Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
That would be great to see Octolings in the game but uh- I WANNA BE AN OCTARIAN!
I WANNA HAVE SMOL YEGS AND "SPIT" INK AT OTHERS!
I mean I know that ain't ever gonna happen but for real, their tiny legs are too damn cute.

But then why have octolings...when you can have jellyfishes. =^)
Jellies are the master race. Let us be honest here. ;^)

Ugh... too bad I didn't pay attention to see the cute lil Octos in the background of Splatnet. 'ono'

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Just drop it dude. I hear where you're coming from, but there's no need to post meme pictures to prove a point. Let bygones be bygones and enjoy the game alright?

I also edited the post so it wasn't directed towards you. I'm sorry if I offended you. I wasn't trying to start something.
Heated arguments are fine, but MEMES? Now that's where I draw the line. Memes are no joking matter. They are weapons of mass destruction. Nobody in their right mind would ever use them for any reason. Memes ruin lives. They leave children starving in Africa. They cause global warming. Memes are the true enemy! It is shocking to me that the Geneva Conventions do not cover memes.

#BanDankMemes2015

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
It's speculated there may be one soon, but at this point, it looks like Nintendo is going to announce it via social media. They announced a couple of things today through social media and it looks like that may continue for now. But a direct doesn't seem that far away if you ask me.
based on their twitter, they're too busy partying, hitting the celeb scene, having relaxing mornings, and making cosplay books to care about releasing directs. then once they realize they have to say something, they think to themselves, "oh no, boss will kill me if i don't get that release out. good thing i convinced them social media was the future! Tweet it from the limo reggie! we got an octarian themed rave to schedule!"

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Omg, Aqua.

What's funny is when I logged on today, a kid in my plaza was asking about the apparent Octoling release today. He seemed a little upset, poor kid.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm going to be so disappointed if this whole "Octolings have hijacked Splatnet!" thing was just a ploy to advertise the Japanese Splatfest. xP I can understand if it was since someone was sponsoring it but still. Kinda disappointing. I was so hoping there would be an announcement soon after the Splatfest because of the whole "chance of peace" thing Splatoon's Japanese Twitter mentioned. ;w;

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Week's not over yet! :)
But even if we don't hear anything this week, the news will come soon. The Splatnet Octarian Interference, The Japanese Splatfest, The teasing in general, Nintendo is fully aware of what they're teasing and they know we know. You won't have to wait a month to play as the Octolings, I'm very sure of that.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Letting us know five days in advance... So, is Nintendo finally going to drop the bomb? Okay, the maintenance is three hours. It usually takes that long to upload new content based on Free to Play MMOs I used to play in the past. They may add something if it takes that long.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Letting us know five days in advance... So, is Nintendo finally going to drop the bomb? Okay, the maintenance is three hours. It usually takes that long to upload new content based on Free to Play MMOs I used to play in the past. They may add something if it takes that long.
yeah, and blanketing the update with "all services" doesn't mask jack, nintendo. if anything, it's more suspicious, and tells me everything you've been working on is ready for upload. if something doesn't work, they'll dump it in the next patch, for individual titles.

oh, and sorry, it seems like the maintenance could take up to 4 hours.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
yeah, and blanketing the update with "all services" doesn't mask jack, nintendo. if anything, it's more suspicious, and tells me everything you've been working on is ready for upload. if something doesn't work, they'll dump it in the next patch, for individual titles.

oh, and sorry, it seems like the update could take 4 hours.
4 hours? Usually maintenance just takes 10 minutes most of the time, but you only need that long if you're planning on testing a lot of new stuff on your server so it can clear for release hours after. I say an information blow out is coming soon in the form of a direct or by using social media before Monday. There is no reason Nintendo needs to shut down all services for four hours unless new content is on the way.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
4 hours? Usually maintenance just takes 10 minutes most of the time, but you only need that long if you're planning on testing a lot of new stuff on your server so it can clear for release hours after. I say an information blow out is coming soon in the form of a direct or by using social media before Monday.
Definitely. But what could require maintenance on the DS and Wii's end? Probably save transfers for the confirmed eshop/wiiu titles (won't say what, if people don't know, don't want even more spoilers!).

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Definitely. But what could require maintenance ono the DS and Wii's end? Probably save transfers for the confirmed eshop/wiiu titles (won't say what, if people don't know, don't want even more spoilers!).
Just did a double take, yeah it's four hours in the middle of the day and everything will be closed for Wii U and 3DS. And the Wii and DSi shops will close on that time too. Something doesn't add up... I smell a direct. Or maybe that's the smell of Nintendo's twitter.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Personally I hope they do not make octolings playable in this version of spaltoon. Before everyone spazzes out on me I would like to see them playable in the future. We all hope there will be a splatoon 2 for the NX why not release them then? The 'new' splatoon could be a whole game revolving around the octolings and their point of view. If you are gonna do it go all out not just a new skin/playable multiplayer character. Like the squid sister tell us 'stay fresh.' How fresh will Splat 2 be if they empty their clip on splatoon 1?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Personally I hope they do not make octolings playable in this version of spaltoon. Before everyone spazzes out on me I would like to see them playable in the future. We all hope there will be a splatoon 2 for the NX why not release them then? The 'new' splatoon could be a whole game revolving around the octolings and their point of view. If you are gonna do it go all out not just a new skin/playable multiplayer character. Like the squid sister tell us 'stay fresh.' How fresh will Splat 2 be if they empty their clip on splatoon 1?
I get what you mean, but there's an ocean full of things they can explore with this IP. Even if they are playable in this game, that would make the octo-only single player even more viable. as far as sequel material goes, we've only explored inkopolis and octo valley. Marie mentioned something about "out west," and "calamari county," and a ton of unexplored areas in octo valley itself. I want to see some desert cowboy squid. or country squid. or different sects of octoling subculture. are there different species of squid? what about the jelly's role, or the shrimps/crustaceans? I could go on wondering, but that's for the creators to give me in the sequel.

sorry if i sounded forward or dejecting to your idea, but i'm jones-ing for playable octos, and if a sequel does come out, I at least want octoling character established before then.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard

oh, and sorry, it seems like the maintenance could take up to 4 hours.
Yeah! I want to know which characters will be added for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS based on the character poll!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom