Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I really like this design! It's very creative. They need to do something that's not "tentacles pulled into a man-bun," or else it'll be too similar to the inkling boy. I think this is a step in the right direction.
great work noire. i'd always pictured curly dude hair, like mine, and is one of the reasons i like the octolings more than inks. but if the sunken scrolls are anything to go by, the males have smaller tentacles that make a kind of mop head look. at least with headgear on.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
While I like the Octoling male hair designs suggested so far, I kind of want something a bit more...spiky, I guess? I dunno, maybe I've been watching too much anime lately. xD

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Hey thanks guys, but it was only a doodle. Nothing compared to what's out there. Besides, I only seriously attempt at drawing when I'm drawing girls. But I'll be buying a drawing tablet because using a mouse sucksssss. I'm curious what the Male Octoling would look like though if they come out at all.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Hmm...not a fan of the Octohawk, at least not as presented. Just looks creepy; would have done better if it was more akin to the Inkling male hairdo (i.e. the tentacles weren't shaved, they're just stretched and bound up into the desired hairdo).

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
The mention of Sega and missing franchises brings me a level of pain. They reminded us of all their great properties like Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Virtua Fighter, Skies of Arcadia, Super Monkey Ball, and more their shockingly well crafted Sega Allstars series (Racing Transformed rivals MK8!) and a tiny handful of HD remakes....

And does almost nothing with them after Sonic Boom became a thing. They even gave Atlus, the team behind PERSONA, free reign to grab an old franchise of their choosing to make a new game, only for the next major Atlus title to be a Persona/Fire Emblem rhythm game.

It's ****ing baffling.

So Nintendo gets credit in that they support multible franchises even if a few only have a handful of games.
Skies of Arcadia is such a great game.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
A part of me wants to contact all of these artists to form a super-team to draw the O.C.T.O. comic I'm writing. :P REALLY digging the aesthetic of the background in the pic War posted, tho in general I'm more partial to the style of the Octohawk artist.

...would it be possible for everyone to post sources when you're posting art here? It's always better to give artists the credit they're due, and bonus points if the credit comes in the form of a link back to where they originally posted it. :)

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Since we are not getting any Octolings any time soon by the looks of it how about some more Cuttlegear? How sweet would a Chainmail hood or some sorth of head gear that looks like the Octomaw be? Sign me up.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Does anybody believe that 4chan rumor on an Nintendo Direct happening on November 12th?

Like I know we're in a drought but I don't think any of us should be that gullible.

Last edited:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Does anybody believe that 4chan rumor on an Nintendo Direct happening on November 12th?

Like I know we're in a drought but I don't think any of us should be that gullible.
I don't. Since this is 4chan we're talking about, I usually take things like this with a grain of sea salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom