they've proved they can do plot right.

Cephalobro

I don't know if we are getting future story DLC for Splatoon 2. Everything before Octo Expansion was announced built-up to it: Marina, Shifty Station and the subway entrance.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
You can still perform all missions after completing it. But any reason why are you trying to restart it?

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I feel that this expansion was worth every bit the price I paid for it! I fully love it!

First off, I love the new challenges. Seeing the creative usage of the Inkjet and the Baller in some of these really got me going! Although I wasn't the biggest fan of the on rails target busting or the 8-ball levels, they were nothing too extreme and were plenty of fun for me to handle even if I didn't like them too much. Also, to have eighty challenges in all without counting the final few levels which reminded me of the "Final Story" segment from a Sonic game is definitely worth the asking price!

I also really like the gear you get from it! Not all of it is very good, mind you. But I like the aesthetics of it all and the idea that they are all things that you earn for doing a good job on the challenges. Especially liking the Null Armor Replica which reminds me just a bit of Saiyan armor. The Octoshot Replica isn't anything super special, but it is nice having another weapon that I can get to SUPERFRESH!!! rank for some more quick experience gain. And, once again, it is something that I earned. Same goes for the *SPOILER* that I got for beating *SPOILER* in the rematch.

Of course, it all culminates in getting the Octolings join Inkling society and being able to play as one for realsies. This is the thing that really got me excited. I would have been happy if there were even just a simple reskinning, but the idea that they have their own personalities and animations for everything? Like how they are obviously rather nervous in the plaza? Or that all too cute dopey expression when you wait for a bit on the gear select screen? How about those over the top victory poses that clearly state that Octoling society makes them proficient fighters? How about that OMG I JUST WANT TO HUG HER SUPER CUTE WIN POSE WITH A SPLATLING?! Everything was worth $20 and then some! I just can't get enough! :)

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I haven't seen that one yet! I'll have to check that out. I have been plenty happy with the Octoling Girl's victory pose with the Shooters and the Dualies myself, but I will have to see for myself what else is in store for me!

Khalith

Inkling
NNID
Khalith
Switch Friend Code
SW-2587-4373-9113
Just started the expansion today. Some of it is pretty rough, I also want to add that I think the skip level cost should be increased but also give you the full mem cake.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I don't know if we are getting future story DLC for Splatoon 2. Everything before Octo Expansion was announced built-up to it: Marina, Shifty Station and the subway entrance.
Grizzco Story Mode confirmed!

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I’m loving the DLC so far!
They did a great job at making a darker atmosphere while not losing in on the splatoon charm, same with the music.

While at first I was skeptical about having specefic challanges in stages, I learned to love it.
They didn’t just slap those on stages, they build the whole stage around the challanges.
You need to approach these with caution and come-up with stuff that you may not have ever considered, all in all while keeping things fresh.
They really squished as much as they could out of the current single-player splatoon.

Then there are the little things like gameboys in the background of some stages, the banter and chat logs or how one stage is a throwback at the alien invasion arcade game.

My only current (minor) gripes is that there’s no overworld like in the previous single player campaigns and the bosses so far are not completely new.
Though on the other hand, the new upgrades they brought to them makes the figths so much more interesting and dangerous.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I've only seen footage of the secret boss, but I would of liked it more if Agent 3 used the special weapons from the first game.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I've only seen footage of the secret boss, but I would of liked it more if Agent 3 used the special weapons from the first game.
Would be a nice reference but I can see agent 3 popping a Bubler or kraken or inkzooka make players even more salty unless they change them a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom