• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion/Future DLC Discussion Thread

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I thought the 9th thing was still rumor or something to do with CoroCoro magazine, meh we'll find out soon enough.

Oh man, if they let us catch a squid in the new Animal Crossing, it would be awesome if the description says something along the lines of "I caught a Squid, this is my turf now!"
Close enough? =p
20180525_172333.png

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The seconds ones seem to just be non-animated versions of the normal style. But that does open up the potential for be there as placeholders, we'll have to see. Whether or not that leads to anything or if we'll have alternative cuts at all whether on release or in the future.
The second one also has a blank thumbnail for the hair (it's just a head), and on the girl, it actually clips through her shoulder. I'm positive this is just a placeholder and doesn't represent what the second hair option will actually look like.

Cephalobro

I had an assumption that you were going to be able to customize your Octoling inside the test tube thing. Weirdly, there are five "pages" in the customization screen, seeing how a legwear option is probably not going to appear on this screen, I'm guessing one of them is for hairstyle instead. At least we know Agent 8 can be customized. Then again, I didn't watch the video completely so I can play the DLC without spoilers.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

Now we're thinking with portals ink.

This makes me so excited. This confirms that we'll have some more puzzle oriented test chambers, ala Portal.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I didn't expect it this soon. I will enjoy playing as octolings, though I will probably not touch the single player. Agent 8 creeps me out a bit.

Belial

Full Squid
I didn't expect it this soon. I will enjoy playing as octolings, though I will probably not touch the single player. Agent 8 creeps me out a bit.
Yeah, like he said up above me. You have to complete single player mode to play as octolings. Rumors are the stages get pretty tough too. I don't know if it's true but I heard you can spend gold to skip levels.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
If you're looking for an estimated time for the release, assuming it'll be late morning japan it's
11 am - 12 pm | Japan - Aussie time
4 am - 3 am | EU - British time
7 pm - 10 pm | pacific (LA) - eastern (NY) time
Just estimates of course. Could be a few hours earlier.

Belial

Full Squid
Man, I'm bummed a little now. It's going to come out after my TRPG group arrives tonight. I was hoping to sneak some playtime in before then. I'll try to play when they leave whenever that may be I guess. I haven't had Switch DLC before though. Will it auto-download or how do I download it?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I pre-purchased it last night in hopes that it would download while it slept today, but I'm not sure if that's how it works.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I pre-purchased it last night in hopes that it would download while it slept today, but I'm not sure if that's how it works.
It doesn't release for another ~8 hours. Look at this post for when it'll release in your timezone.

If you're looking for an estimated time for the release, assuming it'll be late morning japan it's
11 am - 12 pm | Japan - Aussie time
4 am - 3 am | EU - British time
7 pm - 10 pm | pacific (LA) - eastern (NY) time
Just estimates of course. Could be a few hours earlier.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
It downloaded for me a while ago *Thinking Emoji*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom