Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
The only chance you're getting Octolings Information is through a Direct. Because they want to explain the differences between them and the Inklings, Single Player stuff, Their Kraken form, and even more on top of that. Octolings are the kinda "big" news that would warrant saving for a Direct, which we know is coming soon. Be a little more patient guys.
I only have so much patience >.< But I must persevere...

The Heavy Splatling Deco was confirmed for today? The initial twitter post just gave a vague "this weekend."
The Splatoon US tumblr confirmed it for 6pm PST tonight (which makes me very surprised SB hasn't covered it yet). http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Hey, speak for yourself. I'm looking forward to Yo-kai Watch. It'll have to step aside for Rodea: The Sky Soldier though.
Sorry, I didn't mean any offense to people who do like Yokai Watch. I'm just a little (okay, more than a little) sick of it and Mario Tennis being the only things Nintendo talks about nowadays when they could be showing off so much more than just those two.

[Happy 700th post on best thread, by the way!]

Heavy Deco is something I am hyped for, but alas, my heart aches for nintendo to be...more direct
11/10 best pun :)

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Oh they've been plenty loud, just not about the things we want. Ninty has yet to stop talking about Yokai Watch or Mario Tennis for just one day. I DON'T CARE WHAT CHEEKSQUEAK SNUCK INTO THIS TIME, NINTY, I JUST WANT A DIRECT.

plz? <3
I know you don't mean to offend anybody here, but at least with Yokai Watch, they want to hype it up because this is the first time the franchise appeared in other countries and not just an exclusive to Japan. Besides, the game looks fun, so I'm willing to check it out whenever I'm at Wal-Mart or GameStop. As for them hyping up Mario Tennis, yeah, there's no excuse for hyping that game up. It looks super bland anyway.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
I know you don't mean to offend anybody here, but at least with Yokai Watch, they want to hype it up because this is the first time the franchise appeared in other countries and not just an exclusive to Japan. Besides, the game looks fun, so I'm willing to check it out whenever I'm at Wal-Mart or GameStop. As for them hyping up Mario Tennis, yeah, there's no excuse for hyping that game up. It looks super bland anyway.
Inb4 "please understand, but due to the underwhelming sales of Mario Tennis, we have chosen to fold their development and gameplay assets into our more successful Nintendo franchises. For Splatoon, we have removed all existing maps and replaced them with 'Tako Tennis Court'..." :P

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
I'm hoping for some release dates, too.

I've noticed its getting so bad for some fans that you can find easy to get English patched roms on games like Fire Emblem Fates (which STILL HASN'T HAD ANYTHING NEW IN MONTHS EITHER!).

Where is that push for Star Fox Zero?
And Zelda U?
Pokemon???

It's getting ridiculous.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
This is what happens when we are thirsty for a Nintendo Direct.

Thankfully backlogs exist! :D

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I mostly blame Nintendo for only hyping Mario up too much. It's like none of their other franchises exist anymore or something. How can Mario get news constantly while their other franchises get nothing? I mean, I'm still waiting for new characters for Smash & more Zelda U info. Why should I care about Mario more despite how uninspiring the games have gotten over the years?

Mario may end up being the next Sonic when it comes to being the only franchise a company cares about anymore. Sure I'm stretching it, but the comparison's still scary to me.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mostly blame Nintendo for only hyping Mario up too much. It's like none of their other franchises exist anymore or something. How can Mario get news constantly while their other franchises get nothing? I mean, I'm still waiting for new characters for Smash & more Zelda U info. Why should I care about Mario more despite how uninspiring the games have gotten over the years?

Mario may end up being the next Sonic when it comes to being the only franchise a company cares about anymore. Sure I'm stretching it, but the comparison's still scary to me.
Mario is basically Nintendo's Mickey Mouse, only with more class.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Why should I care about Mario more despite how uninspiring the games have gotten over the years?
Super Mario Maker and Super Mario 3D World are the only standard Mario games worth playing on the Wii U and the only ones I would personally recommend. The only spin-off worth recommending is Mario Kart 8 due to the high production values and the non cookie cutter roster. (It's not a normal roster with characters like Villager and Link). Nothing else is worth giving a squit about honestly. But if Mario is not your thing, then I totally respect that! :)

Of course, I agree. I'm getting burned out of Mario despite me being a huge fan, and I just ordered Yoshi this morning. I wish Nintendo would stop giving Mario so many games nobody wants like Mario Tennis.

But seriously, Where's my new Metroid game? What happened to Zelda U? Where's Custom Robo? Why are you sending Chibi Robo to his early grave with a platformer nobody asked for instead of giving him the console game he deserves? Why is the Fire Emblem crossover game look like waifu trash instead of a Medieval epic the series used to be regardless of SMT's presence? Why did Donkey Kong get a better side-scroller than Mario did (I don't care, Tropical Freeze was THE side-scroller on Wii U)? Where's a Wario game that isn't a crappy minigame fest? Where's F-Zero? Where's a new Animal Crossing game? (amiibo Festival doesn't count), Where's Wave Race and 1080 since the Gamecube?

Nintendo is sitting on many of their IPs but they just make Mario game after Mario game. After the token Mario Platformer of that gen, give your other IPs some love too. We need more variety than just Mario. My optimism hopes for the Direct next week. But we'll see regarding that. I want the Octolings like, super bad.

Last edited:

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I think the true crime is the lack of Pokemon games on the Wii U. I don't know about you guys but I love Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Puzzle League, and admittedly Hey You! Pikachu. Those were all on the N64 alone. Now it's just Pokemon Rumble U (doesn't count IMO) and Pokken Tournament (which does look pretty rad).

Anyways the supposed 3.0.0 update will have to wait a little bit longer compared to the 2.0.0 update.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
The mention of Sega and missing franchises brings me a level of pain. They reminded us of all their great properties like Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Virtua Fighter, Skies of Arcadia, Super Monkey Ball, and more their shockingly well crafted Sega Allstars series (Racing Transformed rivals MK8!) and a tiny handful of HD remakes....

And does almost nothing with them after Sonic Boom became a thing. They even gave Atlus, the team behind PERSONA, free reign to grab an old franchise of their choosing to make a new game, only for the next major Atlus title to be a Persona/Fire Emblem rhythm game.

It's ****ing baffling.

So Nintendo gets credit in that they support multible franchises even if a few only have a handful of games.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I think the true crime is the lack of Pokemon games on the Wii U. I don't know about you guys but I love Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Puzzle League, and admittedly Hey You! Pikachu. Those were all on the N64 alone. Now it's just Pokemon Rumble U (doesn't count IMO) and Pokken Tournament (which does look pretty rad).

Anyways the supposed 3.0.0 update will have to wait a little bit longer compared to the 2.0.0 update.
I would like to see another Stadium-type game. And it's not simply because my YouTube channel shot up in popularity via Pokémon Battle Revolution coverage and shrank back down when it ended--I love having Pokémon battles on bigger screens. More spectacle!

By the way, there has already been more time elapsed between the August update and now as between Splatoon's release and the August update.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I would like to see another Stadium-type game. And it's not simply because my YouTube channel shot up in popularity via Pokémon Battle Revolution coverage and shrank back down when it ended--I love having Pokémon battles on bigger screens. More spectacle!

By the way, there has already been more time elapsed between the August update and now as between Splatoon's release and the August update.
Oh hey I know you. You're the one who did the Pokemon Battle Revolution videos when the Nintendo Wi-Fi servers were still up. You're a great Pokemon battler from what I have seen. :)

Btw do you think they will make Splatoon amiibo of other characters in the future? That would be awesome.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Very likely, with the Octoling being the frontrunner. Although Callie and Marie wouldn't be bad either~!

Apparently, there will be a Black Friday Wii U bundle that has both Smash and Splatoon, take that as you will.

And I'm still waiting for Octolings... News soon, Nintendo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom