Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I wonder what would happen if you tried to enter Octo Valley as an Octoling...Missions to free DJ Octavio?

Or maybe the Octoling you play as is considered good, and doesn't see Inklings as enemies.
My theory is that the missions would be preliminaries to settling the score with Cuttlefish for the Great Turf War and getting fellow Octolings out of Octo Valley so that they can finally close it for good. I'd be impressed if the final battle was against his squid form riding a tank!

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
OH MY GOD thank you for pointing that out, I thought I was the only one who saw it. Is Japan gonna act more like....Japan with the official art work now?
I am torn between thinking this is good or bad.
Good-Yay! Raunchy humor is the best!
Bad-Oh yeah, kids. Easy to forget kids play this game. Heh...heh...
I'd be down for more adult humor :P

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Splatoon JP tweeted this, check that for clues
It looks like through google translate that all it's doing is reminding you of the Japanese Splatfest: Love vs Money and it also wishes you a wonderful holiday. Here it is anyway.
Festival will be held from 9:00 October 31 am tomorrow . Theme is " save the world is ? Love vs your money ." Which 's important in order to save the world , let's obediently answer . Tomorrow is also a Halloween . I would like you to enjoy the night of the festival to offer.

Nintendo UK's is definitely referring to something unrelated. We'll find out next week what they mean. What's with the 24 hour eShop maintenance on Sunday night?

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
What's with the 24 hour eShop maintenance on Sunday night?
NOA also tweeted that there will be a 24 hour maintenance on Sunday night. They never do that for the weekly maintenance in the past.

Though, I doubt the devs would release the Octolings randomly like a weapon, there would be a Nintendo Direct or Youtube video a few days before to hype it up.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
My theory is that the missions would be preliminaries to settling the score with Cuttlefish for the Great Turf War and getting fellow Octolings out of Octo Valley so that they can finally close it for good. I'd be impressed if the final battle was against his squid form riding a tank!
As much as I would love to see the captain being a badass, we have a better chance of seeing Agent 1 and Agent 2 as final bosses with them being veterans themselves. Old Cuttlefish said himself that he stopped fighting because he is so old he can barely produce ink!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
This is kinda off topic, but this thread gets derailed so much anyway. XD

The best part of this thread is how after some new idea pops into someone's head, we all go crazy. It's a roller coaster of hype, and I will be simultaneously happy and sad once we get Octolings. This thread is too fun to read.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
This is kinda off topic, but this thread gets derailed so much anyway. XD

The best part of this thread is how after some new idea pops into someone's head, we all go crazy. It's a roller coaster of hype, and I will be simultaneously happy and sad once we get Octolings. This thread is too fun to read.
like i said, there's a pattern... hype, silence, agitation. rinse and repeat.

I created this thread to collect all the info we could about octolings, and hype them up to no limit. it seems collectively, through our love for this game, the octolings, and the community, we have accomplished that. this thread is like no other. a place where people can speculate. get frustrated. laugh. make amends. discuss things, and do so much more, based on one concept alone. that is a powerful topic, and this thread encompasses all of squidboards. we've even made a group around this thread.

some of us have made friends, some have seen things from a different perspective, and some have laughed to no end. this thread is very special, and means a lot to me that everyone would come here to discuss, what ultimately boils down to a well proven dlc skin, to a game we all love.

i'm glad it brought you some joy. and this train won't stop until we hit that octoling wall. please stay tuned, and enjoy the ride. ;)

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Some countries like Australia don't have Halloween. I kinda feel bad for them because of it.
I live in Australia and we have Halloween here still what are you talking about
it's just that less do it, not that it doesn't exist. Stores still advertise halloween everywhere and all that.

I just noticed that. Hey Marie, you need to take your own words and keep the game's E rating. XD
But she never said that in Japan
the source material never said that lolol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom