• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Lab (Old One)

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
He is obsessed with killing: the emotions around it; what it looks like; how people react to it. He has taken it upon himself to see what every single species in the world looks like as it dies, and boy are there so many interesting ways to kill!
5edgy7me. Reminds me of this:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@ThatSquidYouKnow Man your comment is really making me want to play Urchin. The reason being I don't see many those qualities in him. Frankly, I feel insulted even if it was a joke. :p

I consider myself a slightly better writer than that so let me, for the first time in a while, be confrontational.

To sum Urchin up, I see him as morally dead individual. His greatest advantage is his greatest downfall: he has a super-skewed moral compass. In-game that probably means that he'd not be able to work in teams except in the beginning when he hasn't tried to kill someone.

Unlike the ironic example you pointed out, he's not a bad person. Just obsessed with killing. That doesn't make him any better at anything (especially within the game mechanics) or smarter than anybody--though it's hard for me not to play someone of at least average intelligence. The choices I made simply make it easier for him to do things that most would generally shy away from.

Like murder! :D

Neither is he some being to displace my angst-ridden feels (of which I have a few) or otherwise advertise my taste in music. :p

He's not obsessed with various pop culture references that would make him the outlet for general world-hate you quite rudely made him out to be. You may think I'm joking, that the example given was a blown up joke as this isn't something that comes up in the Squidboards. However the reference that ThatSquidYouKnow pulled up is, unfortunately, more common than you would think.

Honestly, the biggest reason I feel that I really need to defend Urchin so strongly is that I actively tried to back away from the stereotype you so rudely superimposed onto him. By making more of a reference to "civilized" murderers like Hannibal or Alex from the Clockwork Orange, I attempted to give him a different killing style than "punk." Further, to juxtapose his bloodcrazed persona, I laced him with a twist of dark humor courtesy of Henry from Fire Emblem. He is neither killing because he's trying to be the best, nor killing because he's a powerful anti-Mary Sue... he kills because it's fun. :D

There are always going to be parallels that you can draw between characters and other characters, of course. But as far as I can see, "edgy" is hardly the term I'd use to describe him.

I don't usually take the confrontational approach when someone insults the choices I make and honestly, I was thinking of playing a different character, but... damn, that was so far off base that I can't help but be goaded into playing.

So that's my twelves cents--I certainly gave more than two. Take it how you will, though I'd appreciate if you didn't throw shade blindly without first analyzing what you're doing.

What say you, TSYK? Do you think that I'll be wandering around singing MCR, quoting how the world isn't worth living and that everyone is better off dead were I to play this character? Chances are Urchin will just be doing one of those things. You guess which one.

You may have thought your joke cute, but I don't find it very funny.

So, to close, I think I'll join with Urchin. Let's see how "edgy" he really is. ;)

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Pfffhahaha, man I haven't seen a W40K reference since my friend Andrew moved to the UK.

But yeah, at least he's not a soulsucking hunter of sentience.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Im cr yin g ohmiiiigosh
this is going to be so interesting

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Oh yeah! Just a heads up to the Crimson-Squid players. The combat rolls will start to appear soon, and a couple of you already got double Misfortune rolls, turning them into combat. However, at this point in time the grace period is still in effect. No one will keel over until December 17th, until then. Have fun!

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I'm still planning up on a synchronized post with @VeryButter , but yeah, I think certain actions should be replied to immediately.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Name: Hunter "omnipotent" Williston

Race: Inkling

Family/Friends: Mother, Father, and his squad mates.

Unique Features: Due to an accident when he was younger the left side of his body, and his left eye was lost when water melted it away. After collecting enough money he gets a robotic replacement that gives him a 3x zoom optic, but his field of vision is lacking a bit on the left side

Appearance: A Dark blue Inkling male. He has a robotic left eye. wears a paintball mask, Light military armor, and combat boots. the eye glows a blueish shade.

Personality: Always the helpful one, but will not take unnecessary risks to help others. He is observant able to see all the little details even in a stressful situation.

Backstory: At the age of 14 He was riding home with his parents. A large delivery truck takes a turn too sharp and rolls over. His father was driving. he swerves to avoid hitting the truck but the guardrail had failed. the vehicle hits a small drainage pipe and stays there. Hunter was trapped in the back as the vehicle had child locks on. His father got out of the vehicle and pulls Hunter's mother to safety. but that shift is weight caused the vehicle to fall into the water. Hunter jumps out the front window just before the water engulfs the car. but he lands his left side lands in water. he moves out of it in time to prevent too much damage, but he could no longer see out his left eye. His father quickly gets him to safety. 4 years later Hunter had saved up enough money for an experimental surgery. the surgery would restore most of his sight. after the surgery he had a mechanical eye. weeks later a splatfest was held and everyone was talking about Hunter's strange augmentation and how fair it was. After the debates was settles all that was left from that time was a name people gave him. omnipotent because of how skilled he could eliminate people even when behind cover.

Starting Kit: Turf War Player Kit

Permadeath Preference: Ney but im going to get outvoted arn't i

Last edited:

Tomatomodest

Pro Squid
NNID
Gamethesystem
Name: Tammy

Race: Inkling

Family/Friends: Mother and father, little sister as well.

Unique Features: Yellow pigment on the tips of her tentecales due to genetics.
Appearance: Zekko hoodie, Bobble hat, Octoling boots
Personality: Pretty optimistic most of the time, however she can become extremely overwhelmed when faced if an opponent she knows nothing about.

Backstory: A pretty ordinary squid girl, and a good student too. She was born in Inkopolis and became obsessed with turf wars, her favorite hobbies were making custom weapons, and pulling pranks on suspecting inklings. "Ha Ha! Suckers!" As a child, she would always be forced to the top squid in her school, thanks to her overbearing mother, and overprotective father, they would never let her go outside to play with other squids, as her parents locked in her room and forced her to study. It wasn't until she reached the age of 14, when she decided that enough was enough and confronted her parents. However recently, 5 days after her 15th birthday, she when missing. The police iniciated a city wide search for the young squid, but to no avial. And was reported dead by the police. "Hmm, i wonder what happened to her?"

Starting Kit: Street urchin kit

Permadeath Preference: Yay!

Class- Kid

"Welp, i'm doomed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom