• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Lab (Old One)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
i doubt im allowed to make a second charecter for the same RP run

Niraya

Inkling
Name: Niraya

Race: Octarian

Family/Friends: She lives alone. (explained in bio)

Unique Features: She is a Tech geek always tinkering away at things.

Appearance: She is an octarian with pink hair with fire red tips.

Personality: She is very inward. It difficult or her to let people in.

Backstory: Niraya was raised in the Domes all her life. She was abandoned at a young age. Left to fend for herself. She got a few friends over the years but all betrayed her one by one. This has left her with not only abandonment issues, but trust issues as well. Seeing to fill the hole in her life she turns to technology. Unable to find decent parts in the wastes of the Domes she leaves to Inkopolis. She hopes to one day find something to help her get revenge on those who betrayed her.

Starting Kit: Street 'Urchin' Kit

Permadeath Preference: I Perfer not but i know im going to get overruled.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Niraya Accepted, I'll edit you in shortly.

In the meantime, Emerald Octo will be posted on... As we reached the minimum.

Sunday Nov 22nd 3:00 PM EST
Be sure to post around that time!

Last edited:

DualSquelched

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nilithium
Hello! I'd like to join, but where would I end up! And what about "kits"? I was kinda hoping I could grab my Forge Splattershot Pro.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Hello! I'd like to join, but where would I end up! And what about "kits"? I was kinda hoping I could grab my Forge Splattershot Pro.
Sure! You can join. There are still open slots, three left for new players to fill.

Kits are a item to give your character's inventory a little 'boost' at the start, it's to balance the game, so no one pops in with weapons that would normally smash the enemies within the RP!

Besides it's not like you're not going to find a weapon in the RP.

*EDIT* I worded that wrong, I meant as in you're probably going to find weapons in the RP! Whoopsie.

Last edited:

DualSquelched

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nilithium
So, what exactly is happening? I'm a tad confused as to where I start, aside from the story in the first post. Also, I know I'm being insistent upon this, but the Forge Pro makes up part of my character's bio (but the Special is broken, doesn't work.) The thing is that his vision is severely impeded without his contacts, and uses the Point Sensors to determine friend from foe.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@DualSquelched

I stand adamant on the fact you cannot bring weapons into the RP, same as everyone else. Most of the enemies negate any form of protection (see Zerul's character) and will pierce them.

I'm not quite sure on how to deal with your character at this point. You revealing his vision isn't that good and all.
As for how to solve the fact you're not seeing well. I believe you could just switch out both the standard OOPA and the Suction Bombs/Ink Pistol (should you choose them) to Point Sensors/Ink Pistol. Does that seem satisfactory? The OOPA will be switched to have a weak echolocater (Won't reveal enemies and will only assist in vision) and becoming a lot more talkative as a result. I don't believe Inklings are symbiotic to their weapons as well.

Along with how to answer your questions on the story and such. You start in a central room in Emerald Octo, in front of a holographic projector on a pedestal, with little to no recollection as to why you're there. For Crimson Squid, you start randomly somewhere in the facility, which is the opposite and technically the 'hard mode' of the RP. CS being the more combat driven of the two, and EO being the more story driven of the two. Both Labs are linked, and have capabilities of crossing over, but it is difficult to do so.

Any other questions that need answering?

TL : DR
I'll replace your OOPA with one that has a weak Echolocator (Only detects the environment and is now a lot more talkative) and should you choose the Suction Bombs/Ink Pistol combo, it'll instead be replaced with the Point Sensors/Ink Pistol combo. Does that sound good to you?

As for the entrance part, I'm afraid you're going to have to read the spoiler. Trust me, there's no actual spoilers in it.

DualSquelched

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nilithium
@DualSquelched

I stand adamant on the fact you cannot bring weapons into the RP, same as everyone else. Most of the enemies negate any form of protection (see Zerul's character) and will pierce them.

I'm not quite sure on how to deal with your character at this point. You revealing his vision isn't that good and all.
As for how to solve the fact you're not seeing well. I believe you could just switch out both the standard OOPA and the Suction Bombs/Ink Pistol (should you choose them) to Point Sensors/Ink Pistol. Does that seem satisfactory? The OOPA will be switched to have a weak echolocater (Won't reveal enemies and will only assist in vision) and becoming a lot more talkative as a result. I don't believe Inklings are symbiotic to their weapons as well.

Along with how to answer your questions on the story and such. You start in a central room in Emerald Octo, in front of a holographic projector on a pedestal, with little to no recollection as to why you're there. For Crimson Squid, you start randomly somewhere in the facility, which is the opposite and technically the 'hard mode' of the RP. CS being the more combat driven of the two, and EO being the more story driven of the two. Both Labs are linked, and have capabilities of crossing over, but it is difficult to do so.

Any other questions that need answering?

TL : DR
I'll replace your OOPA with one that has a weak Echolocator (Only detects the environment and is now a lot more talkative) and should you choose the Suction Bombs/Ink Pistol combo, it'll instead be replaced with the Point Sensors/Ink Pistol combo. Does that sound good to you?

As for the entrance part, I'm afraid you're going to have to read the spoiler. Trust me, there's no actual spoilers in it.
In the main thread?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
In the main thread?
This is the main thread. Post your character here, if you wish to join that is.

Emerald Octo and Crimson Squid (Which is closed) are just IC (In Character) threads, for the RPers as their characters to respond.

Unless you mean that the OOPAs/Kits for all the characters will be changed, then no. None will be changed for existing characters, I'm just making an exclusion/change for you.

Last edited:

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
Name: Octa

Race: Octoling(Obviously)

Family/Friends: Her leftover family is her older sister(named Sushi) and older brother(named Octar) she has only one friend, an Inkling named Inklette.

Unique Features: She has long, flexible, finger less gloves and she actually seemed to have the capability of an Elite Octoling warrior

Appearance: She looks like the average Octoling. Large breasts but a mostly medium frame. She has pale peach skin and looks slightly taller than the Inklings. She has the standard Octoling hair except with most of her hairs being slightly larger than usual.

Personality: Octa is kind of hard to impress; she always seems to be cold towards others unless someone can get past that barrier. Only then will Octa treat them as a friend; kind, friendly, and somewhat protective.

Backstory: Octa was born to a female Octoling and an Octosniper? She had quite a few older siblings, her being the youngest. Well, it was until a 3.5 year old Inklette was found by her father. Octa was 5.5 at the time. At first, the two didn't get along for two days. Her family was treating the child like their own so she decided to pitch in with it. That's when they became friends. They quickly started to train once Octa turned 6. They were taught to use weapons, bombs, and be stealthy. Those two were child prodigies. Octa was finally able to get her humanoid form when she was ten, which was uncommon. Later that day, Inklings came and attacked. Octa and an eight year old Inklette survived but most of their family perished. Her eldest brother and sister were able to finally ward them off with other elites. Her brother ran off the next day with the other male Octolings. Her sister stayed and continued to train them until Inklette had finally maintained Ger humanoid form when she turned fourteen. The two decided to ambush Inkopolis to get vengeance. They were tossed in jail for a whole year before they broke out. Inklette looked different and was able to escape back into Inkopolis. Octa however, was abducted and taken to the Emerald Octo Labs.

Starting Kit: The 'Urchin' Kit thing?

Permadeath Preference: Naaaaay~

Character Class: Splattacker

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Inklette and Octa
Sure, you're accepted. You're going to have to wait until Tuesday though. Cuz that's when the next GM post comes around.
So... that makes 4 for Emerald and 6 for Crimson. Yey!

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Welcome side note one more No to permadeath means the charecters can't die due to majority rule.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Not quite.

Since Right Whale didn't state Yay or Nay, his/her vote remains undecided.

But you can't have a majority rule with 50/50. It just doesn't work that way, if I remember politics right. One side has to be over each other so it becomes 50/60 or 60/50 to override/or keep that rule.
Currently it's 5-4. 5 for Yay and 4 for Nay. If Nays must have their plot armor to live, despite the fact almost all enemies that aren't insane lab rats or sane lab rats will pierce your armor and subsequently kill you through your armor. I'm looking over at the infestation enemy type there, along with the robots. If you've read the fight between Lilith and Parzival vs The Big Bot (Placeholder name), you'll know what their general strength is.
But I've branched off into a different subject.

To sum it up. Nays need 2 more votes to override the rule and 'faint' whenever they would've died. This does give me an idea if you do override it. And the fact that RNG has been nice to you all thus far. Unless someone else gives you guys the final NitC (Nail in the Coffin) and votes for Yay, then you're boned and will need more people, which I'm not granting. 12 people is enough to handle, 16 or 14 is too high.

You looking for the Crucible?
I am the Crucible.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
i didnt' realize you were combining both Emerald and Octo lab votes

Ayykari

Senior Squid
A few questions before I fill out a form:

Would it be correct to assume that the Emerald and Crimson labs are the same? Are there any other major differences in how they operate?

And permadeath is not in effect as of right now, correct?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Would it be correct to assume that the Emerald and Crimson labs are the same? Other than the fact that one deals with Inklings/Inkopolis species and the other deals with Octolings. Are there any other major differences in how they operate?
I should probably update the main post at some point.

They are the same... but not quite, in one case. Emerald is tainted by a virus, I won't say what, but it's afflicted by a virus that mutates the infected and has capabilities of effecting machinery and other forms of the environment. Whereas Crimson, was evacuated and then quarantined due to its proximity to Emerald. It's the opposite to Emerald, as the virus hasn't reached there and completely taken it over.

Crimson Squid is just a name for it, and Emerald Octo is just a name for it as well.

The major differences is that Emerald focused on biological research(the virus), while Crimson focused on mechanical(see Pieri) and bettering the arsenal(see Urchin+Alex) of the Octilla(Octarian Army).
Emerald focuses on more story/exploration(see Niraya) aspects, while Crimson focuses on the more combat/story(see Parzival+Lilith) aspects.

Did that answer your questions, or do you have any more that need answering?
Note: The "see" means if you've viewed the posts leading up to them, its another version of me citing myself.

Ayykari

Senior Squid
Just a few about the permadeath mechanic.

If your character were to die whilst permadeath was in effect, would you be allowed to create another character or is that it? Assuming 'that's it,' what would happen if all the characters were to die?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
If your character were to die whilst permadeath was in effect, would you be allowed to create another character or is that it? Assuming 'that's it,' what would happen if all the characters were to die?
Forgot to mention, it depends on your vote. If you vote nay, then we won't have Permadeath on, and you'll live through anything. If you vote yay, it'll take multiple tries to get killed.

However, if you do die. The fallen character stays dead, and will not be able to be revived(unless they get infected, in which case, a cure is needed). In which, I suppose I'll be lenient and allow anyone who dies to come back as another character. You must be a different person obviously. If all your characters were to die, and I'm assuming you want multiple people to control, then no. You make one character, and one only. Once they die, then you make a new one and start over.

If you're assuming everyone were to die simultaneously(somehow), then it would be a definite game over for the RP and I'll probably wait for another batch of RPers to come by, or ask everyone if they want to go and try again with a different character. The question I would ask them then is "How the heck did this happen?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom