• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Lab (Old One)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Hey, it looks like there's still plenty of slots left. How about this? :> I'd love to join.

Name:
Pierrette [Piheh-R-EHT] or "Pieri" for short
Race: Inkling
Family/Friends: She has a pair of nuclear parents who get very involved in her extracurricular activities and making sure she is safe. Pieri also has a determined dreamer of an older brother, whom she simultaneously adores yet thinks will get himself killed by being so dumb all the time.
Unique Features: She's a super small inkling, even for her age. (She's a mostly developed inkling even though she isn't 14. Think Callie+Marie sunken sea scroll.) She's also extremely smart and adept with technology. She's a pretty savvy programmer. Can also speak Jellyfish due to upbringing.
Appearance: Pieri has bright pink eyesand she’s petite, even for her age. She curly tentacles that don't ever seem to lay straight, which are tied back in pigtails. She’s usually wearing designer headphones, a light blue hoodie over a black squideye shirt (has tentatek logo on the front), a blue/yellow sweatband, and a pair of pink kicks. Usually has some sort of bored, sulky or unimpressed expression.
Personality: Quiet and somewhat difficult, but by no means shy. She just thinks she’s smarter than most people (but to be fair, she’s very talented) and gets bored easily. However, Pieri gets incredibly invested in the things and people she does like. She’s just picky. Snarky and childish at times. Clever, pedantic and sometimes arrogant. Likes up-to-date technology and cute things.
Backstory: A smart girl who breezed though primary school, excelling at any extracurricular things she chose. She got a lot of support from her parents and her family is fairly well-off so her home life was pretty great. And pretty boring. Pieri is super interested in emerging technologies, specifically programming. Her older brother --who she thinks is naiive and probably an idiot, but is fairly close to-- has run away to Inkopolis. She is torn between not caring --because he's probably fine-- and being very worried about him.
Starting Kit: Spectator Kit
Permadeath Preference: Yay, Bring it.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Rustic Crimson Squid?

Yeah, we get a minimum for a lab that way, don't we.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Alright, editing in now. Yay! One lab is filled, I might start it soon if no one else joins.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Alright, editing in now. Yay! One lab is filled, I might start it soon if no one else joins.
:D Awesome! This looked super cool so I was hoping there would be more people, but anyways, glad to join!

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Hey, should I post my preferred starter kit here? Since I didn't include it with my OP. I'll choose the Spectator kit. (I wanted to make myself useful and choose the Turf War player kit but I can't resist the Spectator kit.)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I shall, expand the existing spots and rescind the state of 'Mandatory Join-ins to Emerald Octo'. It won't be expanded by a large amount. Just 3 more slots for each, minimum will become 3 slots.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Name: Lilith

Race: Octoling

Family/Friends: Irrius, Neon, Nell, Ulysses, Ina, Ana, and Jack are all her friends! As for family, she doesn't remember them.

Unique Features:

Appearance: She wears the green zip hoodie mostly, with the hood up while in public to hide her Octo hair. Along with that is a pair of colored shades and makeup to hide her eyes, and some blue motocross boots.

Personality: She's generally timid, easily scared and tends to be nervous about anything relating to Octarians for personal reasons. She can get very protective over her friends, and tries to defend them from any possible threat. On the battlefield, she acts like a soldier, and, despite losing her memory, she still has the instincts and training of one (well, some of the training at least).

Backstory: Before losing her memory, she was a soldier in Octavio's army. During a skirmish with the Agents, she had been heavily injured, and as a result of head injuries, lost her memory. An Inkling named Ulysses had seen this fight and brought her home so she could recover. For a while, she lived in Ulysses' spare room in his house without his parents knowing, Ulysses even buying some clothes for her so she could leave the house and explore Inkopolis. Eventually, though, Ulysses knew that his parents would find out about his Octoling friend, and so, requested a friend of his, Irrius, to take her in. Lilith quickly became friends with Irrius, and she joined Irrius' team as the fourth member. Now, she lives a (mostly) casual life in Inkopolis, and with the help of her friends, she tries to find out who she was before - although she doesn't want to get involved with her kind for...personal reasons. <insert abduction sequence here>

Starting Kit: Splattacker! :D

Permadeath Preference: i mean id prefer if the main character of one of my stories wasnt killed but eh, yay.

I'd like to join Crimson Squid, please! :D

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
*Inch inch* Should I... *inch inch* Ehh, screw it.
Name: Alex
Race: Inkling
Unique Stuff: Modified his Inkbrush to look like a 'Hero Brush' (Like the Hero Shot, just an Inkbrush!), and has a somewhat psychic influence on it.
Appearance: Hero Suit, Hero Runners, and Hero Headset. Blue hair, normal boy hairdo
Personality: Derpy, smart, likes to take a few chances
Backstory: On his birthday, the Great Zapfish was stolen. He helped get it back, thus he has the Hero stuff.
Lab: Crimson (If I can)
Permadeath. Nay. Nope. Nada.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Assuming there is still room, I am going to quickly make a character for this. If there is no room left, I understand, but if there is... then count me in. I've been rather inactive on the threads lately, but I'm glad to see there are some live RPs going. ^u^

also so you know this character would make trouble; i can make another if you want me to

Name: "I'm Urchin! Nice to meet'cha!"

Race: "Urchin the Inkling, yeah, I know it's confusing, ain't it! I just sorta picked up the nickname. Sorta just stuck. I dun remember my folks called me! :D"

Family/Friends: "Family? Haha, I hope not! Then I'd need to kill them and tracking down specific people... that's such a hassle!

"Friends? Kinda, I guess. I have a gang! :D"

Age: "This many fingers! Oops. I don't have enough fingers! I better cut some off someone! Hahaha! Scrap, get over here, I need you for something."

"Oops! I cut off about two too many. Ehehe, my bad! Lemme set those asside!"

"See? Seventeen fingers in total!"

Unique Features: "I kill people!"

Appearance: "Well, I'm told I'm kinda average-looking. But that's another kind of special, right!? Means no one can see you coming! But I mean, I like wearing my tentacles down. Feel the breeze you know! And it's all theatrical when you make big movements and cut up people! Even if you do kinda look like a girl in the process!

"Oh! And I love the color red! Deep, crimson ink... I have no clue why everyone is so averse to the color! Ehehe! :D I make sure that my ink is red, and my clothes are red, and my guests are red too!"

Personality: Urchin, is, if you haven't gotten the idea, chipper to the point of sickly-sweet. He is obsessed with killing: the emotions around it; what it looks like; how people react to it. He has taken it upon himself to see what every single species in the world looks like as it dies, and boy are there so many interesting ways to kill!

This dream of multiple-xenocide is his only life aspiration.

He does, however, have hobbies! Urchin isn't well-educated, but he has taken it upon himself to learn to manipulate people. His chipper, saccharine behavior has lured in more than one or two helpless victims. But he does much more than that. He takes pride in being able to play mind games and to get those around him to do what he wants while playing by his own rules.

The boy never really grew up and can't help but love games. Systems and rules come naturally to him and he can't help but manipulate every loophole and bending every rule that he can.

I wouldn't call Urchin incredibly smart... but he is certainly dangerously clever and sadistic. He takes pleasure in causing pain, both subtle and explicit, and considers all of life a toy filled with complex rules that even he is not above. He expects to be outwitted and killed one day and he dreams of that moment every night before going to bed.

Backstory: At a young age, Urchin tested a knife out on his parents. Turns out that the result is a very messy room and a lot of silly questions. After that, he fled the small village he called home and made an infamous name for himself across the country. At first, the cops thought it was just coincidence that there was a small boy at every murder scene.

But they quickly caught on.

So, for the rest of his years, Urchin learned to avoid arrest and continue his life mission, gathering followers awed by his power or scared for their lives. Many have tried to kill him, but, at least on the streets, he's always kept one step ahead of the law, though he probably can't keep that up forever.

Starting Kit: Tourist Kit

Class: Seer

Permadeath Preference: "Yay!"

Rustic

Inkling Commander
My thoughts exactly while reading your character @ReedRGale

Hmm, I might want to see the next character, because I intend on grouping you guys up. I can't really have maniacal sociopaths with group up and hope to fit... But, if you wish to use this character specifically, then I have no reason to deny you.

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Nah it's all good, however. Like I said, you can use Urchin the Inkling as your playable character, if you want to that is. Everyone needs a little of bit of Insanity in their lives right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom