Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
It's just the moto boots with some leg guards, clearly nintendo didn't think those were a good fit for octolings

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
i prefer the actual tactical boots. full leather. the moto boots are tacky.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I prefer the design we have now. The old one was a beta design and it shows.

Also, hype for big Splatoon news potentially next week if Nintendo UK's tweet is anything to go by.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
however has anyone think if they do get released, they probably won't be the same octolings in single player maybe they will be a bit different
The model used when the ID is switched to 2, is a seperate one from the Single Player Octolings, so surely this will be the case.

Although I do hope they will not tamper with their design too much and keep all the distinctive features there.
Sure the Octo-Hair they will definitely have. And the eyes too.
But they should also keep the gloves. Since that is also a distinctive feature.

(Though I am not against different gloves, including Octoling-gloves, as asthetic-only gear. Though unlikely....)

NNID
namine753

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
We've known that for a good while know, though. Pretty sure they were refering to Hightide Era and Chirpy Chips/ABXY.

That said, with the reveal of Turquoise October, we might eventually hear Octarian bands in multiplayer. That'd be pretty darn cool.

NNID
namine753
It would be amazing to have a humanoid DJ Octavio. The guy shown in the sunken scrolls is DJ Octavio, right?
-same hat
-talking to Cuttlefish, showing that they DID have a friendship in the past as the game implies
I'd be genuinely shocked if it wasn't Octavio, but hey, Octavio is technically an octoling too! So.....w00t. Male Octolings have been in the game all along~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom