• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion Spoiler Discussion Thread

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Continue?

With the option to respawn at your last checkpoint with full lives (at the cost of the entry fee).
Going back to the Station Platform.
Or back to the Train.

Octo Expansion more than expects you to game over, especially when there are missions which that only give you 1 life or have no checkpoints.
Seems a bit more hopeful than in regular Inkling story mode, which is nice. Octo Valley/Canyon basically just goes, "Welp. You died. Bye."

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
With Commander Tartar destroyed, I wonder if we are getting villains other than DJ Octavio for future story modes. For once, I would like to see what they can do with an antagonist group that's not the Octarians in a base game's story mode. After all, Salmon Run proved that the battle doesn't necessarily have to be cephalopod vs cephalopod.
That actually sounds interesting! What could they do with a variety of different species, like in Mario or Zelda?

Cephalobro

That actually sounds interesting! What could they do with a variety of different species, like in Mario or Zelda?
I had an idea for an antagonistic whale for a villain, the idea is that they stole Octarian tech to build robots that act like Inklings and Octolings for the obligatory "fight an Inkling-like enemy" levels (calling them Mechalings for now) while the whale subspecies would be the other enemies fought in the story mode. Instead of actual ink, they would shoot out their saliva that would act as ink, very similar to the Salmonid's fish oils they leave behind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom